Author Topic: newbie question thread  (Read 8599 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: newbie question thread
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:26 am »
how does direct chat work, just in certain radius, how big one?
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »
how does direct chat work, just in certain radius, how big one?

No you can't remove the spam on the left side of the screen. Though some servers have settings that minimize the amount you see.

Direct chat is only seeable/hearable with in a certain small radius, 10-30 meters I believe. I would test this out on your own the next time your playing though. I just generally use TS.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:31 pm »
1 more thing, me and 2 my friends we all had looted watches. the problem was that while i had 21:00 the other guy had about 19:15 and the last one had half past four in the afternoon. Everybody from us had not only different time but we also saw different daytime (quite surprising we all played from the same ip and logged about the same time). How was that possible?
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Goldor

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: America the Vulnerable
  • Game nicks: Goldor
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:12 am »
1 more thing, me and 2 my friends we all had looted watches. the problem was that while i had 21:00 the other guy had about 19:15 and the last one had half past four in the afternoon. Everybody from us had not only different time but we also saw different daytime (quite surprising we all played from the same ip and logged about the same time). How was that possible?

Dysnced with the server to differing degrees. When the red or yellow link is showing up your desynced with the server and not moving at the proper time. Also your lagging and some one that isn't desynced could be standing in front of you and killing you and you would have no idea until you fell over dead.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »
is this map up to date? http://www.teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

i'm asking because in description of stary sobor on dayz wiki it says there is a military camp and church - but its not marked as a resource on this map.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:17 pm »
is this map up to date? http://www.teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

i'm asking because in description of stary sobor on dayz wiki it says there is a military camp and church - but its not marked as a resource on this map.

Yeah it is but don't think military camps are marked on the map anyway (the one between Balota and Cherno isn't marked either). Anyway, the military camp is just above the big square on the east side of Stary Sobor (below the letter "r" in "Stary Sobor")

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »
That map is "up-to-date" but it definitely doesn't have all the locations. It's player made and is based on feedback by players, not any actual data.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »
are so called bandits actual players? or bots with guns?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 03:35:03 pm »
Players.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 03:48:01 pm »
how to improve performance? because i got like 9 to 21 fps  and everything is on minimum... :(
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »
how to improve performance? because i got like 9 to 21 fps  and everything is on minimum... :(

view distance (think it's called "Range" in options) on a low value too?

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 03:53:45 pm »
yep  also on minimum     and how to do stuff like saluting and siting on your ass   i have seen people to do such things.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »
yep  also on minimum     and how to do stuff like saluting and siting on your ass   i have seen people to do such things.

check your keybindings (millions of keybinds tbh) in options and see what key you have assigned for Salute and Sit

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 04:43:14 pm »

Are you playing with the 1.7.0 patch + ARMA II beta patch? Both of those combined really helped many people, especially ATI card users, improve their framerate.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
yes i am