Author Topic: 1 hand needs a fix.  (Read 10459 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 1 hand needs a fix.
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »
it looks like wpf compensate the lack of ps. Are you playing in EU or NA servers?

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

EU, a lot

WPF adds to damage considerably thats where your losing the current bonus from. I've never understood why and how people can go STR shielders due to the lack of WPF. With this current prof i can outspam most 2h'ers and most times 3 hit armoured plate.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 01:55:44 pm »
EU, a lot

WPF adds to damage considerably thats where your losing the current bonus from. I've never understood why and how people can go STR shielders due to the lack of WPF. With this current prof i can outspam most 2h'ers and most times 3 hit armoured plate.

i just run some test on min max calc and you deal min 44c and max 50 c i deal with my build 47c and 53c.
Ffs you hit same as me,and i am slower then you.
You will have advantage in speed i will have in more health,and we wear same armor.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 02:05:47 pm »
Only a nub would complain about 1h being weak lmao.

If you cant be arsed to hold your swings or move with your swing off course your gonna bounce of stuff its the same for every class not just 1h.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 04:43:28 pm »
+4
Only a nub would complain about 1h being weak lmao.

If you cant be arsed to hold your swings or move with your swing off course your gonna bounce of stuff its the same for every class not just 1h.

That's funny because back when I was a balanced (18/21) two-hander I remember purposefully moving in the opposite direction of my swings in the duel server to see if it would glance. It never did.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 04:48:00 pm »
+2
I've seen two kinds of people here so far, those that see a problem and confront it.
And those that just say "lol nub you suck, try all these obvious techniques for doing damage"

I've seen formless play, he knows how the game works.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »
My only complaint is that stabbing with a dagger glues your feet to the ground as if you were thrusting a lance. Your enemy will dance around you as you perform slow motion tai chi moves.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »
Why would you use no wm? I never glanced as a 1h unless i stabbed by mistake, try moving your mouse right as you left swing for extra speed
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »
its 30c thats really weak. ps is inly good with higher damage weapons. 3oc is peasant damage the helm is what 56 armor.  even your highest damage hit 30c wont be near 56 armor
Man is right , y u give him - ?

Dafuck you expect with 30 cut damage ?
Use your footwork correct to avoid glance with cut damage type weapons or follow the steps below to fix your problem.
1)Get steel pick
2)Use only left swing
3)???
4)Profit

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
the important thing was to nerf 1h overhead and stabs in last patch, cuz they were so op before.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:22 pm »
+4
You know that feeling when you execute a 1h left swing or polearm right swing? Smooth animation, big sweet spot, fast, doesn't glance...

2h users get that wonderful feeling on all four attack directions. And this is why 2h is overwhelmingly the most popular weapon type.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
What do you know abbout 1h? You were fighting yesterday in over 60 body armor and danish greatsword with at least 8 athl.
The guy glanced on naked body because of wrong hit,that is his mistake,but anything under 7 ps on havy armor will bounce a lot no matter who fight(i am talking abbout 1h swords,not picks).

What do i know? I played it myself, i dueled it 100000000000000 times. I know alot about the combat system, because i want to find a weak point i can create a trick around. And i have played this game for ages.

But u on the other hand are talking about stuff u dont know. I dont have over 60 body armor, so wrong. I do not have 8 athletics, so wrong again. So stop acting like u know every detail about me?.

Edit: 2h does glance :P.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:01:06 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »
 double post woops.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 10:29:02 pm »
+6
So many bullshit in this topic and so many players giving their opinion on something they obviously don't know ...
1h+shield was op 2 years ago, before they implemented the upkeep system. After that, 1h was pretty balanced and nowadays it's just fucked up.

Reason? Thanks to devs who wanted to nerf 2h's stab, 1hs have been nerfed (you think what i'm saying isn't logic? Me too.)
The only viable attack remaining is the left swing. Stab have always been a pretty inefficient attack and have been nerfed more with this "2h nerf" (actually i don't see in what way 2h have been nerfed, but nvm).
Overhead was a good alternative to left swing (weaker ofc, but still viable) but have been nerfed with the same patch, and is now pretty difficult to use (apart if the opponant don't move at all).
Right swing is pretty slow and can easily be outspam by a greatsword/polearm user (very logical too when you compare 1h weapon speed and other class weapon's speed, but nvm).

What's the point in being a shielder now? We need at least 3 hits to kill a guy with a medium armor (i'm not even speaking about heraldic/plate users), we can only rely on our left swing, sword users often glance (yes we often glance, mr "i know everything better than you" gtx). The only viable thing to do now as a shielder is to use a steel/military pick or a military hammer and spam left swing. Great.

Result? Leave shielding alone and stop saying big fucking bullshit like "overhead and stab were op, now it's fine", so you won't appear like a foolish stupid idiot (yes, it makes me rage)

PS : 1 advice for those who want to have a non biaised opinion about shielding : Make a 1 hander+shield alt, then play it at least 2 weeks. Playing it just a few days is not enough. If you play it 2 weeks, you will have the great occasion to feel the frustration rising in you after having being teamhitted more in a few days as a shielder than in a few months as every other class, after having being killed several times by noobs (who can barely block a basic feint) just because they spam with their 2h sword while backpedaling (that's what we call "2h heroes"), and so on (i let some suspens for those who want to discover how op shielding is).

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »
+4
Overhead was a good alternative to left swing (weaker ofc, but still viable) but have been nerfed with the same patch, and is now pretty difficult to use (apart if the opponant don't move at all).

Spin rate limit on thrusts and overheads should be a function of weapon length and weight (or more accurately moment of inertia). This would preserve 1h viability while still preventing pike helicopters and maul overhead tornadoes of doom. No one ever complained about OP 1h thrusts/overheads.

1h overhead used to be what separated the good players from the mediocre. Now even the skilled 1h players don't dare try an overhead on a non-afk player, because any alert player will just sidestep and kill you. Like Renegat said, 1h has been reduced to running around left-swing spamming, because it's all we have left. 1h thrust always sucked, but at least it was high risk/high reward because you could do crazy spinthrusts and occasionally land hits on superior players when the hitbox gods cooperated.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:40:38 pm by Phew »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2012, 11:42:20 pm »
you play it 2 weeks, you will have the great occasion to feel the frustration rising in you after having being teamhitted more in a few days as a shielder than in a few months as every other class, after having being killed several times by noobs (who can barely block a basic feint) just because they spam with their 2h sword while backpedaling (that's what we call "2h heroes"), and so on (i let some suspens for those who want to discover how op shielding is).

that is what made me rage respec to 2h this gen :P ive been 1h shield maybe 1/3 of all my gens. Stab used to be very usefull. I still do pretty well with a sword and shield but it is very weak compared to 2h. The team wounding tho damn i swear the next piker/2h who stabs me in the back when im a shielder (if i dont die because the enemy gets a free shot) is being sent strait to hell via team kill :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk