Author Topic: EU_1 is dying  (Read 23066 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: EU_1 is dying
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2012, 12:46:06 am »
+2
Double exp events would bring people together if it would be on special hours such as friday and saturday evenings, which would result in massive battles which i think most people enjoy as much as i do (A lot!). Then people wouldnt only get a good grind but also the servers would be used to their potential, maybe we could see 100v100 battles again!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2012, 12:52:25 am »
+2
Ppl make one char play for one gen and make 21/15 build and then they think 1h are awsome because they live longer then when they were other class.
But when you start your 2nd or 3rd gen you see how 1h is actually hard and sometimes shit.
shielder vs 2-3 archers = dead,shielder vs polearmer with axe = dead, shielder vs 27 agi katana user = moust of the time dead unless katana guy is noob,shielder vs great axe insta dead (that axe hit before you see it),shielder vs danish gs in plate  = spammed...
Only good thing about shield is to support you teammates and steal their kills while being able to block multiple attacks and ranged projectiles.
if you make 21/15 build 18/21 shielder will kill you,if you make 18/21 you are too weak to kill tincan. Every build you take is shit and doesn't guarantee you victory vs other classes. Make 18/21 2h/polearm build and dominate vs every class out there.
and what that even change??
you are whining like hell in thread named EU_1 is dying
congrats

shielder is eassymode
nah I am just trolling you
or may be not?
shielder is easymode like all other classes when you are good at that

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:24 am »
if you make 21/15 build 18/21 shielder will kill you,if you make 18/21 you are too weak to kill tincan. Every build you take is shit and doesn't guarantee you victory vs other classes. Make 18/21 2h/polearm build and dominate vs every class out there.

Even archers/xbowmen? :o Nope, no build dominates every class. Every class has pros and cons, my build counters a lot though ^^ Agi hoplite = fast and shield vs ranged, shield + long poke vs infantry in big battles, long poke vs cav, and warspear is works fairly well in 1v1, but because of agi build it is very weak hitting and any decent 2h will most likely win a fair fight. However with a 0 slot shield you can fit a duelist weapon in there, woo works against all classes!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:41:11 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 10:34:32 am »
Mybe slightly.....

But yes, lots of new games. Havent been in Crpg for a while now cause of the new "Hitman". :rolleyes:

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 10:39:28 am »
+1
There is a big Autumn steam sale right now and people have gone try new games, which is normal.
Eu1 was in this state for the last 2 maybe 3 months?
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Shpritza

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 42
    • View Profile
    • STEAM
  • Game nicks: Shpritza
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2012, 10:41:26 am »
too much ranged and cav. imo thats why its dying...

**hides under the table before his head comes off**
trust no one, question everything

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2012, 10:48:06 am »
Just fix  the fucking disconection problem that kill eu1, and mod is rolling again
You sir are damn right :!:

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:42 am »
+6
I have played crpg for 1.5 year now. I have spent 99% of that time on EU2.

Why?

Well i dont care much for waiting several minutes to respawn.
I dont like being oneshot by lance cav, or bumpslashed by cav, or kited and shot to pieces by HA, HX.
I dont like being shot to shit by big groups of ranged and no cover to speak of that i can hide behind.
I dont enjoy the kind of cowardly gameplay that battle encourage, stay alive long enough and your team wins HURRAY.

Siege offers fast and constant action, action with a purpose (take flag, defend flag, open doors, close doors)
If i get shot or couched or ganked by a group of players i can respawn and either try to backstab them in turn, or i can do something else.

If battle had some sort of purpose other than camping "better" than the other team it might catch my interest a bit more. Master of the field flags spawning or something.
But i would have to play with a shield and a spear just to survive against all the fucking cav and ranged.

I want 4 attack directions. I want manual blocking.  Anything else is just lackluster

So in short,  fuck battle, its always been the shittiest gamemode. Finally people are beginning to realize that. Grats,

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »
+8
i wouldn't say its the shittiest mode :P people want to play a battle you know where the goal is to kill or rout the enemy :P Siege is overly simplified and not even remotely siege like. I play both but to only play siege and then comment on battle mode is just retarded ^^
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 12:36:44 pm »
That looks like an improvement to me, I prefer lower amounts.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 12:43:49 pm »
well maybe devs should give more exp (like eu5) on battle servers > or change the fighting.systems and mechanic like that to motivate more people ...

They they ignore all "change the fighting mechanic" petitions since 2010 .
Its to late to late to late to late to late
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:47:22 pm by Bonze »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 01:01:18 pm »
+1
Looks like people are finally fed up and are boycotting EU1. Too bad nobody is there to listen.

Everybody is chucking something at you, xbow/arrow/trowing spam is incredible, cav still rules... but why because the people who made the mod made this possible. It's way easier to stand around and pew, brings good rewards, no need to learn to block really. People will use and abuse the shit out of games and mechanics if you let them. And this mod sure is making it possible.

So get a plate, get a maul, stack str and if and hope to god you dont get shot in a head by a loomed archer or Dave.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2012, 01:05:00 pm »
Has anyone brought up the point that November is one of the biggest game releasing months, Im pretty sure most of the casual c-rpg gamers are off playing all these new games and that they will resume after christmas.

But also Blanket ban of those Eastern Europeans (Deserved in my eyes), but still cuts the community down by a significant margin.

And also battle has become seriously boring for me these days, ranged is fine, cav is fine, my only problem is those pesky HX (buffed way too much) and spammy 2h's (swing there 2h like a light sabre).

The multi system is rather boring now, i have played for 18 gens (which is not much compared to others) and i find it is not rewarding to win anymore, maybe making it based on how well an individual does and not the team and you will see your player base increase significantly.

The only last place that is fun for me is either a strat battle where there are big mob wars or eu2 where it is challenging and fun to play

All in all there has been a number of contributing factors to the decline in eu1 but i guess those hardcore c-rpg players will have to ride the storm

This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2012, 01:09:51 pm »
And ofc noone has time to play because he is preparing himself for this:

Offline Kansuke

• Earl
  • Renown: 401
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kansuke, LeRun
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:34 pm »
+1
Remove looms and level, just keep the character skill modifier then maybe new people will come to this mod.