Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 55971 times)

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - Open to Applicants
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2012, 01:51:26 am »
I doubt it's gonna be a huge thing because we all get on at different times but we can try it will be awesome.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:40 am »
Hey i am interested in joining. In game name is Tojo and i am currently looking for a new clan since the recent implosion of RedLotus.

Tojo
LVL:30.3 (should retire in a couple of days)
Gen: 2
Build: 18/18
Style: 2h/Arch (will be going pure 2h next gen.)

Personal Info
active: Most weeknights and A bit on weekend
steam ID: Magmashark

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2012, 03:56:18 am »
Send a message to Elindor with why you want to join and a little information about you.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Florent48

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Made in Quebec
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan McLaren
  • Game nicks: Kalack_McLaren
  • IRC nick: Cambronne
« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »
HG TOURNEY

(click to show/hide)

Fights will be best of 5.

We can do losers brackets too for more fun.

Is it finish? I would like to participate

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »
I think for the tourney thing, if you see the person you're supposed to fight against on the TS just go into NA3 and do your fights and report who wins to Dalf or Elindor or whoever is running it.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:49 pm »
+1
we talked about that and an officer needs to witness the duel just to be safe and avoid people saying things. Plus who doesn't want to watch these fights??
I'd like to witness all of them personally.

Offline Calford

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Vicar_Vlanear, HG_Female_Animal_Hybrid
« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2012, 08:14:56 am »
Is it finish? I would like to participate

you may fight in my place
Vlanear, Vicar of the Holy Guard

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »
you may fight in my place

I think Kalack should fight in all our places except Dalfador.

So basically Dalfador vs Kalack.....ready?  GO!
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »
Claire nooooo you have to fight, make a stf if you want.

Also Elindor I was thinking maybe we should hold like weekly or monthly tourneys for our members for fun or for small prizes.

Also for regarding our adept ranking maybe instead of just giving it to someone they have to go through a bunch of trials or a gauntlet to test themselves to see if they are worthy of it before it can be bestowed upon them.

I also think we should possibly have training days or time spent together training to improve combat prowess. We are understand the game for the most part but have a few weaknesses and I think if we spent time training we can work these weaknesses out of us and make us stronger for it. I for example am a sucker for holds so I need to spend time with someone to work these out so I don't fall for them any more with my two hander.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »
Pretty sure you already know this Genric, but wanted to share in case anyone doesn't.

There can be more than one member in the Adept rank - anyone whom I deem to be of a skill and combat control level of a certain kind.  So far this is Dalfador and could possibly be Kalack as well (but I need to see him more). 

It is our only "proficiency" rank - all the other member ranks are based around one's ability to function within the Order, loyalty to the Order, and ability to adhere to and demonstrate the Order's codes.  The officer ranks are reserved for those that show the initiative, discipline, and maturity for leadership.

Adept is in essence parallel with Guard, but with the added note for their combat prowess.  Adept is under Sentinel as far as clan hierarchy goes.

---

I am all about more training!  We should do that more - go ahead and kick stuff like that off if you are on and people are around.  I may be busy on and off for the next week or two coming up.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2012, 09:56:45 pm »
Pretty sure you already know this Genric, but wanted to share in case anyone doesn't.

There can be more than one member in the Adept rank - anyone whom I deem to be of a skill and combat control level of a certain kind.  So far this is Dalfador and could possibly be Kalack as well (but I need to see him more). 

It is our only "proficiency" rank - all the other member ranks are based around one's ability to function within the Order, loyalty to the Order, and ability to adhere to and demonstrate the Order's codes.  The officer ranks are reserved for those that show the initiative, discipline, and maturity for leadership.

Adept is in essence parallel with Guard, but with the added note for their combat prowess.  Adept is under Sentinel as far as clan hierarchy goes.

---

I am all about more training!  We should do that more - go ahead and kick stuff like that off if you are on and people are around.  I may be busy on and off for the next week or two coming up.

...What if we don't want to be adept anymore? I'm sick of feeling like I'm bragging or something, kinda wanna go back to normal ranks. Also it looks bad when you have adept before your name but you don't even go positive sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2012, 10:13:45 pm »
I understand that for adept I just mean put them to the test to make them adept so they are without a doubt combat proficient.

And Dalf have you been negative ever?
If anyone in the clan has the ability to be called adept it is you and I think you should keep the title. It is something earned and you should be proud of it.

The reason you ever go negative is, although you are a great duelest, I think you need practice on how to fight multiple opponents or choose when to fight a little better so you get into a good position rather then charge them all the time (not that you do that, just an example)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2012, 10:38:05 pm »
I understand that for adept I just mean put them to the test to make them adept so they are without a doubt combat proficient.

And Dalf have you been negative ever?
If anyone in the clan has the ability to be called adept it is you and I think you should keep the title. It is something earned and you should be proud of it.

The reason you ever go negative is, although you are a great duelest, I think you need practice on how to fight multiple opponents or choose when to fight a little better so you get into a good position rather then charge them all the time (not that you do that, just an example)

This.

Adept is a mark of one's individual skill as a duelist mostly.  They may or may not be great in siege/battle etc.
But yeah I could make you Guard again if you like :)

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2012, 01:07:14 am »
This.

Adept is a mark of one's individual skill as a duelist mostly.  They may or may not be great in siege/battle etc.
But yeah I could make you Guard again if you like :)

Yeah i wanna be guard again
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2012, 01:09:31 am »
What if I kept practicing and got really good would I become Sentinel_Adept? or once I pass the rank of guard then being adept is no improvement to my character? Is that rank just a way to skip a little higher in the ranking system by being good?
Just curious