Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 55837 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA
« Reply #735 on: February 18, 2014, 05:13:40 pm »
Anyone in HG will be able to see our current orders by joining TS and looking at the description area of the HG PRIVATE CHANNEL (don't worry, not readable by non-HG members).
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #736 on: February 18, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »
+2
Anyone in HG will be able to see our current orders by joining TS and looking at the description area of the HG PRIVATE CHANNEL (don't worry, not readable by non-HG members).

If I schlep gopher pelts and butter around the Strategus map (or whatever it is you do in that game mode), will you guys play more siege between 7-8:30 PM EST?  :wink:

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #737 on: February 18, 2014, 05:29:53 pm »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Calford

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Vicar_Vlanear, HG_Female_Animal_Hybrid
« Reply #738 on: February 27, 2014, 04:52:32 am »
+3

Elindor is just ordering us to do butt stuff, nothing to be concerned about. 
Vlanear, Vicar of the Holy Guard

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 28, 2014, 07:26:34 am »
+1

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »
+1

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #741 on: March 01, 2014, 03:24:07 am »
so....i haven't been on in a while

i might hop on tonight or tomorrow

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #742 on: March 01, 2014, 02:15:05 pm »
+5
You nerds still jam or what?  I'm finally back to the U S of A, and want to come make fun of Elindork.  I should have my PC setup by tomorrow  :)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 02, 2014, 02:48:06 am »
+1
You nerds still jam or what?  I'm finally back to the U S of A, and want to come make fun of Elindork.  I should have my PC setup by tomorrow  :)

We're around yeah...stop by nerd.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:32 pm »
Moved this conversation from the Marketplace Board, re: Penitent trading for different +3 1h weapons every day

I know...I think I have a disease. :)  The good part is I'm very familiar with all of them now and I think I'm getting ready to settle down.  If I can keep myself from getting bored, I don't think I'll retire again.

I'm almost following your footsteps, as I have a BSS now and it's pretty awesome.  I think I'll hold on to my arbalest too, as it gives me something to do when defending walls.  I like bringing it on offense too (without bolts so save on weight) and fire off one shot before discarding it.  I get too many fun shots in to forgo it. 

I think your load out will give you tons of versatility.  The long arming sword will be great against those fast guys with pole arms that like to back-pedal.  I've got this Knightly Arming sword that is useful for that too -- but if I don't have something on the market I just don't feel complete.  I'll likely keep my current loadout and just keep swapping this one loom and see what develops!

I initially put some wpf in xbow for the reason you mentioned (something to do on walls), but I always felt like I was missing out on too much action while reloading. Also, I am horrible at aiming (even my xbow alt with 174 wpf couldn't hit anything); I think I spazz when I release the shot. Repairs also sucked, and I felt so ashamed every time I killed someone with it. I get 9 more 1h wpf without the xbow wpf, which isn't trivial.

Re: Long Arming Sword. Yes, agility polearmers have been my bane lately; I always get sucked into chasing their backpedals, then they one-shot me with max speed bonus. I relish the opportunity to fight a Longsword hero now, because at least it'll take them 3+ hits to kill me. The 100+ length 1h swords are clumsy as hell in most fights, but I'm willing to deal with that for the ability to out-reach an awlpike or war spear. I'll miss my BSS like crazy though; I think it's the ideal weapon for fighting anyone that doesn't s-key the whole time. My go-to maneuver in a 2v1 is face one guy like I'm going to attack him, then surprise stab the other guy in the face, and the BSS is awesome for this. LAS is probably too slow to pull this off, but we'll see. Voester wrecks sh!t with his, mostly by backpedalling+stabbing.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #745 on: April 02, 2014, 07:11:10 pm »
Moved this conversation from the Marketplace Board, re: Penitent trading for different +3 1h weapons every day

I initially put some wpf in xbow for the reason you mentioned (something to do on walls), but I always felt like I was missing out on too much action while reloading. Also, I am horrible at aiming (even my xbow alt with 174 wpf couldn't hit anything); I think I spazz when I release the shot. Repairs also sucked, and I felt so ashamed every time I killed someone with it. I get 9 more 1h wpf without the xbow wpf, which isn't trivial.

