Author Topic: Siege equipment issues  (Read 769 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Siege equipment issues
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:05:51 am »
+1
1) Rubberband/trampoline/falling through equipment.
This happened as I was attempting to walk up ladders and ramps in separate sieges. The first time was at the Jeirbe castle siege, where a small siege tower was built. As I walked across the lowered ramp, I would bound up and down through the model and all the way down below the ground, graphically, but I was evidently still walking across the ramp in-game. As I crossed onto the other side on the walls I resumed walking normally. The second time was in Ayyike; I believe it was a medium or small wooden ladder, and I have some screenshots of this occurrence:
(click to show/hide)
Again, it only happened as my character would've been standing on top of the ladder. The moment I moved onto either the ground or the roof it stopped. There was a similar issue before I used the beta client on NA1 with some random plains maps bugging in this way for the entire server, when people moved into the water (or terrain lowered to water level).

edit: It also didn't happen on every ladder used in the fight. It seemed to start happening at a midway point into it, and then kept happening for the rest of the ladders that got put up.

2) Could not target construction material on the ground to pick it up. There were arrows in the ground that'd been shot from a castle wall that were angled such that they were directly over the material from my line of sight, if that had something to do with this. I can't equip a bow.

3) A weapon rack that I was using previously started displaying "construction site: Weapon Rack [5/5]" and I could not use it at any angle. I don't believe it was damaged enough to have been broken.
Screenshot:
(click to show/hide)

crpg_beta_config.ini: http://www.mediafire.com/?xstxg1lzpaa1s4n
crpg_beta_log.txt: http://www.mediafire.com/?7iebckz5j0p736y
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:14:09 pm by Canary »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Siege equipment issues
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
2) and 3) should be fixed in next update.
1) might be a server bug, did others see you glitching or only you?

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:01:49 pm »
+1
No one else mentioned seeing it happen in either battle, so I am not sure. I didn't see anyone else having any issues, either.

Offline Para

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Para_KUTT, Slut_KUTT, Upper_KUTT, Ballmeat_KUTT, Ballmeat_Sandwich
  • IRC nick: Para_
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »
I see 1) happen all of the time when my clan builds equipment in siege, it is indeed a server side issue. To my knowledge it happens when you place siege equipment on a part of the map that has multiple vertical levels. If you place a csite on the upper floor, the area on the floor directly beneath it starts causing these rubberbanding issues.
Woozle wuzzle?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:49:50 am »
Fixed in 30.07.15. If it happens again, open a new thread.