Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 56000 times)

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA
« Reply #690 on: December 30, 2013, 06:55:32 pm »
+1
not going to lie 18/21 prob the best 2h build  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #691 on: January 03, 2014, 05:24:52 pm »
+2
I've been a busy boy on the market, and I think I'll keep these items a while so I'll store them in the armory.

Just a head's up in case anyone wants to try anything out!

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #692 on: January 04, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »
so i need some help with my build next gen... it will prob be a 31-32 build

i plan on going archer using the bow, bodkins, and short arming sword

i played around with a couple build and was thinking:

build 1:

Str: 15

Agi: 21

5 PD
5 PS
7 wm
7 ath
i think 5 IF (give or take)

100 wpf in 1h

140 in archery

idk if this is a good build tho lol

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #693 on: January 04, 2014, 11:23:42 pm »
+1
That was my exact build for Tojo when I went archer. Except I was using arming sword and a yumi. It's good but IMO xbow is more fun.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #694 on: January 04, 2014, 11:45:57 pm »
+2
You plan on going archer? On your main? I'm going to echo Tojo and say you should go xbow instead as well.

I don't know what they plan to do to nerf xbows with the upcoming patch but xbows do better than archers overall. Have you tried it on an alt/STF yet? See if you like doing it? Most of the archers now are past 31 and are 33+ builds. I'd bet people like dildos and itchy are 34 min.

But that's a decent build. Not sure if IF is worth it really since you're going to wear pretty light armor as an archer to try and reduce the wpf penalty.

I would also ask someone that knows if it really is worth it to take one more PD over the bow you're going to use. Such as if you're using the yumi or horn, you would take 6 to have one PD over the requirement. If it hasn't changed, I remember that supposedly helping with accuracy but I don't know if that still holds true with the PD penalty to wpf added in.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2014, 07:37:09 pm »
+2
Dildos is close to 35 iirc.. But yes, 15/24 xbow is so much more effective at 30 than archer, although I suppose it also comes down to preference.  Like Taser said, play around with it on your STF, figure out what you like.

Side note:  Hello my HG friends  :D  I will try to come by TS in the next couple of weeks and say hi  :)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #696 on: January 05, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »
+2
My +3 Heavy Xbow is almost always in the armory; trade for some +3 Steel bolts and you will be Mr. pro sniper. My lvl 25 alt that's like 12/24 feels more potent with it than any lvl 31 archer, and even my main with 51 xbow wpf and medium-heavy armor snipes people from across the map all the time. Xbow is absurd; ride the wave man.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2014, 04:03:52 am »
Currentley lvl 30: 15/24

I decided to use a MW xbow instead of heavy or arbalest, I really enjoy the speedy reloading. Combined with +2 steel bolts I manage to snipe the archers and I can still 1 shot clothies 8-).

Melee I have my MW arming sword and 5 PS, but I feel weak so I am going lvl 32 18/24. Need to be stronk!

I think this is a great build for battle and siege if you can find something to hide behind :lol:

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2014, 02:33:34 pm »
+1
Sounds good so far, but trust me.. Try the heavy xbow.  The reload is quite fast, and the damage is excellent.  Also to improve melee damage, footwork and speed damage is crucial.  I always try to aim for the head as well, while moving toward the enemy.  That combination can allow for 2-3 hitting people, especially if you learn to abuse stabs.

Most of this is just my own preferences and opinions so do with it what you would like, and good luck with your Operator build (1h xbow)  :)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 06, 2014, 03:24:21 pm »
Sounds good so far, but trust me.. Try the heavy xbow.  The reload is quite fast, and the damage is excellent.  Also to improve melee damage, footwork and speed damage is crucial.  I always try to aim for the head as well, while moving toward the enemy.  That combination can allow for 2-3 hitting people, especially if you learn to abuse stabs.

Most of this is just my own preferences and opinions so do with it what you would like, and good luck with your Operator build (1h xbow)  :)

Truedat. Here's my perception of the number of shots required to kill for each of the 2-slot xbows against typical cRPG players:
Crossbow: 1-2 headshots, 2-4 torso shots
Heavy Xbow: 1 headshot, 1-3 torso shots (only the fattest of the fat, i.e. Plumbo, would require 3 torso shots to drop)
Arbalest: 1 headshot, 1-2 torso shots, but you have to deal with that stupid firing delay

So both Heavy and Arbalest will still 1-shot everyone with a headshot and require 2 torso shots to kill a full-health melee player, so you might as well do it faster with the Heavy and avoid the Arbalest firing delay. Saves on upkeep obviously as well.

Regular crossbow is nearly as expensive as the Heavy, and much less potent. The only situation where it outshines the Heavy Xbow is killing archers, since both will typically typically require 2 torso shots to kill a high level archer in loomed armor.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
+1
Also Penitent, your Warhammer is bauss. I dubbed it PlumboBane last night, as it is the first weapon I've used that can actually hurt him.

Please don't trade it away like you do with every other cool weapon you get! Unless it's for a Spathovaklion again, those are sick. Although I might like Warhammer more!

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 06, 2014, 05:53:34 pm »
Lol, glad you like it!  I am quite fond of it -- it puts people DOWN, man.  When you hit most people they either die or take a quick foray into the dirt where you can hit them again and then they die. :)

I'm planning on holding on to it for quite a while.  I may actually like it better than the spathovaklion too -- once you get used to its length.  It's more powerful and has a nice surprise-attack stab.  Now that 1h stab is decent I think this is a great benefit.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #702 on: January 06, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »
Hey gents, as you have excess cash (doesn't have to be a ton) please donate to the clan bank as I use my gold to secure us banner slots (just got a new one) and then reimburse myself (at least in part) from the clan bank.

Thanks guys.

Also, added Turtler as Guard rank, even though he does not wear tags :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:01 pm »
Hey gents, as you have excess cash (doesn't have to be a ton) please donate to the clan bank as I use my gold to secure us banner slots (just got a new one) and then reimburse myself (at least in part) from the clan bank.

You should make a single item in the armory (stones or something) have a daily fee of 10k gold, this would help cash flow for reasons I discussed a few months ago.

Also, added Turtler as Guard rank, even though he does not wear tags :)

Worst part of "Guard" tag is that people feel the need to remind you that "HG_Guard_xxx" is redundant. Frequently. You should change the rank name to "Mall Cop", or whatever the theological equivalent of a mall cop is.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:21:22 pm by Phew »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 06, 2014, 11:25:51 pm »
Hey, thanks for the rank!  Perhaps I'll put on some tags one of these days.  :) I'll be busy irl for a while, so I won't get to play much.  Moving to a new house.

I DO have some extra gold though.  I'll put a few coins in the coffer, so to speak.