Author Topic: What needs to be changed with version 0.220  (Read 56430 times)

Offline kastellan

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CotgS - Children of the green Sun
  • Game nicks: CotgS_Kastellan
Re: What needs to be changed with version 0.220
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2011, 07:00:34 pm »
Well, considering i don't really know what 0.220/221 did, you'll have to wait a few days before i can make any suggestions. In the meantime, an old idea which i like comes to mind: remove ladders from battle. No more unreachable shit. Easy solution, everyone's happy.

Yay for this

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:24 pm »
cav thrusts...in warband beta they nerfed the thrusts, not nearly as much as this one...and they reverted back to normal after about a week...lets hope its the same here.  Or was it intended that cav should only be able to attack in straight lines... :?

Why should lances do more damage, longer range, competitive speed AND a better attack angle than 1h or 2h weapons?

Surely the attack angle should be the advantage of the sword or equivalent weapon.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »
Infinite throwing lance glitch is possible that needs to be fixed
all strange armors are invisible, light, heavy, I dunno about the pink stuff I don't own it but probably is invisible too.
long pike is invisible

So far my only problems with the patch, thank you for the hard work you guys put into this I know it's not easy & of course there was going to be some issues.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:12:16 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2011, 07:09:25 pm »
Plazek, the cav thrust already got reverted - for good. As mentioned before we already had that in Native beta and turned lancing into simple high speed backstabbing. Imo not being able to turn abit with the lance takes alot personal skill out of lancing. 1h for cav has its own advantages, being able to sheat: shorter cooldown, better on-foot performance once unmounted etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:11:04 pm by Paul »

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »
I know but I am dissapoint.

They are OP. Like I said I just wanted to say my piece. Be glad I am not one of these raging whiners :P

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:52 pm »
Please reset heirloom points so we can give them back which items we want. PLEASE
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:26 pm »
I really like how ambitious this new patch is, truly, but like most ambitious patches, it has bugs.

here is what i feel is wrong with it, as well as my clan...

-You cant see new items ingame or on the website. why would i buy something i cant even preview?

-Stab animations are robotic looking, and slow. a bit of a speed up, and a more fluid animation would be better

-CTF reward system is bugged, it takes alot more gold than it gives... i wish i even knew where the hell it went

-Lancing has been changed by not allowing aiming... this is horrible, especially since lancing already is hard as it is...
 please either give us aim, buff horses, or buff lances to offset this gamebreaking disparity.

Other than that, this seems like a good release.

-i really like the new face textures
-im glad there are more helmets now
-the weapons seem better balanced now

Some things that i would like, however...

-horse health bump of 20+ per horse, or price reduction of 20 percent... as it is now, horses are gimp.
-small xp/gold bonus for kills, preferably based on damage dealt
-moderate xp/gold penalty for teamkills, preferably based on damage dealt.
-heraldic tunic, heraldic gamberson, heraldic leather, and if possible, a plate armor with a heraldic tabard over it.
-more swords more accustomed to stabbing rather than slashing, as an offset.
-more speed on shortswords by +2 since they seem slow.
-change throwing knives/flakes/non-javelin type weapons to pierce weapons, since as they are they are completely useless

anyhow, keep up the good work chadz, and thanks for this awesome game; i have invested over 500 hours of gametime on this one game! every time i play a game its this mod.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:14:47 pm by Soldier_of_God »

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:10 pm »
Why should lances do more damage, longer range, competitive speed AND a better attack angle than 1h or 2h weapons?

Surely the attack angle should be the advantage of the sword or equivalent weapon.

I dont want to beat a dead horse if it's already changed. but to answer your question...because it's only usable from horseback? all those advantages fly out the window when you A: get a pike, (sure fire anti-cav) or B: Shoot the horse, only takes a couple shots or 1 good one if the cav is coming head-on to you, where the speed bonus is working against the cav.

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2011, 07:19:58 pm »
BTW to those wondering why cavalry was nerfed:

Because pikes and throwing take up more slots people wont carry them as much.  This gives a buff to horsemen according to cmp.   The nerf to horsays was to counter balance the buff they were getting with this update.

Horses HAD to be nerfed to some extent with this update to maintain balance.  Were they nerfed too much?
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »
A lance works fine on foot as a spear/pike type weapon.

I am a sword and horseman by the way and as an aside I am aware of pikes.

BTW to those wondering why cavalry was nerfed:

Because pikes and throwing take up more slots people wont carry them as much.  This gives a buff to horsemen according to cmp.   The nerf to horsays was to counter balance the buff they were getting with this update.

Horses HAD to be nerfed to some extent with this update to maintain balance.  Were they nerfed too much?

How are they nerfed?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:28:44 pm by 22nd_King_Plazek »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2011, 07:26:56 pm »
My thoughts:
  • I'm more than a little annoyed at losing my Masterwork Longsword due to two slots of my Fine Longbow.
  • Archery accuracy did NOT need to be increased it was fine, you built for accuracy or you built for damage.
  • Stabing is now "wtf" worthy, I can't even see if someone is going to stab me, polearms are the worst, especially if you have high wpf because you practically teleport the weapon into the enemy.
  • Damage increase on bows good although with the accuracy increase you're trying to force everyone to choose between: strongbow + 2hander, longbow with pierce or warbow with accuracy. Not a good thing, there was variety for a reason don't pin people into holes!
  • Invisible people, although mostly fixed made me yelp at half 5 in the morning waking my neighbours up, nice one.

My suggestions + Agreeing with others
  • Give heirlooms back so they can be given out again if you're going through with the silly slot idea that just made more weapons useless.
  • Change faces back to normal, I just look like i'm running around crying now + they're oddly long melty faces.
  • Revert back to the original stabbing animations, at least they WERE animations.
  • Reduce the accuracy of bows back to normal, and it does seem that most arrows have a longer "shoot speed" so they travel flatter for longer, took me a while to get used to aiming at their heads to hit the heads instead of aiming at the head to hit the body. I don't know if this is a good thing as of yet. But 100 accuracy on the warbow? Nuh-uh!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Aseplhood

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Asepl, AseplHood
  • IRC nick: Asepl
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2011, 07:29:25 pm »
I think we should be able to re-spend our points, as slots made archers unable to use polearms...
And i spent all my points to bow+polearm. Now i am using bow+hammer o.0
The Grand and Great, Asepl's Tavern of Gooodieeeees!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2011, 07:31:23 pm »
A lance works fine on foot as a spear/pike type weapon.

I am a sword and horseman by the way and as an aside I am aware of pikes.

I kind of agree, this should balance lancers against other cav by removing lollance.  Plus far less pikes/long spears since auto-dropped and multi-slots needed.  If you are not skilled enough to lance without lolstab then just try using a 2her or a long hafted blade instead.  2 slot thing was brilliant for balancing ranged hybridizing with good 2hers/polearms or huscarls.

Overall changes were good, lot of complaints because minor bug fixes needed and every class was nerfed so everyone got affected this time around.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2011, 07:32:26 pm »
I personally don't think the damage from steel bolts is great enough to warrant a loss of 3 per stack. I mean, given that a masterwork sniper bow in most cases 2- shots any person with decent armor, is heavily affected by rain(something that happens fairly often) and is also 2 slots, I think doing well with the higher end bows is hard enough as it is. I'm all for having to pick your shots, but there is a difference between not being able to blot out the sun and not being able to fight effectively with your main weapon of choice.

Also, the Polearm stab animation is a bit too quick atm, even at 1 wpf.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:36:13 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2011, 07:34:15 pm »
Yea overall I am pretty happy with the patch.

But hearing of the lance nerf and de-nerf was like learning about Christmas then discovering I was Jewish :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:36:09 pm by 22nd_King_Plazek »