Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 06:22:22 pm »
AC is way too easy I agree. Especially the climbing and stuff. Just running into a wall shouldn't magically make me climb it. I assume that's what the devs wanted in the first place, giving the player a sense of freedom just running through a city like it's a football field.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »
Fixed. Its getting better with each release yes, but id say the progress is slow as ass. Those 3 games that told Ezios story were basically the same shit with minimal improvements but different locations and story. I think I would have been pissed if I acctually bought all of them.

PS: There is also AC for the handheld consoles that speak bit of Altairs story, if anyone is interested.

Forgot about this. Whilst this is true Ezio was very likeable so I don't mind and I personally loved all the areas it visited so I hardly noticed the repetitiveness. And to be honest, after the first AC none of the others feel remotely repetitive in comparison.

AC is way too easy I agree. Especially the climbing and stuff. Just running into a wall shouldn't magically make me climb it. I assume that's what the devs wanted in the first place, giving the player a sense of freedom just running through a city like it's a football field.

Once you unlock counters as well you can stomp everything no problem. Even the higher tier soldiers only require slightly more effort.

Anyway I've got AC3 on order but it isn't out yet on PC. Waiting patiently for the release date.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »
Ok got this through the post today. Started installing over 2 hours ago. Still going. Took a while to install from disc (17gb), then find out there's an update to dl and for obvious reason the servers must be crammed and the dl is slow and even though it was only 100mb it took over an hour to dl. Then find out there's lots of updating to do with uplay. Same problem dling is slow because of slow servers. Uplay dls one update, 30 mins, installs and then decides to do another update, another 30 mins. Now waiting to see if I finally get to play after this update. Over 2 hours of updating and not even in the game yet. It'll be closer to 3 hours by the time I make it in.

Very close to shelving it.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »
Ok got this through the post today. Started installing over 2 hours ago. Still going. Took a while to install from disc (17gb), then find out there's an update to dl and for obvious reason the servers must be crammed and the dl is slow and even though it was only 100mb it took over an hour to dl. Then find out there's lots of updating to do with uplay. Same problem dling is slow because of slow servers. Uplay dls one update, 30 mins, installs and then decides to do another update, another 30 mins. Now waiting to see if I finally get to play after this update. Over 2 hours of updating and not even in the game yet. It'll be closer to 3 hours by the time I make it in.

Very close to shelving it.
From Ubisoft with love  :mrgreen:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »
I'm on Sequence 5 and the best/most exciting thing about the game so far was getting to fly around as an eagle for like 2 minutes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 12:08:16 am »
+2
It's more of the same, now with 200% more cutscenes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 12:22:59 am »
Pretty much. But tbh it's easy gaming and I enjoy more of the same. It's the history I come for, not so much the gameplay. I thought the opening mission in the Royal Opera house was fantastic. I was there a couple years so it was a nice touch especially the atmosphere. The story, as far as I can tell, is progressing better, though I'm a little peeved I know I won't get to play as Kenway much longer. He is pretty cool and from what I have read Connor is pretty bland. As you can tell I'm only an hour or so into the game.

I genuinely hope they won't stick to this region for to many more titles though. The older historical cities were a lot more interesting. Although the terrain is nice, it's no where near as exciting as jumping around famous buildings of Rome, Jerusalem, Istanbul ect.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:26:35 am by Overdriven »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 12:57:02 am »
http://youtu.be/nmYh_miWTd4?t=13m32s This is basically exactly what i think of it. Unique gameplay>Fancy cutscenes.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login