Author Topic: max level?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
max level?
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »
If i never retire can i level up to 50?

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: max level?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:25:57 pm »

Offline joey_bologna

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:37:38 pm »
There is no max, but each level takes twice as long as the last to lvl up. It would probably take you 500 years to get to level 50. Think the highest anyone has been is 35.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »
There is no max, but each level takes twice as long as the last to lvl up. It would probably take you 500 years to get to level 50. Think the highest anyone has been is 35.
There is a max, its 35.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »
Okay, has anyone even reached lvl 35? Kesh maybe? Someone who has could tell us the truth. I know the exp amount is too big to display on the "c" menu ingame after you've reached lvl 34, but what does the website say?
I don't see any reason for max level, since the formula for exp needed to level up changes so dramatically after level 30. Especially now that the exp bonus is capped. Someone farming his gear to MW and then selling the loompoints so he could be able to ride around in plate + heavy horse while using an xbow as a sidearm is far more effective than a player on level 36. And they both have earned roughly the same amount of xp.

On level 35 player has earned enough xp to retire 8 times. On level 36 he could have retired 16 times and so on. Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:57:55 pm by Lennu »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »
+1
Kesh did reach 35, we know this as fact. However... Kesh eventually respecced (And shattered any dreams of hitting 36) to full archer instead of half two hander and half archer, and is now back down to 34... But is still #1 for the amount of XP.

There you go.

Pre-XP nerf Kesh was Gen 90 or 91 (It started with a nine, I forget... exactly 10,000 xp per tick you do the math)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 12:05:19 am »
Kesh did reach 35, we know this as fact. However... Kesh eventually respecced (And shattered any dreams of hitting 36) to full archer instead of half two hander and half archer, and is now back down to 34... But is still #1 for the amount of XP.

There you go.

Pre-XP nerf Kesh was Gen 90 or 91 (It started with a nine, I forget... exactly 10,000 xp per tick you do the math)

So is level 35 is the max or not ? I really want to know because no one really tell the truth.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 12:26:59 am »
So is level 35 is the max or not ? I really want to know because no one really tell the truth.

35 is the soft cap (realistically you should consider level 34 your soft cap unless you are absolutely that dedicated to this game). It will take you a god-forsaken amount of time to ever go past that. I think level 40 is technically the hard cap where nothing is coded past that point, but I seriously would not plan for that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 12:28:21 am »
There is no hard cap on levels, but pretty much a soft cap (time to level gets into years basically). Since you need 3 levels to increase the cap on a skill its not really worth considering going very high. Look at this site, on the experience gain part (http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm) If you're new I would aim for a build for 30, but go to 31 then retire (+1 on your gear, +3 gloves and armour you get +10 body armour, or get like +3 damage +1 speed on a weapon). If you play casually or don't care about looms then make a build for whatever you like but be realistic. I believe the highest level character now is 35 and thats since the cRPG mod was released
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 12:35:25 am »
Yeah... Miley has never ever retired, is still gen 1 and is, I think level 34? Miley has been around a long time too...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 12:36:55 am »
Yeah... Miley has never ever retired, is still gen 1 and is, I think level 34? Miley has been around a long time too...

What if I play constandly 12 hours a day on levelling on gen 1? xD

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 12:40:36 am »
What if I play constandly 12 hours a day on levelling on gen 1? xD
On average, 9 hours per million xp. You can calculate the days required from there.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 12:55:53 am »
On average, 9 hours per million xp. You can calculate the days required from there.

Thanks, I also have some questions that i would like to ask because i cannot see the answers in other threads:

Q1) How can i trade with other players (Private trade? , like sending a item to a player without putting it on market place?)

Q2) How can I trade with my alts? Is that allow?

Q3) Can alts retire?

Q4) What is the advantage of making alts?

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 02:29:20 am »
+1
Thanks, I also have some questions that i would like to ask because i cannot see the answers in other threads:

Q1) How can i trade with other players (Private trade? , like sending a item to a player without putting it on market place?)

Q2) How can I trade with my alts? Is that allow?

Q3) Can alts retire?

Q4) What is the advantage of making alts?

1) You have to use the market

2) No, because alts can't use the market

3) Yes

4) What's the advantage of anything? Fun, I suppose would be the answer, or testing builds for your main.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 02:47:10 am »
1) You have to use the market

2) No, because alts can't use the market

3) Yes

4) What's the advantage of anything? Fun, I suppose would be the answer, or testing builds for your main.

If my alts can retire then can i tranfer the looms point to my main?