Re: Long Arming Sword. Yes, agility polearmers have been my bane lately; I always get sucked into chasing their backpedals, then they one-shot me with max speed bonus. I relish the opportunity to fight a Longsword hero now, because at least it'll take them 3+ hits to kill me. The 100+ length 1h swords are clumsy as hell in most fights, but I'm willing to deal with that for the ability to out-reach an awlpike or war spear. I'll miss my BSS like crazy though; I think it's the ideal weapon for fighting anyone that doesn't s-key the whole time. My go-to maneuver in a 2v1 is face one guy like I'm going to attack him, then surprise stab the other guy in the face, and the BSS is awesome for this. LAS is probably too slow to pull this off, but we'll see. Voester wrecks sh!t with his, mostly by backpedalling+stabbing.

Yeah, I've also been having the most trouble with fast pole arm dudes these days.  My usual tactic is to not chase them too much, and just turtle up.  I also stand still, or mostly still, to dampen their "dancing."  The heavy kite shield can take quite-a-many hits before being terribly damaged -- so I lull them into a sense of security and then surprise attack and change to super aggressive attacks.  A nice shield bash can get them to hold still for a moment too.  This is mostly for 1v1 situations though.

This works well UNLESS the super quick polearm dude is using a shield breaker (Jona *cough*), and that is becoming more and more popular these days.  I can't think of any other way to get the upper hand against these long axes besides taking a longer weapon as well...

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 02, 2014, 07:19:34 pm »
Yeah, I've also been having the most trouble with fast pole arm dudes these days.  My usual tactic is to not chase them too much, and just turtle up.  I also stand still, or mostly still, to dampen their "dancing."  The heavy kite shield can take quite-a-many hits before being terribly damaged -- so I lull them into a sense of security and then surprise attack and change to super aggressive attacks.  A nice shield bash can get them to hold still for a moment too.  This is mostly for 1v1 situations though.

This works well UNLESS the super quick polearm dude is using a shield breaker (Jona *cough*), and that is becoming more and more popular these days.  I can't think of any other way to get the upper hand against these long axes besides taking a longer weapon as well...

Yeah, there's no weapon that will give you an edge against Jona; I just nudge him a lot and hope a teammate kills him. I'm more concerned about these guys that suck at blocking, but wear light armor w/ 8+ath and just backpedal and stab with an awlpike/spear.

Heavy Kite is a sweet shield with the new patch change, I'm trying to trade for one also. Nice that we finally have a fast heraldic 2-slot shield.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #747 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:19 pm »
+1
Yeah, there's no weapon that will give you an edge against Jona; I just nudge him a lot and hope a teammate kills him. I'm more concerned about these guys that suck at blocking, but wear light armor w/ 8+ath and just backpedal and stab with an awlpike/spear.

Heavy Kite is a sweet shield with the new patch change, I'm trying to trade for one also. Nice that we finally have a fast heraldic 2-slot shield.

Woah...woah they totally changed the H. Kite shield!  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  It may actually be too light for my tastes now -- though its stats do look very good.  Interesting...

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »
Woah...woah they totally changed the H. Kite shield!  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  It may actually be too light for my tastes now -- though its stats do look very good.  Interesting...

It's like a lighter, heraldic version of the Triangle Shield, which suits me fine. Although I've been using a +3 Heavy Round Shield lately, and I do like that it does occasionally block arrows from the side (unlike the kite/heater shields). But I don't love the saucer look and speed penalty (you can't "block feint" with <100 speed shields).

I don't pay much attention to durability; they are all tough enough to last through a ton of non-axe hits, but they all break in a few axe hits. So it's mostly the tradeoffs between speed, projectile coverage, and weight for me.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 02, 2014, 07:44:40 pm »
+2

Annnnd I just got a +3 HKS, in armoury if you want to play with it (I got tennis right after work today, so I won't be playing cRPG).

Marketplace is always fun on patch day. The guy that traded the HKS probably was like "Ugg, this just got nerfed, need to dump it". One man's trash is another man's treasure.