Author Topic: 2handers guide  (Read 23086 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: 2handers guide
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2011, 11:03:17 am »
Um the runturnaroundslash thingy is actualy quite predictable, i always expect it. And imo most better players expect it also.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2011, 12:07:21 pm »
Um the runturnaroundslash thingy is actualy quite predictable, i always expect it. And imo most better players expect it also.
I always expect it but still it sometimes gets me. Fast players with fast weapons that execute this move are pretty hard to block cause you have mere milliseconds to react. Even though its becoming a known thing, it still works.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2011, 12:10:26 pm »
It's not really that difficult. It's pretty much the same as normal chambering, you just need to be very slightly faster. But it's just useless. Why would you ever want to chamber a held attack? You wouldn't. You can just attack them instead. Only time I can think of where chambering held attacks is good is when you see someone run at you with their attack held and you wanna show how pr0 you are. Or as Bjord mentions, if you got someone's timing down you can attack them and count on your chamber to get them.. but then again you could just spam them a bit before that instead. Related to that actually, most people have predictable patterns and so after a few exchanges I can usually guess when they're gonna feint and then spam them to death. Followed by "OMG NOOB SPAM" of course.

Well nothing is difficult with enough practice. It is still the most difficult technique because the timing is variable.

There are also different type of delay attackers:
Those that hold their attack for 0.1 - 0.5 seconds (These are the hardest in the game to chamber imo)
Those that hold their attack for 0.5++ seconds (Easier to chamber)

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2011, 06:38:24 am »
2 handers is the way to life.  :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:40:12 am by Joseph »
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:14 pm »
These 2 videos should get you started, I strongly recommend watching them:

Mount & Blade Warband melee Tutorial by reapy
Mount & Blade Warband TDM runs by reapy

In close to one year of cRPG, i never ever saw thoses videos !  :shock:
Thanks a lot, they're definitely awesome.
(so that's the stun people are complaining about from polearms)

I must admit i never used a kick, but i'll start practicing it. Shielders, fear me !
Awesome fist chamber at the end of the melee Tutorial.  :mrgreen:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »
My epic 2H move:

Get into a fight, then run away. Make sure they're chasing you, then start a swing, turn around and dive back into the enemy, chopping their head off. Works especially well when another enemy comes to chase as well, and you suddenly go for him. I use a Heavy Bastard, and it's like swinging a razor-edged wiffle bat. I've mowed down four or five people this way - unpredictability is key.

I usually don't follow people straight behind them for that reason. Also, I doubt it works against shielders.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2011, 05:14:45 pm »
There's no trick that beats them all, and the more you use a distinctive move the easier it will be for people to spot them.

In other words, general skill in cRPG is increasing. You have to play rock-scissor-paper like a baller now!
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »
Are there tips for blocking direction controls, like high or low mouse speed and what not? Often I'll intend to move the mouse Left for a block but it will go Down instead. I don't know if it's sloppy mouse movement or my ping. I know my 100 + ping will do funny things to my blocking attempts as if there's a delay and my initial move Left goes for a moment but my next mouse movement will register instead making the block go a different direction.

Same happens with ladders sometimes. I place them, turn to go behind it and suddenly the ladder is deployed 90* from where I first aimed due to lagging (same idea for blocking).

Is it better to hold a block (mouse button down) and switch from there, or block, release the button and wait for the next attack. I guess it would vary depending on the circumstance, though, and trying to bait an attack swing.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »
Are there tips for blocking direction controls, like high or low mouse speed and what not? Often I'll intend to move the mouse Left for a block but it will go Down instead. I don't know if it's sloppy mouse movement or my ping. I know my 100 + ping will do funny things to my blocking attempts as if there's a delay and my initial move Left goes for a moment but my next mouse movement will register instead making the block go a different direction.

Same happens with ladders sometimes. I place them, turn to go behind it and suddenly the ladder is deployed 90* from where I first aimed due to lagging (same idea for blocking).

Is it better to hold a block (mouse button down) and switch from there, or block, release the button and wait for the next attack. I guess it would vary depending on the circumstance, though, and trying to bait an attack swing.

Sounds like it's mostly the lag that's your issue. Can't do anything beside learning how to play with it, I suppose. As for the sensitivity, I keep a rather high one. You'll learn the finesse of it as you go. You want to be as flexible as possible.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.