Author Topic: Talazar Unban Request  (Read 3710 times)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: Talazar Unban Request
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »
So I read through this, and I know I wasn't there, but I can't help but feel the need to voice my words, and I'll just hope it contributes in some way or another.

Firstly, all biases aside, auto-run is pretty common and I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules, I often put it on at the beginning of a round in the direction I need to go so I can do other things for a few seconds. (phone, eat, etc.) Then take it off once I reach the action. Secondly, he IS bringing a weapon, AND he attacked, AND blocked as you've all made clear. No matter how terribly he plays, or how shitty he does, this already nulls it from being leeching. (I mean we can't start banning people for being bad and rushing to their deaths, we'd ban every new player in this mod) It's just a playstyle, maybe one detrimental to your team, but who's to say what playstyles are legal and illegal? I don't recall there being a rule that says you must always play to the absolute best of your ability and never rush in recklessly. But hey, maybe I missed that one. Some people like to charge head in, and often pay the price with death, they just aren't very good. That's just fine. Some people like to sit back and wait the round out and come out once it's near over, that's fine too. See that just as often. And keep in mind, he's playing with 150 ping, using a shit weapon (a weapon nonetheless though!) and if I recall correctly from the few times I've fought him in melee, he's not the greatest in ground combat, although I could be thinking of someone else. Basically, no matter how irritating it was, what he was doing, is NOT considered leeching if you are going specifically by the rules and definitions, which we should be if we're considering a ban. I don't even really know the guy, but the fact that he was banned 2 days for that playstyle is slightly repulsive. Especially because that's generally the playstyle of every new player to C-RPG.

TLDR; He may have been annoying and useless, but he wasn't breaking rules. Why ban?

EDIT: Dat grammar
EDIT: Yes I know his ban is already up, just don't think this should happen in the future....bans without breaking any rules. Whut
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:10:37 pm by TheAppleSauceMan »
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:47 pm »
real talk if you care about people autorunning you're awful, leeching bans are awful, who gives a shit if someone isn't tryharding nonstop
FREE ALLERS

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »
what is the definition of leeching? ok he wasnt alt-tabbing while running in the enemy. He just sprinted forward, far away from his team and ran inside the biggest group of enemies that crossed his path. he did a swing in thin air, blocked once and than opened the block to die.
He was abusing our fighting to get free multi while he could do something else. no doubt.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:08 am »
what is the definition of leeching? ok he wasnt alt-tabbing while running in the enemy. He just sprinted forward, far away from his team and ran inside the biggest group of enemies that crossed his path. he did a swing in thin air, blocked once and than opened the block to die.
He was abusing our fighting to get free multi while he could do something else. no doubt.

I'm not debating that he was useless to you, and probably a hindrance to the team, but unfortunately that isn't reason for a ban. Like I said before, if it was, every new player would be banned right away. And even some veterans. Well that right there is proof, he played bad, but he wasn't leeching. There's no rule saying you have to stay near your team, or fight well, or even try your hardest not to die. If you feel like being reckless, you can. And he was, his choice really. Well, if you had a multi just be happy he wasn't such a weight on your shoulders that you couldn't get a multi because of him!  :mrgreen:

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 01:39:23 am »
he wasnt just useles, he was INTENTIONALLY useless.
i think that might count as a good definition of leeching, isnt it?

he wasn't leeching. There's no rule saying...

"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

its not because you swing once in the general direction of the enemy that you are not leeching.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 12:59:21 pm »
he wasnt just useles, he was INTENTIONALLY useless.
i think that might count as a good definition of leeching, isnt it?

its not because you swing once in the general direction of the enemy that you are not leeching.

Unfortunately you're not in a position to really define that as only he could know such a thing, who's to say he wasn't just being aggressive and reckless? I play that way sometimes. Often actually.
No it's because he is engaging in melee and bringing a weapon that he's not leeching.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:51 pm »
The Ban has long been expired can we stop posting here :)

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars