Author Topic: ArcheAge  (Read 74425 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ArcheAge (EU Closed Beta)
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2014, 04:21:53 am »
first 10 levels pretty fun, game is well made doesn't feel grindy. you get a horse a boat early on, no zones/instances, quests dont ask you to kill tons and you can hand in early. compare this to like wildstar/tera/wow etc. where you need to slow walk everywhere and kill 100s of monsters.

I mean the themepark stuff isn't what Im interested in the game for, but gotta say its better done than most themeparks (maybe not as good overall as gw2's quests)

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2014, 09:40:07 am »
whelp got to farming quest and then went to try and place scarecrow "free accounts cannot do this"

so basically this game is not actually free to play, if such a large, core and most interesting part of the game (land ownership/farming/housing/crafting etc.) is completely off limits.

wow. I've heard people whine about labour points and the cashshop, but why does no one point this out in caplock...

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2014, 10:56:49 am »
Trying it out with my friend as we both got invites this weekend.

Pros -

- I really like the mounts and how they follow you/gain experiance.
- The game looks really good.
- A lot of different classes, I'm personally playing a Vitalism/Sorcery/Auramancy (anyone know if this is viable?)
- I've only reached level 10 but it doesn't seem stupid grindy, I'm playing a Firran atm.

Cons -

- The Cash Shop appears to have some new additions apparently such as the regrade stones which I EXTEREMLY disagree with but apparently they were recently added so they might be testing the idea. I personally think it has no place due to the game already having Labor Points and locked features unless you pay monthly. I'm completely fine with the mounts/cosmetics and shit like that, as long as mounts/gliders don't got OP skills.
- Mouse sensitivity when you hold down right click seems fucking odd meanwhile the cursor feels fine when you're not holding down right click (on a side note I couldn't find anything that would allow me to change my mouse sensitivity).
- I have a pretty good computer and I notice on High I get about 60-70fps, I have no idea how this will preform in huge PvP battles/sieges but I can't imagine it being good.
- Having to spend LP to open pouches/identify stuff is fucking retarded, ESPECIALLY when it quest rewards. I could MAYBE understand it if it was some epic random drop but quest rewards reward you with unidentified equipment.

Hey Vibe (or anyone else who knows their archeage stuff) could you answer some questions for me?

1. Housing, is there limited spots? Me and my friend ran by some houses and noticed their was a limited area, what happens if this fills up? Also, can you place your houses anywhere/extensions in the area or are they plots?

2. Were playing the Firran, at level 10 and have yet to find a Glider, did we miss it? (just left starting zone).

3. Hows the PvP in this game? Thats the main attraction for me.

4. Healing, I noticed with the 2 skills I got they fucking suck. I just got the HoT heal which is 18 a tick meanwhile my friend has like 2k health. Is healing shit or does it just scale better later on?

5. What happens if I want to respec how does that work?

Thanks!

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »
Y GW2 combat sucks ass compared to ArcheAge
Yeah,no. the only decent thing in gw2 is the combat system at least is a good way to improve mmo combat system(could be better obviously), the archeage is just the old style crap. Imo by the way.
And bd will be more sanbox then archeage for sure, archeage has sandbox feautures only if u pay anyway.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »
Trying it out with my friend as we both got invites this weekend.

Pros -

- I really like the mounts and how they follow you/gain experiance.
- The game looks really good.
- A lot of different classes, I'm personally playing a Vitalism/Sorcery/Auramancy (anyone know if this is viable?)
- I've only reached level 10 but it doesn't seem stupid grindy, I'm playing a Firran atm.

Cons -

- The Cash Shop appears to have some new additions apparently such as the regrade stones which I EXTEREMLY disagree with but apparently they were recently added so they might be testing the idea. I personally think it has no place due to the game already having Labor Points and locked features unless you pay monthly. I'm completely fine with the mounts/cosmetics and shit like that, as long as mounts/gliders don't got OP skills.
- Mouse sensitivity when you hold down right click seems fucking odd meanwhile the cursor feels fine when you're not holding down right click (on a side note I couldn't find anything that would allow me to change my mouse sensitivity).
- I have a pretty good computer and I notice on High I get about 60-70fps, I have no idea how this will preform in huge PvP battles/sieges but I can't imagine it being good.
- Having to spend LP to open pouches/identify stuff is fucking retarded, ESPECIALLY when it quest rewards. I could MAYBE understand it if it was some epic random drop but quest rewards reward you with unidentified equipment.

Hey Vibe (or anyone else who knows their archeage stuff) could you answer some questions for me?

1. Housing, is there limited spots? Me and my friend ran by some houses and noticed their was a limited area, what happens if this fills up? Also, can you place your houses anywhere/extensions in the area or are they plots?

2. Were playing the Firran, at level 10 and have yet to find a Glider, did we miss it? (just left starting zone).

4. Healing, I noticed with the 2 skills I got they fucking suck. I just got the HoT heal which is 18 a tick meanwhile my friend has like 2k health. Is healing shit or does it just scale better later on?

Thanks!

1. homes and farms can be built in designated areas. Check the map - housing province
2.  quest in Ironclaw mine (tigerspine m)
3. right clicm on ur friend and offer duel to him and try it )
4. u can try use combos but 1st 2 skill is sucks )) u will get good skill on 45lvl
5. i dont know english well to explain XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

1. homes and farms can be built in designated areas. Check the map - housing province

forgot to mention that you can't do any of that as a free player. I know i've already whinged about it in this thread, but your post is a pretty good example of how people seem to constantly gloss over this huge deal breaker.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2014, 04:37:54 pm »
Cons -

Thanks!

