Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 55972 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA
« Reply #720 on: January 17, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »
Its funny. I would use an arb in battle but not in siege. Always sucks in battle to have an arb that needs to be reloaded and have a horse archer gunning for you though.

But yeah siege needs more players. It was doing well for a while. Is it dying off more now?

Siege is so fast-paced, that you miss out on a lot of action while reloading. I only bring my heavy when I'm on defense, and only during the first life, to shoot down ladders etc.

I used to get to play for like 45 mins around 7:30pm EST on weekdays while my wife put our daughter to bed, but now siege is always empty at that time. So I either do duel or DTV. Maybe I'll try a little battle next time, and just do like Tojo suggested and try to snipe for most of the round. 51 wpf sniping works surprisingly well, I've found. 

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #721 on: January 17, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »
Siege is so fast-paced, that you miss out on a lot of action while reloading. I only bring my heavy when I'm on defense, and only during the first life, to shoot down ladders etc.

I used to get to play for like 45 mins around 7:30pm EST on weekdays while my wife put our daughter to bed, but now siege is always empty at that time. So I either do duel or DTV. Maybe I'll try a little battle next time, and just do like Tojo suggested and try to snipe for most of the round. 51 wpf sniping works surprisingly well, I've found.

Yeah pretty much. Battle can be fast paced too but it matters less than in siege since its battle and the objective is to kill everyone. Until the flags pop up.

DTV ain't so bad. Its actually kind of fun. I always avoided it but after trying it out, it wasn't too bad. You're always welcome in battle man. Just pew pew everyone while hiding in a hay stack. It rustles a lot of jimmies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #722 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:50 pm »
+1

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #723 on: February 03, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »
Battle is kind of the only option these days unless you're lucky.  The flags pop up a lot more though, making it a bit more objective based, which is nice.  For some reason my fighting skills don't translate as well to battle mode and I kind of end up sucking.  I think it's because in siege mode I use the walls and obstacles to protect my flanks, and there is a general flow of the map -- so I kind of know where my teammates will be and where the enemy will be heading.  In battle mode I try to stick by friendlies -- but they are fickle.  I almost always find myself surrounded and slaughtered early in the round. :(  Since I'm shielder I try to fight on the front lines, and it's hard to tell if the guys that had your back 5 seconds ago have fled.  If anyone has tips for being more effective in battle, lay them on me!

On another note, I've been working my marketplace voodoo and now have a Warhammer AND Spathovaklion in the armory.  Woo hoo!  I am the Blunt King!  Hmmm..that sounds not quite like I intended...

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 03, 2014, 08:50:13 pm »
Battle is kind of the only option these days unless you're lucky.  The flags pop up a lot more though, making it a bit more objective based, which is nice.  For some reason my fighting skills don't translate as well to battle mode and I kind of end up sucking.  I think it's because in siege mode I use the walls and obstacles to protect my flanks, and there is a general flow of the map -- so I kind of know where my teammates will be and where the enemy will be heading.  In battle mode I try to stick by friendlies -- but they are fickle.  I almost always find myself surrounded and slaughtered early in the round. :(  Since I'm shielder I try to fight on the front lines, and it's hard to tell if the guys that had your back 5 seconds ago have fled.  If anyone has tips for being more effective in battle, lay them on me!

On another note, I've been working my marketplace voodoo and now have a Warhammer AND Spathovaklion in the armory.  Woo hoo!  I am the Blunt King!  Hmmm..that sounds not quite like I intended...

The sense of paranoia about being backstabbed is one of the many reason I dislike battle, although I'll have to bite the bullet and start playing it now that siege is almost always dead. 100 mil XP, and only 10 Battle deaths on my character page now.

HG now has a very impressive collection of Masterwork 1h weapons in the armory; I had a blast with the Spathovaklion last night, although I love the warhammer too. That knockdown->hit->kick->hit combo is so cheesy, but so fun.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #725 on: February 03, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »
Beware that people can roll away when knocked down in battle too!  This may rain on some knockdown-kick parades. :)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 03, 2014, 09:14:41 pm »
Beware that people can roll away when knocked down in battle too!  This may rain on some knockdown-kick parades. :)

Devs forgot NA siege existed, so no roll there. 1h blunt is truly devastating on siege, especially in the rare event the server is crowded.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #727 on: February 03, 2014, 09:15:16 pm »
+3
Very high field of view, a good headset so you can hear the location of cav, looking behind your back often, and assessing whether the current force you are with can handle a clash against upcoming enemies all help. Get the hang of surviving in battle and there is not as much wait time as you think.

Also, finally learned the trick to rolling. You don't input it right when you get hit, but at the moment when your whole body is on the ground. Seems a bit silly that one has to wait so long, but oh well. And it won't work unless I release all of my other inputs first.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #728 on: February 08, 2014, 07:06:42 pm »

Also, finally learned the trick to rolling. You don't input it right when you get hit, but at the moment when your whole body is on the ground. Seems a bit silly that one has to wait so long, but oh well. And it won't work unless I release all of my other inputs first.

Yea I always seem to end up holding down the block button and messing up my roll, because I'm ascared of getting smashed again. Now with my MW iron staff  :rolleyes: , I can deal out the knockdowns and watch my victims roll, I notice only a small number of people actually able to use knockdown consistently.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #729 on: February 08, 2014, 10:09:41 pm »
Very high field of view, a good headset so you can hear the location of cav, looking behind your back often, and assessing whether the current force you are with can handle a clash against upcoming enemies all help. Get the hang of surviving in battle and there is not as much wait time as you think.

No wonder I always mess up. I suck at rolling so hard.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #730 on: February 14, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »
+2
The Holy Guard does plan to be a part of Strat 5 in some manner - how heavily is yet to be determined.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 14, 2014, 08:03:24 pm »
+2
FYI, I uploaded our banner to Zagibu's viewer, if anyone wants to "play dress up" with Heraldic gear:

http://node23.net/zagibu/cRPGViewer/

The banner is listed as "HG.jpg"

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #732 on: February 14, 2014, 08:31:45 pm »
sweet!

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »
+4
Couple things in preparation of Strat...

- Draeth promoted to Chaplain
- Tojo promoted to Sentinel
- Reuri (Reremond) promoted to Guard

- Initiates Dante Zelerius and Arcadeus removed due to MIA/Inactivity (if you guys see and want to join up again let me know)

As for Strat...

Phew and Turtler, can you guys hop on TS sometime and let us know if you're interested in helping us out - if so we can give you some instructions...
Thanks!

Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #734 on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:31 pm »
+1
Yea any HG supporters who are interested in strat, the TS should be buzzing around 1-2 pm central time for strat restart.

Changed my Name to the appropriate title Sentinel (Pony Boy).