Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56133 times)

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Re: Dayz Standalone (It is out!!)
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 05:10:13 am »
I expected it to be a lot better after all this time. Not gonna spend much time on it I think  :|
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:37 am »
Arma 2 engine with arma 2 problems, so yeah no thx, i think devs forgot what year we are living in, theres better stuff like this out there by now.

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2013, 06:07:05 am »
+1
I just woke up on the backseat of a car with handcuffs.
A russian gang kidnapped me, after waking me up they got me out of the car and drove over me. Good first day experience i guess.

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »
+3
I just woke up on the backseat of a car with handcuffs.
A russian gang kidnapped me, after waking me up they got me out of the car and drove over me. Good first day experience i guess.
erm theres no cars in dayz yet lol

anyway heres my char atm:
(click to show/hide)
For me all the new features like customisation really outshines all the negative stuff. and

Arma 2 engine with arma 2 problems, so yeah no thx, i think devs forgot what year we are living in, theres better stuff like this out there by now.
From what i have seen,  theres no survival mmo out there that offers as much things as dayz does, even if its still in alpha

After 6 hours of gameplay, i totally love it. If people are thinking of getting it, its forth it especially for just 20 euros
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:19:01 pm by JackieChan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2013, 12:19:07 pm »
I enjoyed the mod quite a bit but after all this time...

'We've run out of money. Time to press the big red 'Alpha Steam Release' button.'

I think this hits the nail quite well tbh.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2013, 12:20:15 pm »
i have reports that performance is better for low end computers, it laggs less and in general it is more friendly for pooer people like me who cant afford good machine  :)  is it true? if yes i gonna buy it instantly.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »
Should i wait for christmas? Hoping for a sale, i dont know if they will put a recently realased game on sale tho

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:20 pm »
+2
Every video Ive ever seen for this game shows that it doesnt work on any level except as a massive map deathmatch fps.

At the announcements, and in "gameplay" vids, devs seem to cleverly steer away from showing many, if ANY, zombies, since they dont work, with arbitrary hits animations. That just seems to have got worse.

I hope I'm wrong and its just the framerate of the recordings, or maybe the machines being used too weak or something, because they seem to have built an apocalypse survivor game that is missing the point: the zombies should also be scary, but not scary because you cannot tell exactly where they are to shoot them, or how close they actually are to you to avoid them.

But maybe its a video problem.... doubt it tho
I don't know enough

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 02:02:37 pm »
+1
People who havent played the game should abstain from rushing to conclusions.

About the zombies, they  reduced the amount since its an alpha and theres are still many bugs around (including zombie respawn bug). But the zombies animation/hitboxes are considerably improved compared to the arma2 dayz mod.
Theres alot of new survival aspects, its not only about zombies.
About performance, im not getting any major problem, they seem to have optimised it quiet well.

As the game gets patched it will get better and better, so don't start bashing on it so soon.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:06:54 pm by JackieChan »
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »
+2
I'll maybe answer a few Q's and share some things having played it a bit and following the development:

1) Yes, this runs better than Arma 2 does on low end PC's. At least it runs better for me. They concentrated on optimisation from the early days of making standalone.

2) This is not the latest version of the game. I've watched a few streams by rocket ad it looks like the media they've released is a few months old. Why? I predict this might be the most stable recent changelist - they release it, see how the servers etc cope, then update it incrementally to get us more up to date without breaking everything.

3) Its totally playable even with this old media.

4) There are bugs. Kerrigan went unconscious after eating a rotten apple, was out cold for ten mins before I logged out. He might still be unconscious. This is either some hyper-real design an I need to find an Epi-Pen to wake him up, or a bug. Someone mentioned above that they were out cold for ages too.

5) There is less killing sight. In the time I've played it I've bumped into maybe 12 players, including 2 pairs of well armed players. They all spoke to me, and I spoke back. One pair asked me to sit down while they looted a shop (that I had already looted), and they all left me alone. Its like the old days, and I suspect most people buying it now want it to be like the old days - myself included.

6) There are some really cool little touches/features. For me it was the books before if you picked up a book it was just a waste of an inventory slot. Now you can equip it in your hand and when you use it, it opens up the book. Theres loads of really old books that are now out of copyright, and you can read them in Dayz.

Looks like Jackie has been playing longer than me seeing as he is better armed than I am with my fucking fire extinguisher, so maybe he can say more. These are just my observations.

p.s. Jackie come to GK ts tonight if you like no doubt me and kerrigan (plus others maybe) will be playing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:38:24 pm by NejStark »
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2013, 04:09:22 pm »
Or... if you want to buy it now becasue its half the price it will be upon full release, then buy it for £20 now and dont play til you see it for £40 on Steam.

They're going to double the price for retail? :o

I thought it was going F2P or at least keeping a price-tag in the lower end e.g. 20/25€.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
I played with a friend and he had the same problem than kerrigan on point 4, we played together for a bit then his screen started to  turn greyish then he fell unconscious. My screen is starting to turn grey to ingame but i didnt fall unconscious yet. I keep getting a message saying im tired but i dont know what to do (is there an option to take a nap?). I ate, drank, put some bandages,i dont know what to do now.

About the killing on sight, i must confess that i already have 2 kills on my board, 2 guys suprised me as i went out of a building and i blasted them with my m4 :x

If u didnt see yet, theres a new map online on dayz db, heres the link:
http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Ill join you guys tonight then! atm im near the north west airfield.
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »
+1
Only played for a few moments yesterday, but was enough to get my char virtually raped.  :|

Suddenly get hit in the back, glance two well armed man. Char goes unconscious.

Then a soothing voice starts saying: "Shhhhh.... It's alright. It was bound to happen, no need to struggle. It will only get harder."

I mean, I haven't laughed so hard at an e-moment such as yesterday.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »

I played with a friend and he had the same problem than kerrigan on point 4, we played together for a bit then his screen started to  turn greyish then he fell unconscious. My screen is starting to turn grey to ingame but i didnt fall unconscious yet. I keep getting a message saying im tired but i dont know what to do (is there an option to take a nap?). I ate, drank, put some bandages,i dont know what to do now.

You have to eat/drink all the time, literally all the time, unless they fixed it today. Pretty sad to see the same initial issues appear in this early access version as in the mod, guess that's what to be expected when it is the same engine just modified.

Also click F3 to sit down, then sit still for a couple of minutes (2 or so) and it'll fix the blurry screen if you're feeling "ill" even when having had food/drink plentiful.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 05:22:59 pm »
+1
Yeah, I find myself eating/drinking whenever I find anything, there's no chance to keep anything..