Author Topic: Increasing troop cap bug and impossible to receive reinforcements before battle  (Read 565 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Hi there

So yes the troop cap is stuck at 100 and my ally can't send me reinforcements even if incoming transfer is on...

The thing that tells me it's a bug is that I see my opponent gaining troops at 1 troop at a time and every time I bring the troop cap up it resets to 100

It's pretty disadvantaging that my opponent can get troops every hour and I can't because of a bug...

Could you help me the soonest as possible?
Is it possible to add me the troops I lost because of the bug?

Waiting for an answer

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:02:46 am by Nyalan »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Yup troop cap is locked when attacking someone.

His troop cap probably didn't hit max so his Strat ticks are being used to recruit troops
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Ok, Thanks for the answer.

and about the troop and equipment transfer? Is there something preventing from receiving reinforcements in the new patch, or is it a bug?

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
and about the troop and equipment transfer? Is there something preventing from receiving reinforcements in the new patch, or is it a bug?

He can only give troops until he has 100 left, so if he only has 100 troops, he can't give you any. (If he had 150, he could give you 50, et cetera.) Also, I don't know whether attackers can reinforce or not, but if they can, it's probably not for as long as the defenders can.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Attackers usually have only 3 hours after battle time initiated to reinforce(not counting nighttime setting).

Can't modify your character after it's locked down in battle.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Mithril was the defender, i thought defenders had 5 hours to reinforce? The guy reinforcing wasnt able to transfer anything, despite having about an hour left, when he clicked the transfer button it would say the transfer was a success, but mithril didnt receive anything, the items/troops were still on the other guy. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:18:17 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
Sorry this happened guys. Strat is full of bugs that still need to be smoothed out  :mad:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
Mithril was the defender, i thought defenders had 5 hours to reinforce? The guy reinforcing wasnt able to transfer anything, despite having about an hour left, when he clicked the transfer button it would say the transfer was a success, but mithril didnt receive anything, the items/troops were still on the other guy.

What was being transferred? If it was troops then the transferee had to have over 100. If it was gear, are you sure it was within the time frame?
I'm assuming it is this battle. If he tried to transfer at 11:51 PM or GREATER EST then that time it would fail.

Also, he was within range of transfer. I'm assuming this as he couldn't transfer otherwise :rolleyes:

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
What was being transferred? If it was troops then the transferee had to have over 100. If it was gear, are you sure it was within the time frame?
I'm assuming it is this battle. If he tried to transfer at 11:51 PM or GREATER EST then that time it would fail.

Also, he was within range of transfer. I'm assuming this as he couldn't transfer otherwise :rolleyes:

He was doing both gear and troops, and he tried a little before 11:00 PM EST, and then again around 11:10 pm EST. There was no reason this shouldnt have worked other then a bug that needs to be fixed  :(
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
Aye, but they made a change to the reinforcement system. So I'm thinking that that change is what is getting you. I can't find it though, and i'm tired as hell and don't feel like searching through the forums. Give it a shot and search, I think there's a change to the system and it's not one of the super documented ones.

otherwise...you just got boned, sorry. :cry:

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
I issued this problem several weeks ago already. You can't change the troop cap once you are under attack. Seems the best to set the troop cap to a really high value just to be sure.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)