Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56417 times)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2014, 02:41:54 am »
+1
I'm alive and still fully geared up, not sure about others. They might have wandered off without me. I'm at the military base north from Kamenka.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »
+1
Kamenka best place to get killed early

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »
+3
Kamenka best place to get killed early
bolota airfield is 1st
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:18 pm »
+1
Quite often I'll spend a little while gathering everything I need to kick ass...Then I'll die to some sniper I cant see.

One time I  was being sniped at while in a town. I had a feeling he was sniping me from a hill into the town I was scavenging in... I sneaked up the hill and couldn't find him, while up there suddenly he stood up infront of me, shot me with a mosin and my screen went black as I heard the two pistol shots I managed to fire off as I died.. Doubt I hit him though.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #229 on: January 19, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »
+1
DayZ fail:
Played 2.5 hours with 2 friends, found everything, M4, ammo etc and house fight in elektro: we were 8 ppl in 1 house, full equipped... 3 snipers killed all of us ~~> fucking wasted 3 hours :D
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »
+1
"wasted"

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »
+1
Quite often I'll spend a little while gathering everything I need to kick ass...Then I'll die to some sniper I cant see.

One time I  was being sniped at while in a town. I had a feeling he was sniping me from a hill into the town I was scavenging in... I sneaked up the hill and couldn't find him, while up there suddenly he stood up infront of me, shot me with a mosin and my screen went black as I heard the two pistol shots I managed to fire off as I died.. Doubt I hit him though.
This is why 3rd person sucks, you should try 1st person only servers.
No sniperkiddies camping on top of buildings with 360 vision, if they see you, you can see them, and if they manage to kill you, you done goofed it up.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2014, 09:13:00 pm »
+1
1st person doesn't really effect snipers that much, since all you need to do is find a nice bush on top of a hill and camp there. You can't be seen untill really close, while you can still land those deadly shots insanely far. However, inside towns shit will get really intense since you can't see over the walls and such :D´

Had a pretty nice dayz session today with 2 friends. We pretty much went looking for trouble, on a 40 players server. First we searched through whole Cherno, and didn't find anyone. Then we continued to Electro, and managed to surprise a lonely player in the woods. We had him completely surrounded, and since he didn't have his weapons out we decided to go talk to him, put him in handcuffs and rob him blind :D and maybe force drink him some disinfections alcohol....
First we managed to make contact with him, and he actually replied in voice chat. But when he realized that it was 3 guns pointing at him instead of 1, he logged out :( Literally vanished from infront of us.
Then we continued to Electro, and decided to check the hill overlooking the town for snipers who might be trying to get some shots into the northern firestation. We spread out a lot, and soon one of us spotted a player scoping the firestation. Me and another one of us went to flank him while the last one of us stayed to keep an eye out for the player and area. However, while on the move I got sniped but someone we hadn't seen, and as the 1 player who was trying to stay on lookout tried to move to camp my body, he got ambushed by someone with an M4. Luckily, that last one of us still alive managed surprise the sniper while he was looting my body, and then got lucky with the M4 guy, who ran right into him without seeing him. Overall, 2 deaths 2 kills, got our stuff back and more  :wink:
But we did agree that never again shall we return to Electro, even when we weren't in a firefight we could hear shots all the time. Dat place is crazy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:54:44 am by Lennu »

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2014, 04:34:05 am »
+1
and as the 1 player who was trying to stay on lookout tried to move to camp my body, he got ambushed by someone with an M4.

Joupunk by any chance?

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2014, 05:33:58 am »
+1
Actually he survived without dying at all for a change  :lol:

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2014, 03:32:23 pm »
+1
actualy once i spawned in middle of mainland , so its 95 % across the coast

And the Novi Sobor low spawn chance is still there too.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »
+1
A few of my most interesting sessions in the DayZ mod were playing alone and going full predator mode on a full 1st person server. You don't need all that good gear bullshit everybody is always chasing. Once you get it, you get so scared of dying that the game gets boring as hell. Just grab a Makarov, an axe, a shotty or whatever shitty farmer gun you can find, if you are sneaky enough it all gets the job done. Headphones up loud, get into Elektro or Cherno and keep your eyes and ears peeled while you move around quietly. Sniping from a hill is gay as fuck, hunting in a town is the most intense, adrenaline filled shit ever. Gets really tactical if you have been spotted, have to be predict what they are going to do while trying to be unpredictable yourself. Zombies around you everywhere add another dimension.

As soon as you're on a third person server all the epicness is boom gone. Huge advantage to anyone that is camping, completely ruins the experience.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2014, 04:19:05 pm »
+1
A few of my most interesting sessions in the DayZ mod were playing alone and going full predator mode on a full 1st person server. You don't need all that good gear bullshit everybody is always chasing. Once you get it, you get so scared of dying that the game gets boring as hell. Just grab a Makarov, an axe, a shotty or whatever shitty farmer gun you can find, if you are sneaky enough it all gets the job done. Headphones up loud, get into Elektro or Cherno and keep your eyes and ears peeled while you move around quietly. Sniping from a hill is gay as fuck, hunting in a town is the most intense, adrenaline filled shit ever. Gets really tactical if you have been spotted, have to be predict what they are going to do while trying to be unpredictable yourself. Zombies around you everywhere add another dimension.

As soon as you're on a third person server all the epicness is boom gone. Huge advantage to anyone that is camping, completely ruins the experience.

Both got their fun moments. Having NV googles and sniping on a hill and taking advantage or low level players crappy position is fun. But there's also fun in being shitty geared and fighting the odds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2014, 05:58:11 pm »
+1
New patch, should be released later tonight:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: its out
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:18:08 pm by JackieChan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:53 pm »
+1
Backpack inception sounds like a paradise for people that want to gather everything