Author Topic: Strategus Round 4 - Starting Sunday, 16:00 CET  (Read 50249 times)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Re: Strategus Round 4 - Starting Sunday, 16:00 CET
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »
In memory Deserter_Chris_the_Bro member of Brotherhood/Deserters former, former ruler of Sarimish and nowadays ruler of Reveran!

there you go braaah  :twisted:

Only because we didn't launch the assaults yet, sadly impossible.  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01:32 pm »
Only because we didn't launch the assaults yet, sadly impossible.  :twisted:

we were just faster and well timed yeah :D
Bros never die!

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »
+3
What i don't quite get, how is strat influenced now by crpg? the points we grind in crpg what can we spent them on?

Would it be a suitable adjustment that at the point someone takes control over a fief, the equipment he has safed on his main for general use within crpg would reduce the points needed for upgrading for these types of equipment depending on f.e. loom status or :) if he has a Grandmaster Title. You know some small sideeffects which make crpg playing a bit more meaningfull. I just love symbiotic effects in games where one thing improves another.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:09:20 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:02 pm »
+1
What don't quite get, how is strat influenced now by crpg? the points we grind in crpg what can we spent them on?

Would it be a suitable adjustment that at the point someone takes control over a fief, the equipment he has safed on his main for general use within crpg would reduce the points needed for upgrading for these types of equipment depending on f.e. loom status or :) if he has a Grandmaster Title. You know some small sideeffects which make crpg playing a bit more meaningfull. I just love symbiotic effects in games where one thing improves another.

totally in the same opinion as kinngrimm!
players should get some achievements when they play good and active.
Bros never die!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:52 pm »
+1
The more active you are in c-rpg, the more useful you will be in strategus.  I personally like that they are taking away "all thine hard work" (aka chadztext) and making it independent to strategus fief points.  I think that's going to be a big improvement.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »
The more active you are in c-rpg, the more useful you will be in strategus.  I personally like that they are taking away "all thine hard work" (aka chadztext) and making it independent to strategus fief points.  I think that's going to be a big improvement.

and a big disadvantage to very active players!
Bros never die!

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »
+4
and a big disadvantage to very active players!

is it? i never got chadz text on my main... ever. even after i retired from 33 just after strat 3 came out and worked my way back up. sooo despite how active i was in crpg i could craft no gear at all in strat. quite the advantage i got for being active eh?

Offline MrPink44

• Count
  • Renown: 245
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pink_Frisia, Flying_FrnchFries
  • IRC nick: n/a
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2012, 03:33:33 am »
I have to agree leveling the playing field by taking away chadztext will be nice. I hardly ever got that shit meaning it was useless for me to do anything but be a goods whore. Not exactly my idea of fun. With this system it will make it so clans can actually have some independence in what they want their members to do i.e. hey build an army and get ready to attack *fief*. Also the level of control for the fiefs is awesome. I look forward to it Tundra Territories for life!
 +Bitches be all over yo charismatic dick.
"Suck my mace." -Larry the Magical Cheetah
I will be a meatshield for my frisian friends! -Frug Frug MB
"Frisia.. urging clans to go to war with other clans for the lulz since 2012." -Tazer
"Are you not entertained?" -Leonidas, The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:57 am »
+1
You know some small sideeffects which make crpg playing a bit more meaningfull.

Shouldnt it be the other way around? Strat is an addition, a game mode to play great Crpg battles, get renown for your clan and get loads of xp. If you need strat rewards to be motivated to play Crpg you are not playing Crpg for fun anymore, and devs made all these changes just to prevent grinding Crpg for strategus purposes.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2012, 12:09:40 pm »
Shouldnt it be the other way around? Strat is an addition, a game mode to play great Crpg battles, get renown for your clan and get loads of xp. If you need strat rewards to be motivated to play Crpg you are not playing Crpg for fun anymore, and devs made all these changes just to prevent grinding Crpg for strategus purposes.

That really depends on the point of view of the individual player. From my perspective crpg/strat is a great strategic game and any move to make it better/more interesting to anyone is good. In fact, the connection between crpg and strat based on tick system worries me - as long as I understand that the main purpose is to get rid of the "dead souls", i.e. clan members that do not play crpg but act as farmers, I am afraid that the current system will force me out of strat due to limited time I can spend playing crpg. In other words, the tick system is beneficial to grinders, not really casual players. Until recently I could find my place in the clan despite my limited playtime, will that be the case in Strat 4? We will see....

I agree - if you need strat rewards to be motivated to play Crpg you are not playing Crpg for fun anymore.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »
+2
That really depends on the point of view of the individual player. From my perspective crpg/strat is a great strategic game and any move to make it better/more interesting to anyone is good. In fact, the connection between crpg and strat based on tick system worries me - as long as I understand that the main purpose is to get rid of the "dead souls", i.e. clan members that do not play crpg but act as farmers, I am afraid that the current system will force me out of strat due to limited time I can spend playing crpg. In other words, the tick system is beneficial to grinders, not really casual players. Until recently I could find my place in the clan despite my limited playtime, will that be the case in Strat 4? We will see....

I agree - if you need strat rewards to be motivated to play Crpg you are not playing Crpg for fun anymore.

There is still a place for you.  Anybody can buy goods, make a trade run and therefore make a profit.  Anybody can then turn that profit into an army and take a Fief.  Or they can give it to their clan.

The difference now is that inactive cRPG players will have to actively do something in Strat in order to make a difference. Whereas in the past the inactive cRPG players would just hide in a Fief, protected from the world and grinding goods/troops for their clan forever.

My prediction is that active Strat but inactive cRPG players are going to be worth more than active cRPG but inactive Strat players in Strat 4.  Obviously being active in both is best though which imo is fair enough.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2012, 12:53:23 pm »
There is still a place for you.  Anybody can buy goods, make a trade run and therefore make a profit.  Anybody can then turn that profit into an army and take a Fief.
lol woot. fief can buy only 100 goods by 25g for each... so we will kill anyone around who will try sell it in our village  :P

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »
lol woot. fief can buy only 100 goods by 25g for each... so we will kill anyone around who will try sell it in our village  :P

That is your choice :D

But a sneaky trader will just come to your fief in the night and be away again before you wake up :P

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:23 pm »
+6
That is your choice :D

But a sneaky trader will just come to your fief in the night and be away again before you wake up :P

Haven't learned from the past Strateguses that Russians don't sleep?  :o

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »
+1