Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 56002 times)

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - Open to Applicants
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2012, 06:58:53 am »
I know it's back I have theseus after all to tell me these things. I just have to get back into C-RPG again
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:34 am »
+2
Promoted TORRADAN to SENTINEL

...Torradan is a solid and dedicated member (and has been for some time), and is continuing to work as a team member in combat for the Order.

(click to show/hide)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2012, 05:21:21 pm »
+1
After the promotion ceremony Tojo could be seen congratulating Torradan heartily on his new journey within the faith. Tojo later prayed that night that The Lord use him as an instrument of cleansing, and prayed the rosary while meditating on his faith...

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 13, 2012, 10:54:18 pm »
+1
As some of you may know, Dalfador is no longer in the Holy Guard, and he has decided to take the opportunity to leave cRPG altogether (apparently something he had been meaning to do for some time)....

This is a message from him.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dalfador looked up to the starry night sky. He was alone.

He had become used to this feeling of mere... loneliness. It seemed the norm for him now. His battle wounds were many, and his heart was crying out for a stop to the hatred. He desired... peace. He was weak, and his talents in battle were suffering. He grew restless. He left his post on Himmelsberg walls and walked into the monastery. He used his spear as a support for his elderly pale body, as he limped from door to door, reading the names of the soldiers who occupied the rooms.

He started to whisper and laugh to himself, remembering the memories of his service to his lord. He remembered taking and holding walls right along side his comrades, holding firm against kuttastrophes, and how his young, arrogant personality was so ironic compared to how... old he felt on the inside. He grinned and slid his back down the wall of the rough stone surface. He sat propped up, his legs sprawled about the floor. He set his spear down, listening to the metallic sound as it bounced off the ground.

He hoped the others knew that he meant well... he was never trying to hurt anyone. He just felt like he had to prove himself, he had to compete with the younger soldiers and try to show them that age is not a factor. Every person is their own being and has a conscious state of mind, no matter how old. He shed a tear, and it fell to the ground shattering. Slowly more tears came, filling in the cracks of the stone floor.

Very old memories came back to him, from his days in early Calradia. He longed for just one last taste of those days. Nevermore, thought Dalfador. He reached for a piece of cloth from his pocket, the one he always had with him. He slowly pulled it out and held it up in front of light to clearly read it.

THE SERENITY PRAYER
God, grant me the Courage to change the things I can change,
the Serenity to accept the those I cannot change,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.
But God, grant me the Courage not to give up on what is right,
even though I think it is hopeless.
Amen.

(This is actually mounted on a frame above my computer desk.)

Dalfador's eyes closed. For the first time, he was at peace.
Elindor walked into the hallways and was the first to discover Dalfador's body. There was something strange about it though... the expression on his face was happy and tranquil. He died happy of what he had accomplished in the time of service to the Holy Guard, and it was amazing while it lasted. Heck, before this he was some old, boring, war veteran. Dalfador left this world a new man. A man with new intentions and a positive outlook, rather than when he first enlisted in the Holy Guard.

Elindor flipped over the piece of paper on Dalfador's lap, there was a Will written. Dalfador wrote that his entire savings came up to 195,000 denars.
Elindor, the Holy, shall receive 20,000 denars, as well as the rights to be the best duelist in Holy Guard. Hindel, the Mighty, shall receive 20,000 denars. Malverx, the Just, shall receive 20,000 denars. Genric, the Sarcastic, shall receive 20,000 denars. Theseus, the Nice, shall receive 20,000 denars. Ithran, the Humble, shall receive 30,000 denars. Oda, the Silent, shall receive 20,000 denars. Hamlicar shall receive 10,000 denars. Claire shall receive 10,000 denars. Please divide 20,000 among Lithix, Tojo, and Torradan. Any left over can be used as money to complete the transactions.

(if it comes up short take it out of genric's please! >:D  )

(You may think this is childish carelessness, but I don't plan on ever coming back to cRPG. After 2 and a half years it isn't entertaining for me anymore. I know I was kind of a douche, but hey, it got a laugh out of you guys every now and then. I hope you guys don't see me as a drama queen after writing this, but I wanted to go out with a bang, rather than a simple message.)

Thanks,

Dalfador

(I have handed out the contributions from his will....)

Let us bow our heads in rememberance of Dalfador.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:06:04 pm by Elindor »

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »
+1
Artanis stood silent next to his comrades in the main chamber. He was in the front row between Vlanear and Hamlicar. His head was bowed in silence but his eyes were glued to the coffin before him. At the feet of the massive statue was a simple but blessed box with the remains of an honored man. Artanis stepped forward and knelt before Dalfador and spoke quietly

"we were not the best friends nor did we get along all the time" he sighed softly before continuing "you would push yourself too hard, in battle but also in the home. You were always trying so hard to fit in and be apart of everyone's day that you didn't realize you were from the first day. Even if you never said a single word you would still be family. I would still fight beside you despite our disagreements. You know I learned from you Dalf, I really did, and I will use my knowledge to help others and work for the continued success of the Guard. I know you are in a better place now and I hope you hear this so you know that I don't forgive you for what you did, because there is nothing that needs to be forgiven"

He bowed his head a moment in honor then stood up with his hands together, face down with eyes cloased. He spoke soft but with strength

"Lord, be with Dalfador and with those who have so loved him in this world.  Guide him to the light of Your eternal rest and peace, and console those of us who remain with Your strength and love.  May all of us use this difficult time to become a source of support and comfort for one another.  Amen."

He lingered for a moment longer before returning to his place in the pews. He felt weak in the legs and the heart. never thought to face loss like this within the group.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2012, 03:32:58 am »
Welcome HG_Initiate_Ragnar_TheGreat to the Holy Guard

Offline SteelFalcon

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Oda Nobunaga, Hykima, Tirnian, Fjarn, Madina, Tetsugai
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2012, 06:00:06 am »
+1
Guiscard slowly strode out into the courtyard. He had heard the news of Dalfador's death and had come to see the interment of the body. Though he was relatively new to the Guard his father had known him quite well. Guiscard remembered the stories Oda had told him when he was just a boy, stories of campaigns long past, stories of men wearing white and gold, fighting for God and honor.  Oda was known under a different name, but the man was the same. Prominent among these stories were the tales of cooperation, comradeship, and crisis between himself and a man who fought with fire and vigor, wielding his spear as an extension of his soul. The two had had their times of discord, their difficulties, and the times of troubles when each helped each other.  These two men had not always been the best of friends, but they were always brothers-in-arms.  Until this moment, seeing Dalfador with his honorary Holy Guard array and a memorial of white and gold beside him in his coffin, that these two men, his friend and mentor and his father's comrade from early days, were one and the same.  Stricken with this realization Guiscard dropped to his knees, awed at the connection that until this moment he had missed. Realizing what could have been, and realizing that it now could never be, he began to weep. Looking up through his tears he glimpsed the look of peace on the old soldier's face.  Suddenly a single piece of his father's stories clicks in, this man had always been searching for, and never finding, peace. As his tears slowly dried, Guiscard smiled sadly.  A great man had passed this day, but he had found what he was looking for.
   Rising slowly, Guiscard felt inspiration. This man's age was only 5 years past that of his father. With a sudden jolt, the man stretched before him shifted from Dalfador into an image of his father.  Suddenly terrified for his father's life, Guiscard turned and fled into his rooms, emerging a few moments later with his armor strapped on and his traveling equipment in tow. He strode determinedly toward the stairs to the Archon's office. It was time.
“You seem to be under the misconception that if you perform one brave deed, that alone makes you a samurai. Well it doesn't! You let that one act of loyalty convince you of your righteousness. The more convinced you became, the more harm you caused yourself and everyone else.”
~Miyamoto Musashi
"Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
~Robert Jordan

Offline SteelFalcon

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Oda Nobunaga, Hykima, Tirnian, Fjarn, Madina, Tetsugai
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2012, 06:06:00 am »
+1
Remembering his own initiation, Guiscard paused and turned away from his quest for just a moment, going to congratulate the newest arrival to the family. Catching sight of him in the halls, Guiscard steps forward and grasps his shoulder. He looks him in the eye and says with sincerity, "Welcome Ragnar! It is good to have a new addition to our family here! I hope to fight at your side soon, though I regret to say that first I have business far afield that I must attend. I wish you luck in the coming days, keep vigilant and keep hope. These men are good men, while some may not seem overjoyed to see you, may even seem annoyed that you are here, fear not, for they are kindly inside and will welcome you with open arms in the coming days. I hope that you find this to be as good a home as I have, for there is no place like it."
With this greeting, Guiscard continued his trek to the Archon's rooms.
“You seem to be under the misconception that if you perform one brave deed, that alone makes you a samurai. Well it doesn't! You let that one act of loyalty convince you of your righteousness. The more convinced you became, the more harm you caused yourself and everyone else.”
~Miyamoto Musashi
"Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
~Robert Jordan

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »
Moved Kalack, Max, and Truenn to INACTIVE.

If you guys are active, just PM me or post here and I will move you back - people that are inactive for a while will eventually be removed to keep our clan numbers accurate to who we actually have around.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:38 pm »
Also, Ithran has had some computer issues and might be MIA for a bit...

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 19, 2012, 09:27:29 pm »
Also, Ithran has had some computer issues and might be MIA for a bit...

hard core dislike

Offline Calford

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Vicar_Vlanear, HG_Female_Animal_Hybrid
« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2012, 02:15:35 am »
+1
hard core dislike

I feel you man, do you want me to hold you until he comes back? /bro hold slight homo
Vlanear, Vicar of the Holy Guard

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2012, 02:47:50 am »
+3

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:45:00 pm by Elindor »

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2012, 06:10:24 am »
+1
Hey, I'm back!!  :D

do you want me to hold you until he comes back? /bro hold slight homo

Cla........Claire............ You remove your hands from him right now, unless you'd like me to remove them with my sword. Is this understood??? GENRIC IS MINE, AND NO OTHERS!

"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."