Author Topic: Possible Serious Admin Abuse  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Serious Admin Abuse
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 02:25:25 pm »
+5
I suppose I should avoid making any comments about Germans and War Crimes. Instead, I'll just say that if you're going to ban everyone on the enemy team in a strat battle, call in an admin who isn't involved in the battle to make the call. Makes it less awkward all around.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »
Seems like

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 02:46:35 pm »
That Owl kinda looks angry, though. If owls have jimmies, I think his just got rustled.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »
+6
I would first see if the admin had any personal interest in winning the battle and then if any of the banned persons can prove they actually listened to the warning and joined the fight, as far as I see from the screen shots only the people who failed to follow the warning were banned.

How can you tell if they failed to follow the warning? We were putting up flags and taking down enemy flags. Furthermore, we were waiting 2 minutes for the attackers timer to be up before we fully engaged with our last 30 tickets. That was us trying to win. Trying to win is not delaying, and an admin in the enemy clan should not ban the entire opposing team in a strat battle.

He banned like 20 people with 2 minutes left on their spawn timer. We couldn't screenshot more BECAUSE HE BANNED US.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 03:20:24 pm »
+3
If this is true he should have his admin rights removed and get a very lengthy ban imo, this shit is fucked up.
Also, how the hell can they be delaying when there's no way in hell that everyone from the other team are slower than everybody on their team?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 03:21:39 pm »
+9
I think you can do everything you want on strat except cheating,bug using etc. So i think Cyrus had no right to ban those people.

Offline Wallace_Ritchie

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Luk_Astralis, FatKidsAreHardToKidnap
  • IRC nick: Luk
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »
+4
As you can see I was the first kicked(maybe). Save the hasty threat posted in blood pink 5 seconds before the genocide, no warning was given before me being kicked. I had many fist kills. The skill of the punchers on the other team was too great. They punched like devils. Punching, and punching. All that was left to us was to cheat. I begged our comrades not to anger the EU neckbeards that run everything. They chose to take the path of honour, and try to win. Fools, I called them. FOOLS. What could they hope to do against such a god, that killed at will from a UI such as his? This post will be locked, and those that post shall take warnings, or worse. Bless those that gave their life on the battlefield, and ever thought they could win. When will NA learn this is an EU game, and no amount of logic, fairness, or sense shall ever gain them victory over those who are obviously not the my old friends in this situation. R.I.P.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »
I had many fist kills. The skill of the punchers on the other team was too great. They punched like devils. Punching, and punching. All that was left to us was to cheat. I begged our comrades not to anger the EU neckbeards that run everything.
You are quite right there sir. The naked bug fist fight battle was quite fun when we all engaged eachother.

But when one team tries to gain benefits through a bug (by delaying and avoiding fights in order to gain more tickets in the end), you do break one of the very first rules under:
General Rules: http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/
  • No exploiting of any kind:
    • NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits.
And the admin dealt with it accordingly, nullifying the benefit by banning ppl for a short time so noone could rejoin (warnings and kicking didn't seem to help).

At least none of the teams lost their gear after the battle (and i only looted our goods Heroin tried to run off with), was a weird bug, we where both shiny armed and it could have been a nice little scrim.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »
+2
You are quite right there sir. The naked bug fist fight battle was quite fun when we all engaged eachother.

But when one team tries to gain benefits through a bug (by delaying and avoiding fights in order to gain more tickets in the end), you do break one of the very first rules under:
General Rules: http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/
  • No exploiting of any kind:
    • NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits.
And the admin dealt with it accordingly, nullifying the benefit by banning ppl for a short time so noone could rejoin (warnings and kicking didn't seem to help).

At least none of the teams lost their gear after the battle (and i only looted our goods Heroin tried to run off with), was a weird bug, we where both shiny armed and it could have been a nice little scrim.

I'm sorry but I don't see how trying to survive for the final few minutes so the attackers are forced to retreat, then killing the last ones on the field and winning, can be seen as exploiting.  The fact that attackers retreat when the time runs out is intended isn't it?

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 05:02:26 pm »
The fact that attackers retreat when the time runs out is intended isn't it?
Yes with normal gear it is, but do to the fact of the naked bug it is near impossible to hunt ppl down or keep the flags down.
The admin told ppl to fight and engage, wich was not taken seriously by the defenders.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »
+2
Yes with normal gear it is, but do to the fact of the naked bug it is near impossible to hunt ppl down or keep the flags down.
The admin told ppl to fight and engage, wich was not taken seriously by the defenders.

Yea it is a difficult situation, tho it was not the defenders doing and they shouldn't be penalised by it by being forced into wasting tickets.  Imo the admin made a bad call, but ideally the battle shouldn't even have taken place given the circumstances.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:21 pm »
+7
Last Strat I was in a EU Templar battle where we were defending with no gear and were completely naked. We fought 5 guys with full plate and our orders where to run away from them and kite and to not fight, we were told to wait for the timer to go down so they were forced to retreat. Then we fought and killed them, the other guy got kick polled illegally (not submitted by us, but by a spectator). The admins on the server did nothing and let it play out. I don't see how this is any different. People are even dying on the server from combat. Attackers have to attack, defenders have to hold out for as long as they can and a goal is to hold out for the timer.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
+5
Clearly he has never heard of guerrilla tactics.

Imo, if flags were being put up / taken down, I think that should count as fighting. To put a flag down, can't have anyone on its team near it last I checked. I'm sure people were trying to prevent it, and from all posts of "I was banned while fighting," its almost certain that is what happened. Seems like a very hasty call from the admin.

As Crob28 said, the battle should be repeated if there was an issue with the website. There should also be more than 1 admin in the next battle, to prevent this sort of situation. (Preferably a selection of 2 non-affiliated admins)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:43:51 pm by Zanze »

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 05:43:39 pm »
+1

Now gtfo low IQ Americans.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

and so this was on topic..........wtf were we supposed to do? YOU guys were naked and WE were naked. I gaurentee you that if cyrus or whatever his name was, was on OUR side we would not be banned right now and the wall of text chat would have been saying that we were fighting ligit.......Its not delaying, and its not illegal. PLUS we were running around the flags when you banned everyone spawned.....

Cool story man, did your high Internet IQ stop me from taking all of your shit?  I believe Waradin is from one of the European countries that beats out the US, so he is actually well within his rights to say that.  Like I said, we are quite low for a first world country and SUPER POWER, and of course with our economy the way it is, it is no surprise.  Most Americans can't do simple math and as a result average $19,000 of credit card debt.

Anyway, back on topic, you should link the battle so we know which one you're referencing.
and as for this statement, Europe is more in the shitter than we are. Plus if you havent realised all the markets are exactly where they were OR slightly higher than before the recession meaning we are almost out of the shitter....the GOVERNMENT having no money is not reflective on the economy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:52:19 pm by blacktiger28 »

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
+3
I don't think the admin in question should be punished, but I don't think semen-storm should have been banned for it. Each side was trying to handle their situation as best as they could with this terrible bug. You guys seemed to be delaying which is usually against the rules, but given the circumstances I probably would have agreed that was the best tactic to use. The admin saw you guys delaying and under any normal situation that is against the rules. Really the only thing that should happen is a roll back, seeing as how a lot of battles are incredibly bugged out now.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.