Author Topic: [SOLVED] Best choice of armor for me?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peasents United
  • Game nicks: Uncle_Marty
  • IRC nick: Uncle_Marty
[SOLVED] Best choice of armor for me?
« on: January 20, 2013, 10:53:03 am »
OK,so I have a 20k-30k budget only armor could you guys help a beginner on what armor to get that doesn't  make me a look like a noob THX
Sincerely Uncle Marty
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:37:21 pm by Jatasgo »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Best choice of armor for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 11:01:27 am »
What is your build? Are you shielder, ranged, or 2h / polearms?

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:04:23 am »
Well I am a 1 hander no shield (yet) with a bow and my build is
Strength:17
Agility:11
Weapon points:0
One Handed:85
Two Handed:1
Polearm:1
Throwing:1
Crossbow:72
Archery:63
Skill points:0
Weapon Master:3
Athletics:3
Riding:1
Iron Flesh:3
Shield:3
Horse Archery:1
Power Strike:5
Power Draw:5
Power Throw:0
Lvl:23

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 11:06:31 am »
+6
Hey marty, I've seen you playing around the servers the past few days. Add me on steam at sand_man_pb and I'll answer damn near any questions you have. I've been playing for a good long while, and I really dig teaching people how to play. If you're looking for a clan, mine likes to train fighters from the ground up just as much as getting someone that can already kick ass.

In regard to your actual question, Mail Shirt and around that range is going to be the best for you. If you're infantry, I recommend Archon's Armor. It's got considerably more body armor than leg, and that's what you're concerned about as infantry. Rus Cavalry boots will be your best friend as well, they're cheap, pretty good, and look fly. Helmets you want something around 35 or less head armor if your objective is to make money (and it should be as a new player), I really think the nasal helmet and norman helmets look good. As far as gloves, mail mittens are probably your best bet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:16:45 am »
+2
Marty, I don't want to rain on your parade but your build is of more concern to me than what you have on. it's all over the place man. I know you're new so don't worry but you need to decide if you are archer or shielder. also, go talk to Sandy, even if you don't join his clan have him help you respec. good luck dude.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:20:03 am »
Kuyak is the way to go

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 11:27:42 am »
+1
Instead of Archons armor how about heraldic mail with taberd?
Currently I have the black armor set but it looks queer and the upkeep is EXPENSIVE
and the sword I have is the lond Espada Enslova gaven to me by no_rules_just_play

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 11:28:59 am »
hey uncle marty,

First of all, i think we are going to take another look at that build, because you spread your points out way too much. I think you should first choose what class you want to play. Do you want to go shielder or do you want to go archer? because its never good to divide your points like you do over multiple weapon classes, you will never be good with any of them and you will get frustrated for not being able to kill.

Whatever armor you choose after people have suggested you different things, you dont have to buy it yourself. Just send me a pm or something and ill get it from the armoury.
I will suggest armor that is both good and cheap enough to make money (a little) while you have x1 multi. On higher multi, you can always use better armor if you want (or you can keep using the medium armor to make more money).

Ill start with the helmet, because that is the easiest: choose your helmet however you like. Its most of the time the most original part about your equipment, so choose a nice helmet that fits your armor and from wich that you like the view. Ofcourse, when you choose a more expensive helmet you will make less money or even lose a bit money when you are on x1.

For the body armor: thjs depends if you like our banner or not. If you do, the heraldic mail is always nice. (any body armor with heraldic in its name has your banner on it). It also depends what style you want to go (eastern, european, greek, druzina...) again: pick armor not because of the 'perfect' stats, but because you like the looks of it. I can tell you that i still make money with my cuir bouilli, you might have to go a little lower if you go shielder (i found shields costing a little more than my pikes). the kuyaks also look nice, but the problem is that everyone uses it, there is a certain hate level coming from the community towards kuyak users.

cuir bouilli
(click to show/hide)

heraldic mail with tabard
(click to show/hide)

for foot and hand armor, pick some nice gloves from wich you like the looks. If you play with your armor and still find that you lose money, feel free to tell me and we will see if we can give you some cheaper armor sometwhere.

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
hey uncle marty,

First of all, i think we are going to take another look at that build, because you spread your points out way too much. I think you should first choose what class you want to play. Do you want to go shielder or do you want to go archer? because its never good to divide your points like you do over multiple weapon classes, you will never be good with any of them and you will get frustrated for not being able to kill.

Whatever armor you choose after people have suggested you different things, you dont have to buy it yourself. Just send me a pm or something and ill get it from the armoury.
I will suggest armor that is both good and cheap enough to make money (a little) while you have x1 multi. On higher multi, you can always use better armor if you want (or you can keep using the medium armor to make more money).

Ill start with the helmet, because that is the easiest: choose your helmet however you like. Its most of the time the most original part about your equipment, so choose a nice helmet that fits your armor and from wich that you like the view. Ofcourse, when you choose a more expensive helmet you will make less money or even lose a bit money when you are on x1.

For the body armor: thjs depends if you like our banner or not. If you do, the heraldic mail is always nice. (any body armor with heraldic in its name has your banner on it). It also depends what style you want to go (eastern, european, greek, druzina...) again: pick armor not because of the 'perfect' stats, but because you like the looks of it. I can tell you that i still make money with my cuir bouilli, you might have to go a little lower if you go shielder (i found shields costing a little more than my pikes). the kuyaks also look nice, but the problem is that everyone uses it, there is a certain hate level coming from the community towards kuyak users.

cuir bouilli
(click to show/hide)

heraldic mail with tabard
(click to show/hide)

for foot and hand armor, pick some nice gloves from wich you like the looks. If you play with your armor and still find that you lose money, feel free to tell me and we will see if we can give you some cheaper armor sometwhere.

I like the heraldic with taberd but, how do I fix my points I want to be a shielder and do I just sale the armor I have now?

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:27 am »
what is your steam name? i cant find you in the trainees list

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:35:40 am »
My steam name is Landon and it has a dragon on yellow banner Icon

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:50 am »
You failed him HRE guy, good job.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:16 pm »
he is new since yesterday :)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:54 pm »
+1
Yeah, I hooked him up in a PM. I reckon he'll be on his way to success with that information, and I ain't going anywhere in the meantime. I would like to note that I was playing with him at ungodly late/early hours last night with him, and I watched him gat a motherfucker in the face at level 5 with a hunting crossbow after glancing off the bastard with about 10 arrows from his bow he was also using. Made my night.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:17:19 pm »
+3
If you are a noob, you MUST looks like a noob ;)

There is no shame to be a noob.

Try something realistic/historical , it's appreciated by other players. Avoid weird mix.