Author Topic: 0.221 - hotfix  (Read 40747 times)

Offline Palian555

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hobo!
  • Game nicks: Palian_the_Tincan_Hobo
  • IRC nick: Palian
Re: 0.221 - hotfix
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »
Nice and fast work chadz, will download it now, hope that the Archers havent nerfed so hard

One other question the site is now compatible with Firefox 4.0 or i still have to use my IE ?
Mount and Blade Warband for MAC!

Offline Soap

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »
The site doesn't work for me with firefox 4. But it works with IE8 :(

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »
doesn't work for me with chrome 11, works in ie only for me.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2011, 04:49:13 pm »
@Gisbert_of_Thuringia:
About the 1H weapon you are right. I was thinking about the 200 other posts that were complaining about archers unable to use polearms, 2H swords and 1H without shield. My error regarding your specific quote, but relevant to all the other whines regarding archer equipment.
I never advocated making archers running out of ammo. In the current setup I think that all bows should take 2 slots and quiver size (# arrows, not slots) doubled. Perhaps make only the lowest tier bow use 1 slot. For throwers the situation is different as it is easier for them to recover ammo from the ground. As a melee player I WANT archers to have some melee ability so they should be able to dedicate 1 slot for that.

As for the missile speed, I think you are wrong. I read in another post that reviewed changes to equipment stats hat missile speed for both long and war bows increased by about 10%. The speed damage power is setup to 1.9, so a 10% increase in missile speed translates to 20% increase in damage at short range. If this is applied before the PD bonus then it becomes even more significant, but I do not know about that.

I read books. Archery in pitched battles and the longbow in particular has grown to a myth. The longbow is almost as bad as the katana in that respect - people imagine thousands of samurai charging each other and waving their katana like they imagine british longbowmen nailing french knights through the visor. There is a good reason why very few armies used it and it is that for every use except for getting the longest distance, it has no advantage over smaller bows and many disadvantages. Technologically, it was backward already in its contemporary time. It is also just about the worst bow you can bring to a M&B like skirmish environment.

My main point was that archers were also a melee force not to be taken lightly. They were major factors in wining MELEE battles, where their role as archers was in practice limited to just "softening" of the enemy ranks. In cRPG an archer is not helpless even if only equipped with a 1H weapon. Yes it will have a difficulty against a tincan, but most people are not in plate and the archer should be alone to be caught in a duel with a tincan.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
I agree with your opinion about arrows and bows. Why are their 2 bows that need 2 slots whereas the strongbow which is almost as good as the other 2 only needs 1 slot? :/

Don't know who wrote this with the missile speed. The missile speed which is written down below the bows didn't change. I remember the numbers. Maybe they changed how powerdraw affects missile speed? Do you know something about that?

Yes that's true with the myth. It's always the same, the almighty longbow shooting plated knights over 400 meters o.O  Of course^^
But they played a significant role, also as archers. Shooting horses, slowing down and distracting the enemy, and killing light armored people. But yes, they did not shoot through visors over a couple of 100 meters :rolleyes:

Actually it is not so bad for M&B skirmish battles. Over long distance you can shoot very good with it, because you can aim twice as long as with a warbow. And it's the best bow referring to how it looks like :D

Offline SpaceCore

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America
  • Game nicks: SpaceCore
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:01 pm »
I think that link is broken, all the files are from 1/6/11 and break the mod.
SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2011, 12:10:19 am »
yeah, u have to use the mirror below the upper link from mylet:
http://miria.no-ip.org/cRPG/cRPG_update.zip

i just copied it over the broken version and then it worked fine again.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2011, 12:38:40 am »
Would appreciate more than like 2 weapons capable of blocking being 0 slot and only 1 2her thats 1 slot and 2 polearms that are 1 slot.  Just for diversity's sake even as it really is going to get boring seeing every xbowman/archer using the same exact weapons with so few options.  And lthe longbow/warbow are carried on the abck because of their size=2 slots, khergit/strong bow carried on the hip because small= 1 slot, in-game if you have a longsword (no ammo) also you carry it on the opposite hip, it makes complete sense that bastard/long variety of 2hers be 1 slot items as they are significantly smaller than greatsword variety (and alck the great width of the axes) yet both take up 2 slots currently.  I don't know about polearms though as they all tend to be much longer than almost every 2her, but definitely think 5-6 other 2hers are 1 slot size.

