Author Topic: Gold and XP Gain  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: Gold and XP Gain
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:10 am »
+1
No. It's been tried in the past, and just leads to people TKing each other even more than the current state of the game as they try to get bonus xp/gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:43 pm »
With the old xp system and no upkeep it would have been terrible idea, but things have changed with the patch. Right now there is really no way for anybody to constantly upkeep plate armor and other more expensive items. System like this, what would also reward players for for their personal kills actually might have it's benefits.

Some of the more skilled players could actually afford more expensive items and with the upkeep, others would be forced back to low-medium gear, with new xp and gold system it is a lot easier for other players to catch up so there would not be just few veteran players slaughtering everybody. You should not really be able to make loads of cash with it in higher gear, just give you a chance to get barely enough money for upkeeping your really expensive gear if you keep up the good performance. The more expensive gear you have, the better you would need to perform to constantly upkeep it. (Obviously it would be easier to get kills in better gear)

You would be able to stack up gold a bit easier while playing in lower level gear but you can pretty much do it already, just takes more time (this would also make it easier for other player to catch up to those who already have better items). It also might remove some of the naked leechers when you can actually get some rewards for kills.

The reward for killing someone should depend on their level and total worth of their gear. (don't  know if you can actually implement the last one) We would also need to have TK penalty again.

Ofcourse there would be problems with this system. Players would just hunt for kills, not caring about their team and i don't think it would actaully work out that well in the end. I personally just don't see that many options to make some of the players actually be able to get higher gear while not making everybody able to use it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:06:14 pm by Cyber »

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »
+1
I still don't understand why any reward should be linked to being the deliverer of the final blow to an enemy. For one, gold and XP gain are now based on the duration of the round, distributed by "ticks" every minute or so. Secondly, kills in of themselves are the greatest reward. There is a measure of personal satisfaction when a player meets or surpasses the expectations he or she sets based on his or her skill level, level, and equipment. Kills don't need to have any more incentive. Being on the top, near the top, or even just having a positive K:D ratio is enough motivation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 01:30:29 pm »
It should not, but i don't think there is any other way to reward players for their personal performance.

System like this would also give some more hard-core players more reason to play. Right now the win/loss percentage should stay around 50/50 no matter how good you are, if not then the autobalance is not doing It's job. I can understand how that can demotivate some of the players. When they perform well they would get rewarded and would be able to use more expensive gear, while game would still not feel like a grind and it would not be that hard for other players to catch up.

Anyway i understand that something like this is probably never going to get implemented in the mod and would probably not work out that well but it would have some benefits.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:33:19 pm by Cyber »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:14 pm »
+1
To emphasize on tactical gameplay and fighting group skill, I think giving more gold for a large victory instead of a Phyrric one should be implemented first. Before thinking about personal kills (which is a good suggestion too).

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »
I'm talking about the general phenomenon of actively and deliberately searching for peasants to kill. Finding obviously much weaker players, and killing as many of them as possible

Isn't this just called cav?