Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56401 times)

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Re: Dayz Standalone (It is out!!)
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2013, 02:11:13 am »
+13
Not sure if this has already been linked but it is worth a read...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1ttujw/dayz_my_decent_into_madness/

I will place in a spoiler for those who prefer....

(click to show/hide)

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:48 am »
Been away for a week. Back now. Looking forward to playing some standalone! Has there been another character reset since the 20th?
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »
+1
Waylander_VVar, Waylander_KingConan, Waylander_Sprinter, Waylander_Sambeer and Waylander_Kibbles

As you can see we have had a productive day....

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »
Lizards  8-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2013, 08:22:16 am »
+14

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2013, 01:23:09 pm »
+5

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:03 am »
+1
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2014, 10:57:03 am »
Haha music guy is hilarious on lirks and towelliee stream. Wish I could run this game but watching lirik is also a rate laugh.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2014, 04:50:51 pm »
towers is fixed  :lol:

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2014, 06:01:25 am »
http://www.twitch.tv/lirik/c/3481126

Untill watching this I have avoided this game since it looks absolute fucking dogshit, but now I might have to try :D
I don't know enough

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
And there was much complaining!
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:29 am »
Phoenix bought it so i just got to try it, played 43 minutes. got too bored to continue, so I jumped off top floor of multiple floor building (which was empty of items) in an attempt to commit suicide but landed in a bush and took no damage. so I instead just exited via the menu.

I've enjoyed watching some of the new dayz videos, game can still be hilarious. I'm sure If I put in 20 hours I would have something amusing happen, but fact is new day z is simply worse and less fun than the day z mod I played back in the day. Even once they add back in zombies, loot, fun, etc. its still going to be basically a carbon copy of the mod but with better inventory system and a price tag.

I know its alpha but I frankly that's irrelevant. Firstly because they are charging for it, so money is no object since they have already sold a billion copies of this alpha aswell as arma 2 for day z mod. Secondly because its been over a year and all they have done is taken 1 step forward, but 3 back. thirdly because once its finished the direction will still be the wrong one; they aren't taking the idea to a its full potential, just rehashing it with a few welcome, but meaningless improvements.

I used to be a pretty big fan of the mod but I can't see myself ever buying standalone now. victim of its own success I guess.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:10:41 am by Banok »

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2014, 09:48:05 am »
+1
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE ITS AN ALPHA THAT'S NOT FEATURE COMPLETE WITH ABOUT 1% OF THE LOOT IN IT.

FFS people even rocket (Dayz's chadz) told you not to buy it if your looking for a polished complete game. If you bought it now, just look at it like this, you preordered a game that will be out in a year, but instead of having to wait said year, you now get access to it in its current form. Its up to you if you want to be a constructive member and give bug reports and feedback to the devs, or just not play it at all until its at least in a feature complete state.

I'm not saying you must love the game, but what I am saying is it makes no sense to call it a shit game because its not finished... BECAUSE YOU PAID FOR A NON FINISHED GAME.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »
Phoenix bought it so i just got to try it, played 43 minutes. got too bored to continue, so I jumped off top floor of multiple floor building (which was empty of items) in an attempt to commit suicide but landed in a bush and took no damage. so I instead just exited via the menu.

I've enjoyed watching some of the new dayz videos, game can still be hilarious. I'm sure If I put in 20 hours I would have something amusing happen, but fact is new day z is simply worse and less fun than the day z mod I played back in the day. Even once they add back in zombies, loot, fun, etc. its still going to be basically a carbon copy of the mod but with better inventory system and a price tag.

I know its alpha but I frankly that's irrelevant. Firstly because they are charging for it, so money is no object since they have already sold a billion copies of this alpha aswell as arma 2 for day z mod. Secondly because its been over a year and all they have done is taken 1 step forward, but 3 back. thirdly because once its finished the direction will still be the wrong one; they aren't taking the idea to a its full potential, just rehashing it with a few welcome, but meaningless improvements.

I used to be a pretty big fan of the mod but I can't see myself ever buying standalone now. victim of its own success I guess.

They could've gone for large amounts of very buggy and unstable content, or for very stripped but mostly stable initial alpha build. I think I prefer the latter way, which they decided to take. Now that the groundwork is on a good track(Server-client architecture, network bubble etc.), they can start adding more features and content. I'm not really sure what you were expecting to see at this point.
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »
I'm quite enjoying the game. Alone it gets quite boring, but when playing as a group you can be really effective in pvp. Ofc, since there is no real goal in the game you just go into the pvp hotspots and start hunting :D
Yesterday I lost my char (one of the gamebreaking bugs I hope they'll fix asap), but today it took me about an hour to equip myself with scoped Mosin and 60+ ammo, a pistol with 30+ ammo and a good backbag filled with food and good will. So I'm ready to hunt again  :twisted:

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »
What this game needs is some kind of Highscore board, for example it would show who has been most time living ingame with the current life. so there would be some kind of goal instead of just killing people after getting all the shit you need.