Author Topic: Feedback...  (Read 7829 times)

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
Re: Feedback...
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 04:03:53 pm »
+1
I'm not sure why you say they are far superior ?

Bows still have higher accuracy and firerate. They only lost the damage race, which also makes sense considering the fact xbows always were better at piercing heavy armor than bows. XBows were also nerfed in terms of damage as well (and accuracy I might add, making xbow WPF a necessity now )

DUUUDE, i got 140 wpf in archery, i need 8 Wpf more wpf for 1 wpf in archery allready! And i cant hit a shit, not even on a close distance, and the firerate might be true, but if ur a tincan u wont take any dmg from archers anyway! i did hit a tincan 8 times yesterday, 140 wpf, PD 5 strongbow and bodkin arrows he still didnt die....

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 04:12:51 pm »
+1
chadz , where's the highlander outfit with the claymore? :wink:

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
+1
DUUUDE, i got 140 wpf in archery, i need 8 Wpf more wpf for 1 wpf in archery allready! And i cant hit a shit, not even on a close distance, and the firerate might be true, but if ur a tincan u wont take any dmg from archers anyway! i did hit a tincan 8 times yesterday, 140 wpf, PD 5 strongbow and bodkin arrows he still didnt die....

I was hitting tincans with 3 steel bolts from my heirloomed sniper pre patch without them dying sometimes. And now my xbow also does less damage.

It's nice, think about it, eventually (people still have stockpiles atm) there will be a LOT less tincans around (unless they use their fists for damage).

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »
+1
I was hitting tincans with 3 steel bolts from my heirloomed sniper pre patch without them dying sometimes. And now my xbow also does less damage.

It's nice, think about it, eventually (people still have stockpiles atm) there will be a LOT less tincans around (unless they use their fists for damage).

well that might be true, but anyway i need 4 arrows in a light padded armor shit....Terrible!

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »
+1
i only started playing a week ago and this new patch is in MY opinion pretty poor, its turned it into what you wanted to get away from the upkeep system is just not worth it, i have Byrnie(4k body armour), mailboots (3k foot armour), kettle helm (2k head armour) a board sheild(2k sheild) and a iron war axe(4k weapon) this is not top tier items in anyway yet in just 3 maps i had 20k less then what i started with i had an item break nearly every round and every other round it would break 2 or 3 things to make up for the times it didn't, so the only way i can keep playing with any equip is to either let it break and make it worthless or just leech naked so i can build up some cash to have a couple of games with items, its overkill atleast with the old system yeah you didn't gain much if you lost but you didn't lose everything.

In my eyes the patch only needed to:
* Put in the lvl cap and no wpf bouns from retirement ,that would make people have to choose between the best armour and and being fast with weapons maybe make armour reduce wpf a little more if it wasn't working that way.
*Make it so heavier armour slowed down horses, that would open up to faster cav taking down tank cav or choosing between own armour or horse armour.
* Limited arrows to 1 quiver, would make them take there time with shots not spam and choose between few good arrows or more crappy ones, though there were only a few archers that could get to the top of the scoreboard a sheild pretty much negated an archers effect.
*The old xp/gold system should of stayed it forced people to get close to the action, the xp rate from a match isn't much faster then what you'd get on a 120 cap server if you survived to near the end anyway could of done that by just removing the dying stopping you getting xp part or up the amount of time you still got xp for.
*Make sheilds effect on some shields to stop the tiny sheilds being able to stop shots(both melee and ranged) at the feet or head.

Hope people take away constructive critisim from this post and not just a whine, the great thing i liked about cRpg was the persistant character you got to create as it stands right now i have 2 persistant characters a naked leecher and the character i want to be.

Just on a note to the mod creators, I know this is a mod and FREE which i'm very thankful for, ofcourse its upto you and you're team on what the mod is and isn't my post is purely my own opinion and feedback which you can take anything or nothing from. Again thanks for the mod its great what you do for free.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:59:34 pm by Lamix »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 04:51:39 pm »
+2
What do I think is good :

- Archery (except the goblin animations)
- Active player setup
- Banner-wise autobalance (great !)
- Riding skill mechanics

What do I think is bad :

- Upkeep costs (WAY too high)
- XP cost progression (old system was better)
- Retirement (got nerfed to the dirt)

Finally, do the horses cost to upkeep ? It seems not...

Last minute : it seems there's a big problem with loot and repair

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »
+1
I like how everyone still thinks that there will be less tincans because of upkeep. I broke 120k gold in a light evening of playtime. People are starting to break 250k gold.