For your cons:
- For cash shop items I'm pretty sure they're just trying how far they can go with it. The recent additions to it have caused a MASSIVE uproar on forums so I'm 100% sure they won't keep this crap in.
- Never had trouble with mouse sense, never felt different with holding down rmouseclick
- LP for identifying quest items is GOING AWAY. I've already said this a couple of times in this thread :P

As for your questions:
1. Pretty much every zone has a designated housing area, as well as the North Continent, but that's another story. If a zone fills up you'll have to wait for the space to become free or for someone to sell you land (or go somewhere else). You can place your house/farm anywhere inside that area, they're not actually pre-set plots.
2. I think Vovka answered that one for you, never played Firran, but you get gliders via a quest.
3. It's good, imo. It's way more balanced for group PvP than for 1v1, though. You'll be encountering A LOT of PvP after you start hitting the PvP zones soon after lvl 30. All the sea stuff is all open PvP as well, as well as the North Continent.
4. Never played any healer but I've seen some videos and they can heal pretty good. A lot has to do with gear as well.
5. There's 2 types of respec, the first one is where you just reassing your skill points in your current 3 class trees, that one costs gold. The second one is when you switch one of your three classes, when you do that you'll have to level the new class tree up. If you switch all 3 class trees, you'll have to level them all up to unlock skills (your character level remains though).

Yeah,no. the only decent thing in gw2 is the combat system at least is a good way to improve mmo combat system(could be better obviously), the archeage is just the old style crap. Imo by the way.

Just because you can move while casting doesn't mean the combat system is better. GW2 is just as much tab target as ArcheAge, with the addition of a dodge here and there that really doesn't change anything. All the spells in GW2 feel like they have no impact, no force behind it, no real "meaning", you're just running around and spamming shit as it comes off the cooldown, where as in ArcheAge each spell feels unique with it's own role and powerful, not to mention all the possible combos.

And bd will be more sanbox then archeage for sure, archeage has sandbox feautures only if u pay anyway.

Mind telling me why Black Desert will be more sandbox than ArcheAge? Because it just seems you're talking out of your ass. I'm hyped for Black Desert probably just as much as you but I like to stay objective and Black Desert, from the features that have been announced so far, is in fact LESS sandbox than ArcheAge. And you don't even know how the monetization will go for Black Desert, so that topic is moot.

whelp got to farming quest and then went to try and place scarecrow "free accounts cannot do this"

so basically this game is not actually free to play, if such a large, core and most interesting part of the game (land ownership/farming/housing/crafting etc.) is completely off limits.

wow. I've heard people whine about labour points and the cashshop, but why does no one point this out in caplock...

Banok, I think I've mentioned at least a few times in this thread that if you want to do serious sandboxing, you need to get Patron (premium) account. Nobody is trying to hide that fact.

If you're not premium:
- you can't own land and build houses(but you can use your friends land or just plant/farm in the wild (unsafe) - so it's not completely off limits, it's just harder for free players)
- your labour points regen slower and as of now, you don't get offline regen to labour points

That's the main stuff of it basically. It might seem unfair to free players, but if they allowed every free player to own land the game would have no more free space for housing in like 2 days, since the housing is all in the open world. That's why people are not talking much about this, everyone who knows how this game works already knows they can't give this stuff out for free.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:04:58 pm by Vibe »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2014, 04:45:16 pm »
also free players cant sell shit on  auction  :evil:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2014, 04:48:53 pm »
also free players cant sell shit on  auction  :evil:

Yeah that's one of the stupid choices they did, imo. They said it's because of the bots. You can unlock access to auction house selling (forever) for like 2€ I heard.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »
It's installed on my HDD but reading all this I don't feel like testing it.
Not to mention: I checked those prices on these Founder Packs or what they're called - ridiculous. :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2014, 05:45:24 pm »
It's installed on my HDD but reading all this I don't feel like testing it.
Not to mention: I checked those prices on these Founder Packs or what they're called - ridiculous. :?

Founder packs are a waste of money (also mentioned a couple of times in this thread :p). What makes you not want to test it otherwise?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2014, 05:48:26 pm »
It seems to have a pretty huge pay wall from the sound of it.
It sounds like a rather standard mmorpg with some nice ideas but the actual interesting stuff seems to be for money only. While I do not question that in general, I know that I won't spend any money. Doesn't seem to have point then...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »
It seems to have a pretty huge pay wall from the sound of it.
It sounds like a rather standard mmorpg with some nice ideas but the actual interesting stuff seems to be for money only. While I do not question that in general, I know that I won't spend any money. Doesn't seem to have point then...

Quite. I wouldn't really call it a pay wall, since you can climb over it, it's just much harder for free players. You can do farming, crafting, pretty much everything sandboxy as a free player (apart from owning land), but you're going to have a harder time than paying users (heck you could even earn enough gold and buy yourself the premium with ingame gold ala EVE but yeah).

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »
Quite. I wouldn't really call it a pay wall, since you can climb over it, it's just much harder for free players. You can do farming, crafting, pretty much everything sandboxy as a free player (apart from owning land), but you're going to have a harder time than paying users (heck you could even earn enough gold and buy yourself the premium with ingame gold ala EVE but yeah).

The EVE model is quite nice though, albeit not perfect of course.

ArcheAge's piracy thing always seemed like an interesting gameplay feature (and the one that would attract me the most) - hijacking peoples goods on the great sea, yay \o/

Do we have any successful pirates in here 8)?
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:46 pm »
+2
Do we have any successful pirates in here 8)?

does getting your ass robbed and your ship destroyed count? ;_;