Author Topic: "The Way of the Flamberge" updated 23rd Sept 2011  (Read 23471 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: "The Way of the Flamberge"
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:11:20 pm »
I need to play warband less cos sometimes i get lazy and just spam, not even bothering to block.

In NA last night i must of tk'd about 12 people lol... i guess it's these situations where the flamberge gets a bad name.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »
Nice work RandomDude!  Giving away all your secrets...  Anyway, just thought I would throw in one more tidbit since not everyone understands how this works.  When a heavy weapon is blocked by a lighter weapon, it can stun that person so they can't immediately counter.  However, there is a mechanic where if you block the same weapon a second time, you will not get stunned and can immediately counter.  So resisting the urge to counter after the first block is key.  However, i doubt very many weapons are heavier than flamberges so I guess this is more tip to counter flambergers...  :twisted:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 01:47:51 am »
Awesome, just to correct your impression.

When you hold the swing there is a chance of stun if you hold it more than 0.7 sec? not sure of the exact time.. but it's more likely to happen with a heavier weapon.. It's not necessarily the first hit, but often is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:43:57 pm »
Yeah, it seems like it usually is the first one at least, I spent most of my time as cav so I'm not really an expert.  Didn't know they had to hold the swing for a second first... 

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 10:02:40 am »
Seriously, that weapon is overpowered. I dunno how.. but Georg could OUTSPAM MY BALANCED KATANA (106 speed) with it. True story. I had 30 Agi and 196 wpf in 2h, light armor as usual, while he was in full milanese as usual.  I didnt have a chance to return swing after I blocked. This happened repeatedly, as well as with Bulldog. wtf!! (He said I was too slow, but I think it might have something to do with a misalignement between the animation, the calculated hit, the block sound + ping issues. Who knows.

Anyway. Nerf it and make it unbalanced. I don't care if it's expensive.
Did I correct understood what someone "overspam" your Katana with 106 speed by Flameberg?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:04:27 am by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:30:32 pm »
I mean, that he could hit, I would block, and I could not hit him back before he hit me again. He was not chambering the 1st attack either.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline dagann

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »
I mean, that he could hit, I would block, and I could not hit him back before he hit me again. He was not chambering the 1st attack either.

What were his ping and yours ?

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »
Thomek, thats the stun effect. When a lighter weapon blocks a heavier one, the lighter weapon is stunned and cannot counter right away. However, this can't happen twice in a row, so if you block twice, then you can continue as normal.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 03:53:20 am »
ping was about the same as far as i remember. Around 50 for both. Tested it late at night with few people on server.

AFAIK the stun effect is not only the first swing necessarily. It can happen when you hold the first swing for more than 0.7seconds before release. You can do  it on later swings as well.. But correct me if im wrong on this.

This is not what I'm talking about though.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »
Ok. Sometimes it happends.
But just look - here is 2 way:

1. Flameberg owner attack you first and here is a chance (depends of luck and skill both (attackers and defenders)) what when attackers land their swing on your katana,
after this he will hit you again earlier than you hit him.
BUT! Here is big difference between words HIT and HURT.
He can only hit you. You have not any problem to block this second attack. So, if you are not a new player, you have a 100% chance to block this swing.
And not only this one, but all next too - because of low speed of Flameberg.

2. Second way. You (or not you :) ) with katana with 104 speed (+probably DEX build= increased speed) (+if DEX build = high WPF = more increased weapon speed)
attacking Flameberg owner first. In this case he even can't counter attack. And Flameberg have not any chance at all to hit you (except chamberblock, but 88 against 104 - it's almost impossible). You always will hit earlier (land you hit) than Flameberg do 50% of their swing.
(added) even chamberblock can be slower than next katana swing.

Question - and who is OP now?

Answer - no one. All have their advantages and disadvantages. One weapon for duels and 1x2 battles. Second for backstabbing. Third - support in big dog-figts... e.t.c.
This is and it is good.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:28:22 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Keltesh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frederick_Von_Spamberge, and >9000 alts.
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 12:20:54 am »
Is the flamberge gaining speed when heirloomed again?  That's what is showing in the heirloom thread.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 03:59:58 am »
Is the flamberge gaining speed when heirloomed again?  That's what is showing in the heirloom thread.

it gains 2 speed

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »
I have read your words carefully and I will follow your way. My next char will be 2 hand/archer and your advices will be very usefull.

THX
My fridge is my shield

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »
I have read your words carefully and I will follow your way. My next char will be 2 hand/archer and your advices will be very usefull.

THX

i had/have a 2h/thrower atm and i was wondering what it would be like as a flamberge/archer

i've never liked any archers i rolled but i never stuck it out to a decent level

there's obviously a noticable difference between 1wpf and 150 wpf when u swing a flamberge but what is the minimum wpf needed to be able to play well with flamberge?

i guess even with 1 wpf you can play well as 1v1'ing is a lot harder now anyway - players are better, there's no gap in level/stats etc

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 01:17:57 am »
Well I can say you that actually 56 wpf is not enough. So I will hit the 100 and then I will see. I am at risk of not being very good in any thing (archery and 2hander) but the actual state of things about archery make me try strange things like this.

I will tell you, but it usually takes me months to level up a char  :o
My fridge is my shield