Author Topic: 1 hand needs a fix.  (Read 10500 times)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: 1 hand needs a fix.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 12:38:37 pm »
if you are under 8 ps with one handed weapons you are completly usless.
I currently have 7 ps,and i have problems with heavy armored dudes i still need 4 hits to kill them. Anything under 7ps will glance and it will deal low dmg.
You will need 5-6 hits to kill anyone unless you use some of the picks.
Only one handed swords need buff,every sword exept nordic war,champ,kas,elite scimitar,arab cav sword,italian sword is completly usless.
Any 2 handed weapon is awsome,but moust of 1h weapons are complete shit.
1h axes and hammers,and picks are fine,they dont realy ned a buff,but 1h swords realy need buff because they deal very low dmg,they are slower when compared to 2h and polearms.
Enemy will shurely block your first attack,and it realy seems easy for 2h to block 1h swords. 1hvs1h is usualy turn fight i hit your shield,you mine untill someone brake someones shield or someone else interfeere.
It is very lame and need to be fixed.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »
I have dueled alot, as people might know. And the hardest weapon to try and make it bounce, is by far the 1hands. So u are doing something wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 01:25:55 pm »
they do not need a buff at all, armour just needs a nerf.

The only reason you'll bounce is because you're using a weapon that's too long or too light.

The things that effect the bouncing mechanic most in warband are the weight of the weapon primarily, and second the speed bonus, which is in turn effected by the point of your weapon that hits the enemy, aka how long is your weapon and which bit do you usually hit with. If you have a sword like the nordic champion sword or knightly arming sword it will bounce 10x more than the basic arming sword / nordic war sword, they're too long.

I currently have 7 ps,and i have problems with heavy armored dudes i still need 4 hits to kill them. Anything under 7ps will glance and it will deal low dmg.
Only one handed swords need buff,every sword exept nordic war,champ,kas,elite scimitar,arab cav sword,italian sword is completly usless.
1h axes and hammers,and picks are fine,they dont realy ned a buff,but 1h swords realy need buff because they deal very low dmg,they are slower when compared to 2h and polearms.
Enemy will shurely block your first attack,and it realy seems easy for 2h to block 1h swords. 1hvs1h is usualy turn fight i hit your shield,you mine untill someone brake someones shield or someone else interfeere.

the swords you have described there are the ones which are in fact crap. The long 1h swords bounce so much. I'd only use those as cavalry swords or if im caked in tincan. I used nothing but simple sword +0 with 7 PS and 100 1h WPF for 2 gens on my thrower and i had no problems whatsoever with bouncing or even with killing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:29:01 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »
+1

I find this completely wrong and misleading.

My current build is 15/21 and all i have is 5 PS....and yet i get plenty of kills, so im not sure what your getting at but if your having to do 4 hits on armoured guys your either not hitting them in their head or your hits are partially glancing. I use a miltiary cleaver its got 35c, its relatively long and speedy and i get plenty of kills with it. My shield is what lets me down, but in the end good blocking skills sorts that out. With 1H you can outspam most 2H weapons and therefore have an automatic advantage, as well as the fact of using footwork is critical.

Charging in screaming and yelling whilst swinging like an old mans balls as you charge in is just a typical way of getting you killed

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

My current build is 15/21 and all i have is 5 PS....and yet i get plenty of kills, so im not sure what your getting at but if your having to do 4 hits on armoured guys your either not hitting them in their head or your hits are partially glancing. I use a miltiary cleaver its got 35c, its relatively long and speedy and i get plenty of kills with it. My shield is what lets me down, but in the end good blocking skills sorts that out. With 1H you can outspam most 2H weapons and therefore have an automatic advantage, as well as the fact of using footwork is critical.

Charging in screaming and yelling whilst swinging like an old mans balls as you charge in is just a typical way of getting you killed
He's Welsh. He's smart he thinks...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:54 pm »
I have dueled alot, as people might know. And the hardest weapon to try and make it bounce, is by far the 1hands. So u are doing something wrong.

What do you know abbout 1h? You were fighting yesterday in over 60 body armor and danish greatsword with at least 8 athl.
The guy glanced on naked body because of wrong hit,that is his mistake,but anything under 7 ps on havy armor will bounce a lot no matter who fight(i am talking abbout 1h swords,not picks).

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 01:33:02 pm »
He's Welsh. He's smart he thinks...

No its just ive been playing with 1H for a while as has Mlecke, and yet this is the class ive gained the most kills with, beating my 2H which i got around a 1.2;1 k/d (im not a very kill major player).

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:55 pm »
Wasn't even trying to troll :O
Well... a lil' bit maybe...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »

yeah i know who you are. You are that guy who wear heraldic tranny,plate gloves and you hit like a truck.
No way you have 5 ps because you kill me in 2 hits and i have 7if and over 50 head armor.
Military cleaver is not a sword it is cleaver,loomed cleaver have 38 cut so it is like 2h sword.
It is not same having 34 and 38 cut,and it is different animations.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:08 pm »
No its just ive been playing with 1H for a while as has Mlecke, and yet this is the class ive gained the most kills with, beating my 2H which i got around a 1.2;1 k/d (im not a very kill major player).
i have 1.5/1 k:d ratio so what? I had 2:1 k:d ratio.
It is not in ratio it is thing that i can't fight alone without support moust of the time,and i never can get under 7 ps.
If i need to hit tincan 5 times i will die before i can hit him 5 times.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »
lol, who goes 1h inf, just get a 2h my old friendsword or go cav
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 01:43:59 pm »
yeah i know who you are. You are that guy who wear heraldic tranny,plate gloves and you hit like a truck.
No way you have 5 ps because you kill me in 2 hits and i have 7if and over 50 head armor.
Military cleaver is not a sword it is cleaver,loomed cleaver have 38 cut so it is like 2h sword.
It is not same having 34 and 38 cut,and it is different animations.

You obv do not know me

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

And thats only a +1 cleaver not masterwork, and in previous gens i used to use an unloomed knightly arming sword and never had the probem you do.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:50:51 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 01:44:50 pm »
1 Hand needs a fix, with  6ps a 32 cut weapon i bounced off naked flesh, the dude was wearing no armour and I bounced right off.  1 Hand suffers from some really stupid bounces, not to meantion its underpowred and armour seems to be getting heavier and heaviers. Can we at least fix the bounces.

Learn to use footwork and time attack. It's your own fault for bouncing on a naked dude with 6 ps and a 32 cut weapon. Hell, it's probably your own fault for bouncing at almost anything. Held hits, aiming for the head etc. is nice to use when you spot some slow tanks with heavy armor. But I guess it's easier to ask for the buff than to learn how to counter them? Yes, you will still need quite a lot of hits, but as long as you're going for headhits you it should go relatively fast.

Anyway, I have a 1H cav alt at level 28 I often use as a shielder on the ground. I have 5 ps and a 31 cut weapon, and I can only remember once I glanced that I wouldn't class as my own fault. An overhead with my elite scimi to Merc_Bjorn (who's a massive tank) that bounced because of his strength build and heavy armor. Apart from that, it's fine, and that's 5 ps with a 31 cut weapon
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »
Actually in my opinion 1h Swords should stop with cut damage where 2H-Swords do start.
Bastard Sword is cheap and does 35 Damage so best High-Damage 1h-Swords (Not cleaver etc.) should start
out with 34 Base-Damage.

=> NCS 34
=> KAS 33
and then balance everything according ;)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 01:49:02 pm »
You obv do not know me

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
it looks like wpf compensate the lack of ps. Are you playing in EU or NA servers?

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)