Author Topic: How was I supposed to know?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
How was I supposed to know?
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:21:11 am »
A few minutes ago I was playing on NA Community Battle, and I threw a smoke bomb, and I was amazed to see that it had spawned a building. So, I was looking at it, and noodles on admin chat asks who threw the smoke bomb. I told him that I had thrown it, and I was immediatly banned! How was I supposed to know that smoke bombs spawn buildings on community? I could understand if he gave me a warning and told me not to do it again, but he just strait up banned me. I appologize for my ignorance, but not knowing the iregularities of Community smoke bombs is no reason to be banned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emotion

• Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
Re: How was I supposed to know?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:49:17 am »
I warned everyone multiple times. As soon as the next map started, someone on the opposite team threw it. So I assumed someone did it even though I just warned everyone. I asked who, and I temp banned.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:47:52 am »
I warned everyone multiple times. As soon as the next map started, someone on the opposite team threw it. So I assumed someone did it even though I just warned everyone. I asked who, and I temp banned.
I had just joined as the map was starting. I did not heaer any warning, nor did I ever know that they did that.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:43:37 pm »
The first thing I do when I join a server is throw a random smoke bomb too. Let me guess, you aren't even a ninja are you?   :rolleyes:

Regardless of your story and how true or not it is, this is pretty much a case of wrong place - wrong time - doing the wrong things.
It was only a temporary ban. We apologize if you are innocent, but there really is no way for us to determine that.
Although we like to be as fair and just as possible, we don't have all of the resources for trial by juries or extensive investigations.

Please understand that other players were abusing said mechanic, the admin warned them multiple times to stop, and you suddenly appeared to abuse the same mechanic moments after. Regardless of how innocent you are, I hope you can understand how that makes you look and why you were issued a temporary ban for it.

Offline Emotion

• pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:47 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Pretty much nailed it perfectly. Thank you.
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »
Question? You guys running the Beta client? I think if the beta client isn't running, you wouldn't have some of those issues on your server.

Offline Emotion

• pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »
Yea it's all messed up, I'm waiting to contact Airith. He owns and runs the server. I just moderate it.

Anyways locking this old thread.