Author Topic: Fief take over results in item multiplication  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Fief take over results in item multiplication
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »
+2
DRZ is clear. As always :p
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:21:10 am by Segd »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:15 am »
+1
It appears the gear has grown again. So yeah, it's still happening. Hero Party has just attacked Nova Mawiti to retake it. Let's hope they don't attack the man with the bug afterwards and win, or it'll be a real fun time in the desert.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 01:28:12 am »
This really needs to be looked into asap, Have any of the dev's mentioned if its at least being looked at/worked on?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 01:40:35 am »
+1
I do NOT believe it's related to fiefs. I've heard that it happens in field battles too.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:04 am »
+3
oh boy. the end of strat 2 all over again. THE END IS NIGH!

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 02:57:48 am »
+4
It would be nice to make this bug know & allowed for all(since devs don't care anymore).
Every battle would be max plate vs max plate. Plated chargers, throwing lances, flambergs, steel shields etc.

& XP! 100-200k per tick  :shock:

Only bad thing - ranged will be doing zero damage & would be constantly bumped by plated cavalry  :cry:

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 09:43:38 am »
It would be nice to make this bug know & allowed for all(since devs don't care anymore).
Every battle would be max plate vs max plate. Plated chargers, throwing lances, flambergs, steel shields etc.

& XP! 100-200k per tick  :shock:

Only bad thing - ranged will be doing zero damage & would be constantly bumped by plated cavalry  :cry:

Because the Strategus community is known for using exploits in fun, fair ways in order to get big battles that everyone can enjoy.  :(
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 03:16:12 pm »
+1
Because the Strategus community is known for using exploits in fun, fair ways in order to get big battles that everyone can enjoy.  :(

And not to use them to help their cause in wars they shouldnt have won !

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 03:30:37 pm »
I hate to be the one with the ultimatum, but we're put in a shit situation with "hot" gear/gold. If no admin action is taken or at least instructions received by myself or cikel within two days, we will be forced to use the gold or at the very least store it in a safe place. If we hadn't reported the damn bug, we would have been in an amazing situation in terms of gear, but also in terms of effort expended upon this issue. It would in fact be a non-issue for us, but we chose to call the crpg police.

Sorry, but I really don't want to be put in a position where we are forced to defend a gigantic stockpile of gear that we're, in fact, afraid to even use for fear of getting a banstick.

If this bug is not new (and it seems to be quite established, in fact we may be the last people to know about it) then strategus should either be wiped entirely or an official word should be given that Strategus will not receive mod support. That way we know to take care of bugs and duped gear as a community and not hang on the word of the admin/mod/dev teams.

Note that we attacked the village that made them trigger the bug, and they had members flee with 500,000 crates and 1,000,000 crates each apparently while emptying out the village, to protect their duped wealth.  Then the bug did not trigger for us at all.  So I am glad that Strategically, capping a frontier Hero Party fief has benefited our enemies with millions upon millions of gold and duped horses with nothing we can do about it.

Strat, woohoo.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »
+10
Note that we attacked the village that made them trigger the bug, and they had members flee with 500,000 crates and 1,000,000 crates each apparently while emptying out the village, to protect their duped wealth.  Then the bug did not trigger for us at all.  So I am glad that Strategically, capping a frontier Hero Party fief has benefited our enemies with millions upon millions of gold and duped horses with nothing we can do about it.

Strat, woohoo.

They asked for admin intervention and then stated they were more or less locked down until the issue was resolved.  Instead of waiting for anything to happen, you attack immediately, hoping to capitalize on the situation, but they weren't stupid enough to leave the gear in the village.  You then try to spin the story and make them look bad.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »
+6
They asked for admin intervention and then stated they were more or less locked down until the issue was resolved.  Instead of waiting for anything to happen, you attack immediately, hoping to capitalize on the situation, but they weren't stupid enough to leave the gear in the village.  You then try to spin the story and make them look bad.

That is what Smoothrich does. He tries to manipulate everything.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »
I'm just saying how the bug ruins the game.  Lose and retake a pretty meaningless fief, and the enemy gets 1.5 million crates of goods and hundred thousand horses out of ~1000 tickets being exchanged and we get nothing.

I don't blame them for shit, but their faction no longer has a need to trade ever again, along with anyone else who benefited from the bug so far.  No risk of caravans.  Its just going to get stupider as time goes on.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 07:56:36 pm »
+10
I'm just saying how the bug ruins the game.  Lose and retake a pretty meaningless fief, and the enemy gets 1.5 million crates of goods and hundred thousand horses out of ~1000 tickets being exchanged and we get nothing.

I don't blame them for shit, but their faction no longer has a need to trade ever again, along with anyone else who benefited from the bug so far.  No risk of caravans.  Its just going to get stupider as time goes on.

Are you fucking kidding me Smoothbitch? I'm done being reasonable.

We have had NO WORD from the admins on what to do with this shit. You think we're going to leave it in Mawiti for anyone to take? I can trust nobody but myself, least of all you. Of fucking COURSE we're going to leave with the gear. This bug has almost certainly taken place before, now you're going to berate us for trying to keep this gear out of hands that might use it? After being the only ones (!!!!!!) to report it?

Yeah, fuck off.

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and we gave you 40k more than was in the fief when we took it. You're welcome, bitch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:10:59 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 08:21:46 pm »
+2
I have the feeling that if Smoothrich had encountered this bug first, he would have been quiet about it and kept all of the shit he got without reporting it just because it'd benefit him in game.

Anyway, I expect the leaders of Fimbulvetr (myself included) will be receiving a ban for exploitation soon.

Or maybe for item bombing, I mean, Mantooth has 100,000 crates what else could he be doing with so many items?

Or like Sandersson said, he logs into Strat from his University and a few friends houses, he'll probably get banned for multi accounting now.   I access strat from my phone some times, will I get banned too?

I mean, it's only a matter of time before Smoothrich gets his full admin rights back regardless of all of the shit he's done, he's still listed as an NA admin and his superiors haven't said much regarding his current 'deadmin' status.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 08:31:31 pm »
Are you fucking kidding me Smoothbitch? I'm done being reasonable.

We have had NO WORD from the admins on what to do with this shit. You think we're going to leave it in Mawiti for anyone to take? I can trust nobody but myself, least of all you. Of fucking COURSE we're going to leave with the gear. This bug has almost certainly taken place before, now you're going to berate us for trying to keep this gear out of hands that might use it? After being the only ones (!!!!!!) to report it?

Yeah, fuck off.

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and we gave you 40k more than was in the fief when we took it. You're welcome, bitch.

Dude I'm not mad at you, you can do whatever you want with the gear since no dev has commented yet (despite us making it aware to them).  Just saying the bug will ruin the point of the game and imbalance the economy, and pointing out what happened with us as an example of the bug benefiting people massively if they decide to use it.