Author Topic: Possible Serious Admin Abuse  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Possible Serious Admin Abuse
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:39:33 am »
+15
Cyrus_HRE

He banned everyone on our team, which he was opposed to, after we used a legal tactic to beat their army. We had no gear, nor did the enemy, so we decided to run about the map since we were the defending and letting the time run out, putting up our flags, and fighting where necessary. He kicked our entire team so they would not lose the battle.

His final claim was that we were delaying, but people were banned even as they were fighting and taking damage.

Screenshoots:

http://imgur.com/a/hN64A
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Serious Admin Abuse
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:44:59 am »
+6
In the first screenshot, you can see the admin tell us to "stop delaying and try to get your flags back", at which point we did as he said and regained control of our flags. He then proceeded to ban/kick our entire team anyways.

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:50:05 am »
Augment your reality, the easy way!

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:51:44 am »
+7
Cyrus_HRE banned literally everybody on the opposite team in a strat battle, on the grounds that they were "delaying" in an even merc naked on naked punch battle. He issued a warning saying not to delay, which we were not doing, a few of our fighters actually went out of their way to attack their flags to prove that we were not delaying, and then Cyrus_HRE proceeded to ban every singe player on the team regardless of whether they were fighting or not. This is a major abuse of admin powers and should be addressed immediately.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:54:58 am »
Common sense rule guys. You were delaying and griefing the battle, you were even getting angry at people on your TS who were attempting to fight back. You told them to stop fighting and scatter. Pretty clear case here, you guys are just sore that you actually got caught and banned for it.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:12 am »
+5
nope... none from your team was fighting, you were all just running away.  you had about 10 warnings and you didn't stop delaying even after that the first guy got banned.

I got banned WHILE I was fighting. Also, he only warned us once. This is a straight up lie, and the admins will be able to see it if they look at the chat logs.

Common sense rule guys. You were delaying and griefing the battle, you were even getting angry at people on your TS who were attempting to fight back. You told them to stop fighting and scatter. Pretty clear case here, you guys are just sore that you actually got caught and banned for it.

Staying alive long enough to run the attackers out of time so that you can engage them and win the battle is not delaying or griefing. The attackers get a certain amount of time to kill the defenders before they stop spawning. If that doesn't happen, then the defenders kill all fielded attackers, the defenders win. That is what we were attempting to do by blocking/capping flags and staying alive.

We were doing all of that, continuing to fight, contesting flags, and run you out of time. Banning EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the team, whether they were fighting or not, people who were trying to raise/lower flags, is simply a way to cheat to win a battle you possibly could have lose.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Steelbird

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Rits
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:23 am »
They literally banned me and I wasn't even spawned in we where going to do a last push with what troops we had left near the end of the timer and I was banned for it, which made no sense to me. Before that I was watching one of our guys fight a group of the attackers and he got banned for delaying, I guess people on the attacking team plays pretty dumb if they expect a player to charge into a group of people on his own instead of backpedaling and only going in for at the right time to attack. When they did give the warning we did have people start going for flags and ganging up on player we managed to isolate. Sure there was that one or two guys that kept running around but they would eventually would get caught/jumped into a fight.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:31 am »
+3
you were even getting angry at people on your TS who were attempting to fight back. You told them to stop fighting and scatter.

We were trying to conserve our tickets. In strat battles sometimes you have to disengage your enemy to reform, get in a better position, etc. If you seige a castle without ladders or a catapult the defenders its not up to the defenders to bend over and let you in. Maybe you should have brought some cav, or ranged. We're not responsible because your team is not equipped to meet the conditions of victory no matter the reason be it a bug, lack of reinforcement, lack of foresight.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 10:29:55 am »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 10:35:36 am »
+7
So its the defender fault for not bringing gear? Shouldn't it be the attackers?

I was not at said battle but, this really sounds like awkward situation. Got any screenshots of the battlefield so other players can get a better understanding on what going on.

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Espwn

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Frodo_BRD, Samwise_the_Stouthearted
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 10:37:37 am »
Cry babys , Thats all you can do.

Also he did warned you couple of times , also random players such as me warned you too. You just insulted us saying " fuck off" and things like that , also you did not put up your flags you just run around whole map holding block and not swinging with ur fists at all, so Cyras has banned all of you with ALL RIHGTS.

Now gtfo low IQ Americans.

I like this guy. Tell it like it is!  :D

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 10:38:14 am »
+1
Now gtfo low IQ Americans.

Is racial/cultural slander allowed on the forums now?
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 10:45:10 am »
+4
Honestly I'm not sure this was handled correctly, there is a difference between delaying when the fight is lost, and merely just waiting for the chance to strike, it sounds to me like defenders were honestly trying to win this battle in the only way that they could, by waiting the time out and then killing the attacker.

Obviously in 99% of cases this wouldn't work because of cav, archers, etc, hunting them down, but in this case it sounds like a legit, if not overly exciting, strategy.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 10:52:52 am »
+9
The server was bugged out, so nobody was able to spawn with anything. That's why it was such a mess. As the battle went on the defenders were running low on tickets, and we were losing to the superior tactics and might of the EU fisters, so we decided it would be best to run down the timer/go for their flags/run back and put up our flags all at once. That way when it came down to it, we could have a fighting chance if we grouped up and took on the people that were already spawned in as their ticket advantage would no longer mean anything. The admin eventually warned us that we were delaying, so most of us went to clear our flags. There were attackers and defenders all over the map in a glorious naked fisting frenzy, so I don't know why it turned into such a shit show at the end. A teammate and I were actually fighting someone when he was banned, mid-fight, and I was banned shortly thereafter. There were other people in the TS talking about being in the middle of fights when they were banned as well.

It would be understandable if we were actually delaying/griefing, but we were really just doing our best to win with what we had.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:57:00 am by Canuck »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 10:55:48 am »
+6
I'm not surprised. It is common practice for some ....
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.