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 04:58:24 pm »
+1
I see in the future.....
This patch will ruin crpg
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 05:13:36 pm »
+1
The repair and upkeep system is definitely the worst part of the patch. But I absolutely LOVE the soft level cap and the way to get XP.
The 2h stab got a new horribly ugly-looking animation(No idea what the changes else about it is, if any), and the archers are a bit more well balanced in my opinion.

This makes cRPG the tactical gameplay it's never been before, since it's not just a big clusterfuck of people standing close to each other to get as much XP as possible. So as said, the only thing destroying this is the part where if you lose a round, you can lose the tons of gold you've used several hours to gain in seconds.

Last but not least, "banner-autobalance" - Totally making this a tactical gameplay, as clans usually uses the same banner. :D

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »
+1
Patch is perfect WITHOUT UPKEEP!
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 05:18:33 pm »
+1
Upkeep is one of the best parts of the patch, although it needs further balancing (eg. upkeep for horses as well which currently seems bugged, also perhaps less randomized and more consistent but less expensive damage, etc).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Kiriath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 05:22:41 pm »
+1

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 05:35:20 pm »
+1
I quote your post because i can show what i like and what not and how perception of the patch can differ.
Although i have to say that you have valid points.

i only started playing a week ago and this new patch is in MY opinion pretty poor, its turned it into what you wanted to get away from the upkeep system is just not worth it, i have Byrnie(4k body armour), mailboots (3k foot armour), kettle helm (2k head armour) a board sheild(2k sheild) and a iron war axe(4k weapon) this is not top tier items in anyway yet in just 3 maps i had 20k less then what i started with i had an item break nearly every round and every other round it would break 2 or 3 things to make up for the times it didn't, so the only way i can keep playing with any equip is to either let it break and make it worthless or just leech naked so i can build up some cash to have a couple of games with items, its overkill atleast with the old system yeah you didn't gain much if you lost but you didn't lose everything.

In my eyes the patch only needed to:
* Put in the lvl cap and no wpf bouns from retirement ,that would make people have to choose between the best armour and and being fast with weapons maybe make armour reduce wpf a little more if it wasn't working that way.

I also think that there should be a combination of Soft-Level-Cap and a true Hard-LvL Cap. I agree that changing the impact of weight on wpf could have been a different option to balance heavy Armors. Also possible: Give Armors negative attributes like Weapons have => Plates for example could reduce Athletics -2 on body and -1 for every other part. Full Plate users then had no more Athletics but could run into big fights without being to careful => Good in the big slaughterfest -> Bad in 1on1

*Make it so heavier armour slowed down horses, that would open up to faster cav taking down tank cav or choosing between own armour or horse armour.
I do agree with you in this point.

* Limited arrows to 1 quiver, would make them take there time with shots not spam and choose between few good arrows or more crappy ones, though there were only a few archers that could get to the top of the scoreboard a sheild pretty much negated an archers effect.

Maybee a good solution. Even better if Archers could change their used Ammo with x like some weapons switch style.

*The old xp/gold system should of stayed it forced people to get close to the action, the xp rate from a match isn't much faster then what you'd get on a 120 cap server if you survived to near the end anyway could of done that by just removing the dying stopping you getting xp part or up the amount of time you still got xp for.

I totally disagree at this point. It forced you to play defensive and stay with the group if you wanted some money. Flanking and Solocharges where you tried to get your team attacking were no option until you had so much money and xp you didnt have to care about anymore. The new Gold and XP system is one of the best thigns CRPG could happen.

*Make sheilds effect on some shields to stop the tiny sheilds being able to stop shots(both melee and ranged) at the feet or head.

Hope people take away constructive critisim from this post and not just a whine, the great thing i liked about cRpg was the persistant character you got to create as it stands right now i have 2 persistant characters a naked leecher and the character i want to be.

Just on a note to the mod creators, I know this is a mod and FREE which i'm very thankful for, ofcourse its upto you and you're team on what the mod is and isn't my post is purely my own opinion and feedback which you can take anything or nothing from. Again thanks for the mod its great what you do for free.

PS: I do think that changes i talked about now could also prevent a lots of people getting only the most expensive gear.
But i also do think that upkeep system with some surely needed tweaks could accomplish that as well.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »
+1
I'm no longer playing this mod till upkeep is lowered 3 rounds were enough to get why all the frustration....

Tried my xbow alt which is using "cheap" stuff I even bought hunting xbow to use cheap stuff, mail gloves cost to repair on 400, shield repair on 400, ecc ecc

Already lost 1k gold of what I had and these stuff are mostly crap.....

From a round x1 I managed to get 50 gold !!!! I lost 1k gold.

I may try lvl my thrower alt we'll see...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:57:56 pm by Vexus »

Offline crit1cal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »
+1
lost 10 lvl and all my points ... wtf