Author Topic: Crafting  (Read 944 times)

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Crafting
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »
So, what's the deal with crafting? I was playing as a jeweler and artificer, but I think everything I crafted wasn't any better than the things I had already found. Well, except in cases where I had no equipment like rings and earrings...

I'm not sure if the level of stuff you craft is based on your character level or your crafting level... but it seems the loot I find is generally close to my current character level and often with nice bonuses. Or I can buy better stuff with karma. The stuff I was able to craft didn't seem to be selling for much on the player trade market either. So I'm not sure what the benefit of crafting is.

Won't you eventually reach a point where you've crafted the best thing you can use and so you'll only craft things to sell? And then won't there be an abundance of top level crafted items on the market? I was thinking it might be a good idea to be a chef just for this reason, since the food items are the only things that are consumable and so will be useful to continue to create forever. Am I missing something here?

Also, I've gotten some rather nice items using that mystic forge (the fountain in the middle of the trader/crafting area) in lion's arch. I just throw in even crappy items, and I get an item that is quite good for my level. Supposedly, using rarer items increases the chances for a better item returned, but I generally have at least 2 blue items in the mix without even trying.