24 (17.5%)
I'm disappoint
10 (7.3%)
Crap
8 (5.8%)
I don't play Chivalry
50 (36.5%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: The time is now!!!  (Read 23879 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
The time is now!!!
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »
+2
(restart steam if the download is not working for you ^^)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:11:13 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: The time of war is now!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »
Is it out yet? Haven't seen it on steam store yet.

(and yes I know you can buy it from Thornbanners website)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:16:30 pm »
i bought it from torn banner some time ago and got a steam key, i'm downloading it from steam now.
u can't buy it from steam directly yet as far as i know.

edit: now i see it on steam too
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:23:50 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »
+1
Downloading it right now, i really really want to like this game.

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
Re: The time is now!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 01:22:59 am »
bought it as well. about an hour of downloading left. but yeah this game seems a lot better than wotr. maybe even a worthy rival of m&b2

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:42:16 am »
Have to wait to the 20th to get the game due to low on cash  :cry:

Atleast I got to enjoy the beta for 1 week  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:09 am »
this game is kinda fun. if they add left swings and make blocking swings/overheads a bit harder then this game is gonna be a blast

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:43 am »
1st impressions:
the combat itself is good
-with some tweaks it could be really cool (its more difficult to outfight multiple opponents than in m&b, but maybe there are people not enough skilled yet).
- blocking is simple (much more easier than in m&b), timing swings, predicting inertia is more difficult

classes are unbalanced
- maybe i'm not able to play them all at the same level, but 2h knight with longsword imo pwns everyone
- the level of customization of each of the classes isn't really big

multiplayer
- its just regular battles, free for all, tdm, ctf, objective controll etc... but it misses some depth like crpg has.
- there is no career, nothing like face or armor customization (maybe there is but i haven't found out how to unlock that) that would distinguish you from the others
- there is no social interface, nothing to promote clan battles, tournaments or anything like that
- there are no overall statistics of your character etc...

overall
- the core of the game is good
- it misses a lot all the other things that could make the game way better (career, customization, statistics etc...). those things that are imho easy to add, but i don't know why they didn't implement them already.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:16:57 pm »
1st impressions:
the combat itself is good

1- blocking is simple (much more easier than in m&b), timing swings, predicting inertia is more difficult

classes are unbalanced
2- maybe i'm not able to play them all at the same level, but 2h knight with longsword imo pwns everyone

multiplayer
3- its just regular battles, free for all, tdm, ctf, objective controll etc... but it misses some depth like crpg has.

4- there is no career, nothing like face or armor customization (maybe there is but i haven't found out how to unlock that) that would distinguish you from the others
5- there is no social interface, nothing to promote clan battles, tournaments or anything like that
6- there are no overall statistics of your character etc...

overall

7- it misses a lot all the other things that could make the game way better (career, customization, statistics etc...). those things that are imho easy to add, but i don't know why they didn't implement them already.

Just wanted to answer to some of your frustrations with the game and disagree with some points you made :

1. Blocking by itself is a simple move in both games. However , i think overall defending in chivalry can be much harder than in warband, for multiple reasons :
- you can't hold your block (while in warband sometimes all you need to do is mousedrag +hold rmb ) ,which requires you to react at the right time
-most weapons have different speed + the swings can be done faster/slower via mouse movement +
-you gotta watch the feints
- you REALLY do have to watch the tip of your enemies weapon when blocking, which at times can be harder than it sounds with all the nasty tricks out there like overhead swings, swings at legs, crouching etc

2. If you're playing a lighter class, never trade swings with a knight unless your strike is gonna cancel his for sure. A proper Man at Arms is a real knight killer, especially with blunt weapons.

3. The game has just gotten released and it already has many more game modes than vanilla warband and as many as cRPG atm. Besides, the games objective mode is done great with all those  different semi-realistic medievalish scenarions. Beats warband AND cRPG imo. Only siege mode is missing out , but that will come soon with new maps from community and devs i assume. Dueling mode is on it's way too.

4. I agree, but they never said they were gonna do that. Maybe some customization options will come later from the dev team, but i personally would rather count on mods.

5. There is already a wip League and many clans that originate from Age of Chivalry. Overall the community is not COD-like huge, but it's there and it's active. I suppose some portion of warband players will join sooner or later.

6. Again, this was never advertised as an rpg or even as a game with some rpg traits. As much as i love customization and progression , my guess is that only modders will do it eventually, perharps.

7. Cause it's a very small team, but unlike many other devs they actually listen to the community and keep working on the game. You have that + the modders community combined with decent modders support from devs.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 02:22:01 pm »
+1
Aiming with blocks becomes very tricky when your opponent moves alot and trys to bypass your parries. For blocking some of man-at-arms attacks you need godlike reflexes.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »
addition:
- considering the fact i was not able to block a shit in m&b when it started and now i'm lets say already average blocker since start in chivalry i think blocking is really easy compared to m&b.
- archery & xbows feel very unnatural to me
- i found out i can switch the game to 3rd person mode lol, fighting in this mode looks really great and i have way bigger control over it.
- even the graphics looks really cool in 3rd person view (1st person full field of view was kinda unnaturally stretched)

core of the game is good, i hope they add some flesh to it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:17:59 pm by Beauchamp »

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »
fuck need to find money

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:17:57 pm »
last edit for today :D

- the game is really good, the more i play it the better it gets as i gain more and more control/skill over what i do.
- if some modders will add customization, career or some char development elements, it will be maybe even better than crpg/m&b

p.s.
unlock lvl3 blunt weapon for some pwnage as a knight, even 2nd maul is cool though its sssssoooo sssllloooooowwwww  :)

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »
- considering the fact i was not able to block a shit in m&b when it started and now i'm lets say average blocker since start i think blocking is really easy compared to m&b.
In M&B its very hard at first, but after some time its easy. After playing M&B for years I know that  nothing will breake my defence. Chivalry works different. Its easy when you fight against unskilled oponents. Just one button, you see the strike you block it. But swing can be executed in many different ways, taking swing angle, footwork and timing into consideration. Skilled player attacks in different ways, thats when blocking becomes harder.
 Also blocks and swings are extremely precise. So precise that parry animation and size of the weapon actually matters while blocking.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »
+4
No one mentioned about the most interesting feature of this game:
-GORE!

Fuck yeah limbs ,heads and shit flying everywhere i fight people just to cut off their body apart.

Game gives you the feel that you are fighting in medieval era.

They managed to let you feel that somehow.

Devs of the game truly gave what they offered.

If you expect it to be something like warband or cRPG you'll get frustrated.
I read devblogs,watched videos of alpha footage etc all features i've seen and read about are in the game so it is %100 satisfaction to me.
They said you'll feel powerful and weak at the same time , i did.
They said they tried to make a fun semi realistic semi arcade medieval war game , yeap they did
They said game will have the ambience of medieval movies like braveheart and shit , fuck yeah charging like Wallace all the time.

In general im happy, i was aware that this game will be my "Meh bored of cRPG , lets play smt else" kinda game.
Same like LoL and BF3 and it already is now.