Shoot speed doesn't increase damage, as a programmer has explained, at point blank range shoot speed isnt a factor full damage is done (-armor soak/reduction factors), shoot speed comes into play as a factor in how much less than full damage a bow does as it travels over farther and farther distances. 

An injured man is as good a casualty as a death in medieval times and arrows did a lot of damage even if they didn't always kill as certainly as an axe to the head, so it wasn't just archers fighting with their daggers that won these battles but very powerful bows that did more than normal bow damage.  And yes, most of the casualties were done within 100-200 meters instead of 400, but they were capable of shooting 400 meters.  In game that equates to the miniscule damage long range non-headshots do.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SpaceCore

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America
  • Game nicks: SpaceCore
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2011, 01:11:24 am »
yeah, u have to use the mirror below the upper link from mylet:
http://miria.no-ip.org/cRPG/cRPG_update.zip

i just copied it over the broken version and then it worked fine again.
Alright, thanks!
SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Offline Waylit

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: chinaserf1
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2011, 03:01:14 am »
Agreed that the Long/Bastard Sword needs to be 1 slot.  That's the entire point of a 2h-capable sword that you wear on your hip.

Offline StuLLe

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: StuLLe
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2011, 04:46:13 am »
Again to the Cav problem. Some stated that Cav got nerfed by the patch, and it did, regarding to some aspects. But in whole, they got a much bigger indirect buff for two reasons.
1. Throwers were almost wiped from the game. Since the patch, the only throwing weapon i have seen, are darts. I havent seen one lance and only a very few jarrids or axes, not that I dont like it, I am an archer and hate them, but they played a huge role in bringing down cav pre-patch.
2. No more pocketpikes or spears. Pre-patch, everybody had the space for a little pike somewhere in his backpocket, now only really dedicated poles can bring one, and, since it is not sheatable, the pike is mostly lost after the first time they have to go into melee, while before everybody had an anticav joker till the end of the round.
Its just obvious that cav got a huge indirect buff, which somehow has to be balanced. Go to any EU server and you will see almost all cav ( at least the talented ones) making double of the kills they did prepatch. First time I saw somebody making 60 kills on one map. Cav is ruling now.
Another ´question, somebody of my clan mentioned today is, if the speed nerf of the heavy lance is really a nerf. Isnt it just a timing question everybody will get used to after some time? I mean its not like in melee, that your opponent may have a faster weapon and therefore you have a disadvantage. I mean, most of the time you are riding around, finding some archer and then place your hit. Ok,now you have to release a bit earlier, so what.
Sure it is a diadvantage, but is it that big?
Another thing is, when the lance stab is slower, doesnt the time, in what it atually can hit something, increase? Im not sure about this point, but I found it an interesting question.

Apart of that, the patch is great. Just give throwers a little chance again, make some crappy pole and 2H weapons 1 slot, and everything will be fine:D

Peace, StuLLe
If you can't kill the wolf, don't pull its tail...

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2011, 05:10:38 am »

Another thing is, when the lance stab is slower, doesnt the time, in what it atually can hit something, increase? Im not sure about this point, but I found it an interesting question.

I believe that is true, i.e slower lance is more of a buff than a nerf imo

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:11 am »
bring that siege back! :O

it was great to be an defender and jump over lowered walls in the beginning of the round just to slash around 5 attackers before dying myself. And its been still balanced, once def won, once attackers won.

btw i have that problem with gamecrashing, too. it mainly is when it should load a new siege-map... but often happens on battle, too. it happened WHILE battle, too. I already tried: verify my game-cache, defragment my game-cache... and I play on DirectX7 with Win7 (x32).
One of the wolves has the same problem, he even reinstalled the mod, using the fullversion and he also updated some (directX?)-dll-files and verifying the game-cache. He is playing on WinXP (as far as i understood).

So I guess this has to be a mod-error... if I am wrong just tell me what to do. :(
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2011, 03:33:41 pm »
Ya it seems like its now less stable than prepatch. I had no prob at all but now i sometimes freeze and crash or get sudden lag spikes with a ping of 50 so i dont think it comes from my internet :S

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2011, 03:37:00 pm »
Ya it seems like its now less stable than prepatch. I had no prob at all but now i sometimes freeze and crash or get sudden lag spikes with a ping of 50 so i dont think it comes from my internet :S

same here. that lag-spikes happen to one of my buddies, too... and he got a ping of 20-30, if not lower.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.