Author Topic: Random constant frezee.  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
Random constant frezee.
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:33:20 pm »
Does anyone know how to fix this damn crap!

I cant play*. My PC can run lots of modern games, so its not the cause.

I tried to run the game on the lowest available settings, tried to turn on and off various options.

I reinstalled it, I reinstalled mod, updated drivers, scanned hard disk, defragged it, and the game from steam. I did many things, and nothing works.

So far Im running this game on all graphic settings maxed, just AA is off. 

* I can, buts its like lottery. Start - frezee, start again - frezee, again - no frezee. I must starting and launching it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:36:11 pm by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Random constant frezee.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:37:20 pm »
need to be more specific with 'freeze'.

Is the entire game freezing and you have to restart game or reboot machine?

Is it like a 1/4-1/2 second pause like bad framerate even though a FPS monitor shows ok FPS?  How often does it occur?

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:38:33 am »
It frezee once and for all, everything, whole game. It just stop, but I hear sound in the background.. and the battle out there.

It happens randomly.

I have to restart the game, alt + tab sometimes fixes it, but its for couple seconds only, and when I alt + tab, I sometimes crash to desktop. I get only one kind of error mb_warband.exe. Typicall Win error. Application stopped working.

/Edit.

Need to add something. Warband is eating my PC. In the process tab mb_warband.exe uses 1.300.000+ of memory. I dont think its okay. I have never experienced any application to be that hungry! I have 2 GB of memory. Despite the settings I choose, it doesnt go much lower, just a bit. At first I thought its because graphic, but as I wrote previously, my testing shown that graphic is not the cause, then I blamed my internet connection, but I doubt its that.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:00:19 pm by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:18:36 am »
+1
Don't use textures load on demand and maybe try force single threading.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
Im not using load textures, didnt try forcing single core. I tried to set affinity core 0/1, no luck. Had strategus battle, I managed to hit once one enemy, and die once, whole time.. frezee, alt+tab to fix, frezee, and so on. I quit, and couldnt even start crpg (wich cause a lot of problems too), for 20 minutes!

/Edit.

Forcing single core = no changes. Still frezee. I think I run out of options.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:08:24 pm by Materia »

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:13:23 pm »
Force single threading in the launcher ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 11:23:00 pm »
Forcing single core = no changes.

Thats what you mean. We had the same thing on our mind, but with different name.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:15:17 am »
did you try the opposite of whatever you currently have set with 'load textures on demand'?

You would think with most computers you would NOT want this option, but so many awful unoptimized textures in this game so that most people have to keep that checked or they get very bad performance.  The side effect is bad 1-2 second freezes when someone new spawns in with textures that arent loaded yet.

Have you run windows update lately?  I know this mod ties into alot of .net microsoft junk.  May be worth a try.

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:21:11 am »
I did windows update, and got everything that was possible to get. Win XP Pro.

I think this system is messed up, since my user profile disappeared, some system voices dont work. It all has been reinstalled at the beginning of 2012.

Opposite, I guess so.

I did more testing in game. Again graphic on the lowest. Of course had a frezee, but for the first :!: time :!: it unfrezeed by itself, though game looks like some 90ties crap.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:23:00 am by Materia »

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:43 am »
I have Win 7 Home 64 bit / 4GB ram but on my laptop, wich is rather weak*.

*Intel Core i3 380M (2 cores, 2.53 Ghz)
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 / 512 MB memory
+ mentioned 4 GB memory

I bought it when going abroad. To have contact with people, play some games, use internet etc.

At home Im using desktop, its much better at everything.

I might buy another 1 x 2 GB (total would be 2 x 2 GB), but would that help.. since XP can use 3.25 - 3.5 GB.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:58:15 am by Materia »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:48 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19037.0.html

Try capping game's refresh rate to monitor's refresh rate. It worked wonders for me.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd