Author Topic: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack  (Read 12298 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »
+8
Remember when Fallen locked down its own fief with a "transfer" just before getting attacked?

Well what does this look like to you?

(click to show/hide)

Lets think about this for a second.
It is the "hero party rebellion" so its not the same faction... right?
Ok, so how come only smoothrich is signed against them? how come there is literally no drama in the thread about the rebellion. smoothrich, the mightiest of forum spergs is completely silent about the affair... why? because he is going to give the fief to blackzilla who will then take all the money, gear and population and then fortify the shit out of the fief and either rejoin Hero Party or be "neutral" or some other bullshit. They won't fight, there will be no blood spilled and no hard feelings between blackzilla and smooth because it is all part of the plan to deprive FCC of all the gear and gold in the fief by having one of their own guys attack it.

Remember what the devs did to fallen when they tried something like this?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:30 pm »
Well I'd say they are doing this to transfer the fief ownership to someone who can manage the fief (since Smoothrich ain't ever making it back there).

I don't think they're doing it to delay FCC from attacking.

The end result may be the same, but I'd say their reasoning was different.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »
+1
then why bother having blackzilla create an entire new faction to do it? why the fake rebellion thread that smooth never bothered posting in? Also, doing a fief transfer in the middle of a massive enemy offensive... IS THE SAME THING FALLEN DID. Fallen claimed the fellow in charge of the fief was inactive or absent and thus they needed an active person to be in charge of the fief to manage it... and they decided to you know wait until it was in danger of being captured to make that transfer...

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »
I would like to direct your attention to the Astralis Fief transfer at the start of this Strat that everyone claimed was the same and proved, quite easily that it was not.

Honestly, smooth probably is HAPPY black will take over the fief. Who knows, black might become HP leader instead?

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »
nothing you said actually disputes that this is a preplanned fief transfer in the middle of war between two members of the same faction... which is, once again, the exact thing that fallen did before getting carpet bombed.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:39:45 pm »
nothing you said actually disputes that this is a preplanned fief transfer in the middle of war between two members of the same faction... which is, once again, the exact thing that fallen did before getting carpet bombed.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but merely pointing out a similar precedent that has happened, much the same as you yourself are.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »
1.) Blackzilla may or may not be earnest in his attack. We do not know.

2.) Blackzilla, while being earnest in his attack, may have been used against his knowledge or consent. We do not know.

3.) Blackzilla may be conspiring in the way you believe. We do not know.

Those are some possibilities. Seems too early to draw conclusions. The battle itself hasn't even taken place. If it does take place, and Hero Party doesn't sign anyone up, how do we know that gullible Blackzilla didn't fall for another trick? If he did, is deceiving him against the rules?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:20 am »
if they don't actually fight and blackzilla gets it for free and does not attack any other hero party fiefs... then yeah i would say it is all done in bad faith with the intent to cheat in strat.
claiming "blackzilla is dumb so they are tricking him into doing what they want" doesn't do it for me either. This is premeditated. Smooth raged pretty hard when Tydeus took his troops and left.  And he even described blackzilla as "our vanguard of freedom."
Smooth hasn't said a word in the blackzilla hero party rebellion thread and he has not signed up anyone but himself to defend the city so far. Maybe I will be proven wrong here, maybe smooth will sign up a defense at the last second and they will have a real fight... but i doubt it. Maybe aladin will carpet bomb them afterwards... but i doubt it.

p.s. I tried to link to the thread with smooth being all mad at tydeus, but apparently we cant link to other threads cause it just changes the address to a bundle of sticks. you can find it on page 2 of the diplomacy section (currently) under "Hero Party Refuses To Negotiate With Terrorists"

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:18:24 am »
+2
I just think you guys don't realize how gullible Blackzilla is. He's the kind of guy who, after being tricked out of losing one army, would listen to you when you told him to attack another town (he's a really nice guy- this sort of thing couldn't happen to a NICER guy).

I just don't feel like Blackzilla would be involved in anything he knew was against the rules based on my experiences with him.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:20:34 am »
+5
detective m8y is on the case
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:46 am »
if they don't actually fight and blackzilla gets it for free and does not attack any other hero party fiefs... then yeah i would say it is all done in bad faith with the intent to cheat in strat.
claiming "blackzilla is dumb so they are tricking him into doing what they want" doesn't do it for me either. This is premeditated. Smooth raged pretty hard when Tydeus took his troops and left.  And he even described blackzilla as "our vanguard of freedom."
Smooth hasn't said a word in the blackzilla hero party rebellion thread and he has not signed up anyone but himself to defend the city so far. Maybe I will be proven wrong here, maybe smooth will sign up a defense at the last second and they will have a real fight... but i doubt it. Maybe aladin will carpet bomb them afterwards... but i doubt it.

p.s. I tried to link to the thread with smooth being all mad at tydeus, but apparently we cant link to other threads cause it just changes the address to a bundle of sticks. you can find it on page 2 of the diplomacy section (currently) under "Hero Party Refuses To Negotiate With Terrorists"

So when I am posting I am a terrible troll who is only starting shit and should be banned.  When I am not posting I am a horrible cheater who is starting shit and should be banned.

Hop off the d, man.  Seriously.  You're an obsessed nerd having a breakdown.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 12:25:28 am »
+3
It's the inconsistencies smooth.
you cant be a raging sperg when tydeus runs off with a few troops and then completely not care when blackzilla does the same and then attacks you with them. The bullshit is too obvious.
plus I've never asked for you to be ban. A permanent forum mute wouldn't hurt... but I have no issue with you playing strat and crpg... although resorting to these kinds of tactics is pretty low... I can only imagine how you would explode on the forums if positions were reversed.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:29:47 am »
It's the inconsistencies smooth.
you cant be a raging sperg when tydeus runs off with a few troops and then completely not care when blackzilla does the same and then attacks you with them. The bullshit is too obvious.
plus I've never asked for you to ban. A permanent forum mute wouldn't hurt... but I have no issue with you playing strat and crpg... although resorting to these kinds of tactics is pretty low... I can only imagine how you would explode on the forums if positions were reversed.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:42 am »
You have a low opinion of zilla if you think he can both be convinced to start a rebellion and post about it.. then convinced by those same people that he should attack their city. While he is suppose to be arngy with them enough to rebell
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:34 am »
<23:45:34> "A Little Birdy": did tutoo relay my message to you
<23:47:37> "Keshian": yeah
<23:47:45> "Keshian": canry was tlaking with him too?
<23:47:58> "Keshian": stping us from atatcking it by atatcking it with clanmate is bannable offense
<23:48:08> "A Little Birdy": yeah he was getting canary to check his message or something but they were in the channel
<23:49:02> "A Little Birdy": well since he is not in the same clan and that post he should get around it, although they were joking t would be funny if they got carpet bombed

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:39:55 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo