Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 55974 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - Open to Applicants
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 07:55:16 pm »
This is interesting....quote from Paul (developer) about armor values and how they work:

It's rather complicated. There are two mechanics that make the armor value prevent damage, soak and reduce. Soak just takes away a fixed chunk of the incoming damage, no matter how strong a hit is. So it's the main reason why peasant attacks or sweetspot fails glance against plate. Reduce, which comes after soak calculation-wise, on the other hand removes a percentage of the incoming damage and thus the stronger the attack the more is prevented by the reduce mechanic.

The 3 damage types now behave differently(set in the module.ini with parameters) when handling soak and reduce. Blunt damage gets a bonus for overcoming soak and should in theory suffer less from glances with weak attacks than the other types. Pierce gets a bonus against reduce and so strong attacks against heavy armor  are weakened the least with this damage type(in theory). Cut sucks against both soak and reduce and is the worst type in terms of overcoming armor.

----

Anyway, this concept doesn't really work well because one armor value isn't really enough to put a significant difference between blunt and pierce. I'd rather have more than one (local) armor value for an armor to describe how good cut/pierce/blunt performs against it. Ideally the piece of equipment would get seperate cut, pierce and blunt (c/p/b) defense values. With that I could make maille armor (60/35/25) strong against cut while weak against pierce and blunt. Padded armor (25/20/40) could perform well against blunt and plate (75/65/55) could be good against anything.

It could be done with giving an armor two new attributes,  the pierce and blunt multipliers. A default value of 100 for both would mean no difference for handling the different damage types(for example40/40/40). 50 for pierce and 75 for blunt here would lead to (40/20/30). In the damage calc it would check what type the incoming damage is and take the related armor type multiplier from the armor. With that we could get rid off the global soak and blunt multipliers from the damage types that are used to set cut/pierce/blunt apart at the moment.

So, backs up what WaltF4 had said...

Basically if you dont have a high dmg output, blunt is your best bet against armored opponents because you wont glance as much.
If you have a decent to high dmg output, then pierce technically is reduced the least vs high armored opponents.
Cut is not great at all vs high armor, but cut weapons are faster generally...(although some pierce weapons are pretty fast :( )
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2012, 07:23:31 am »
I am taken to bringing a mace with me around and it seems to help. Though I don't know the effects of carrying three weapons is on my speed haha.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »
Though I don't know the effects of carrying three weapons is on my speed haha.

Carrying a weapon just applies its weight to the effective wpf equation....so for 1h's its not much.  If you have it in your hand it has a different equation based on weight and length but then you're using it so its not such a big deal.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2012, 04:54:17 am »
+1
Promoting the following members from Sentry to GUARD
(replaced KNIGHT rank with GUARD rank - just renaming it to be more applicable)

- GenRic
- Dalfador
- Vlanear

And promoting Thraks to SENTRY rank

** Congratulations brothers of the Order **

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:48:24 pm by Elindor »

Offline Sir Gilinor

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • Death is Glory
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blades of Ouroboros
  • Game nicks: Norman_Ithran
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31:34 am »
+1
Congratulations to the fellow brothers. May your sword always stay sharp and your faith sharper.
"Deus, deduc armis semper saecula."

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2012, 12:34:55 am »
+1
     Walking slowly upon the walls with his spear Artanis watched the distance as the sun set just beyond the mountain behind, casting a long pointed shadow across the land before and into the distance.

"ARTANIS!" A warrior called from behind. Looking down the wall into the courtyard he saw Dalfador standing below him waving him over "We are being summoned" He turned and began to walk quickly toward the main prayer room.

'what could be the problem?' Artanis puzzled as he walked over the gates catwalk and followed the roofing toward the Monastery. He decided to hop down and go through the main entrance right after Dalfador. As he neared the doors he saw it was well lit and could hear muffled voices within, a dull roar from many whispers rather then people openly talking. It hushed when he entered and saw Dalfador standing before the archon with the figure known as Vlanear, a person he has had little time with and presumes it is a woman from the body but is unsure because of the facial wrappings. He took his place on the rightmost next to Vlanear.

The room was well lit with candles and the large cross behind the Archon glowed brightly and he spoke with an eerie echo
     "you three have proven yourselves time again in your loyalty and your resolve. I am presenting you three with the titles and responsibilities of Guard, of the Holy Guard. You are the line against injustice and the shield from evil. Take your vows with pride and do them with honor" He lifted his sword which glowed in the candles making it shine like it was a gift from the angels as Artanis took his knee

"Lord I shall offer myself as your shield to the people in these times of distress. I shall protect them from the arrows of harm and duress as them come from out enemies without and within us, I shall be your cuirass from hardship and pain. I Vow to protect all from the swords of the wicked and the spears of the unrighteous" As he bowed his head the sword touched both his shoulders and the Archon spoke with strength "Guard Artanis"
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »
Promoting Theseus to SENTRY rank! 

Also - reminder:  Alts can carry the HG tag (HG_NameHere) if they wish, but don't have to.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:17 am »
Changing Dalfador to ADEPT rank for being a sick son of a bitch at dueling :)

Congratulations Dalfador.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2012, 06:51:49 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2012, 08:08:13 am »
+2
All i see in this thread is scrubs and my old friendgy rp. I punched my neighbors kid when i read claires nonsense

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2012, 08:12:47 am »
...I punched my neighbors kid when i read claires nonsense

I'm sure that kid deserved it Dread.

Offline Calford

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Vicar_Vlanear, HG_Female_Animal_Hybrid
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2012, 09:11:58 am »
+1
All i see in this thread is scrubs and my old friendgy rp. I punched my neighbors kid when i read claires nonsense
I'm gonna be writing more a little later on, but now I'm a little concerned for the kids sake, will you be punching all the neighborhood kids, or just his, I mean I would feel awful to be partly responsible for the death of that poor kid.
Vlanear, Vicar of the Holy Guard

Offline genric

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »
When I come to visit your thread I see Elindor has collected some decent players who really enjoy playing this game, both playing inside Crpg but also enjoy hanging out outside as well. I'm so happy to see him doing so well in his Clan, I might even visit the TS sometime.
Translated from jersey to normal speech

Thanks dread, I miss you and was really upset when I heard you skipped out of the game. But it brought my heart joy to see you playing again, I wish to hear you deep resonating cynical angry voice again so I hope you do visit. Take care buddy.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2012, 08:47:31 am »
 :shock:

(click to show/hide)

(either DX7 or just being on the server late at night cleared up my recent stuttering issue for the moment at least) :)
and yes, genric....2H is OP
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:51:37 am by Elindor »

Offline Keslord

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »

Quoted for truth.