Author Topic: Choices for a level 33 shielder.  (Read 3673 times)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: Choices for a level 33 shielder.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 06:33:47 am »
you should listen to eyebeat, 24/15 is the way to go - the armor really does make you ALOT faster if you don't wear any. You will be able to catch most archers with really light armor. You just have to be quick on the rightmousebutton.

Well I use Heraldic Mail with Tabard, and don't really have any speed problems except on super agi builds, which is why I think 21/18 would be even better, then I can catch most everyone and be an archer hunter, not to mention the added bonus of being able to use an xbow!
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:57 pm »
24/15 is a good heavy infantry build. Get into the fray, defend teamates, and make that one decisive blow when there is an opening. But it can get boring.

Personally I'm going for 18/24 infantry at level 32. I won't have any ironflesh or WM til higher levels, but with only 1h wpf I don't need to level it that badly, and  8 shield skill more than makes up for some missing hit points.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 09:53:52 am »
21str is enough for most infantry builds. You must remember that your biggest damage variation will come from held attacks and speed bonus from movement.

So 18agi is minimum, 21 preferable. This will give you good footwork and a chance to move into your swings thus hitting much harder. Its also the most valuable survival stat, since running from a gank will save your life.

I echo gurnison in that 21/18 is the best for lvl30, and rhaegar about 21/21 for higher level.

Im 21/21 right now in a 1h/noshield spec, really fast and agile yet the swings connect and the stab is nasty(side sword atm)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 11:50:29 am »
Truth be told, both agility and strength are equally important stats for a shielder. The shielder requires agi because low shield skill does a minor difference and athletics is needed to compensate the speed loss from shields. The shielder also requires strength to hit hard when there is an opening. Shielder is all about mastering the art of switching between the defensive and offensive stances. As a shielder spots an opening in the enemy, he/she has only one hit chance; so strength is required to hit hard to make that hit count and agility is required to create more of these openings. Thus, 21/18 I think is the best choice.

There are other factors/tactics too of course, but this is the specialty of a shielder. So it has to master the opening tactic mostly to fulfill it's role best.

The build can be dependant on the weapon you're using of course. For example the thrust oriented swords or blunt/pierce weapons require a differently optimized builds I think. Though I think long and cutting swords are overall better for a shielder. That is my preference of course.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:54:40 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 01:43:46 pm »
consider 18/18 for a well balanced and versatile build.

Can take full IF or WM that way for more survivability or good secondary (polearm/xbow) wpf.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:05 pm »
If you focus on Agi/speed : take a short and powerfull weapon (axe, hammer etc.)
If you focus on PS : take a long and fast sword (elite scimitar, Italian sword etc.)

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 07:14:24 am »
I'm not sure why people love 21/18 so much. My choice would be 18/21; the extra athletics helps you a lot more compared to extra PS in my opinion.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:38 am »
I'm not sure why people love 21/18 so much. My choice would be 18/21; the extra athletics helps you a lot more compared to extra PS in my opinion.

You also get more hitpoints. :) I really like both builds.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 11:49:55 am »
+1
24/18
4if
8ps
6ath
5shi
3wm

Winwinwinwinwin
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:10 pm »

Because it's not possible? He asked what way to go at high level, being 21/15 already, which implies either 24/15 and 21/18, not 18/21.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »
21str is enough for most infantry builds. You must remember that your biggest damage variation will come from held attacks and speed bonus from movement.

So 18agi is minimum, 21 preferable. This will give you good footwork and a chance to move into your swings thus hitting much harder. Its also the most valuable survival stat, since running from a gank will save your life.

I echo gurnison in that 21/18 is the best for lvl30, and rhaegar about 21/21 for higher level.

Im 21/21 right now in a 1h/noshield spec, really fast and agile yet the swings connect and the stab is nasty(side sword atm)
I chose 21/21 at level 33 improving other skills to level 34