Author Topic: Multiaccounting  (Read 7097 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Multiaccounting
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »
It has come to our attention that several players are using two or more keys. I'd like to remind you that multi-accounting is forbidden in all cases, even when the keys are not used in Strategus.

Since many of you don't seem to be aware of this rule, you have a couple of days to remedy the situation by writing down the name of a character from each key and stating which one you want to keep. You can do it right here, or if you prefer anonymity, send me a PM.
Failing to do so will result in both keys being permanently banned. Don't even try the brother or friend excuse, we have ways to check and rule that out.

Don't forget to tell your clanmates/friends. If you have questions you can ask them here, spamming and trolling will get you muted.

Edit:
You are allowed to transfer money/looms to the main character you decide to keep.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:54:13 pm by cmpxchg8b »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Multiaccounting
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:16:33 pm »
I dont have two accounts, but I was wondering why exactly it is illegal?

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:06 pm »
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:22:03 pm by dado »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:24:54 pm »
Your point?
me and brother using 2 PCs on same router. he is Wolves_Idzo_the_Bandit , and my is Bandit_Dado_the_Angry.

2PCs = 2 cd keys = same router.

edit: my neighbour Bandit_elsupreme_the_gnjus sometimes play on my router... IRL friends

THIS FFS ...

now we all need to post this again if wont to be sure that we dont get baned...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:27:00 pm by dado »

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »
me and brother using 2 PCs on same router. he is Wolves_Idzo_the_Bandit , and my is Bandit_Dado_the_Angry.

2PCs = 2 cd keys = same router.

edit: my neighbour Bandit_elsupreme_the_gnjus sometimes play on my router... IRL friends

THIS FFS ...

now we all need to post this again if wont to be sure that we dont get baned...

I didn't ask people with brothers/friends playing at their home, I asked people who multiaccount.

Offline dado

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:03 pm »
I didn't ask people with brothers/friends playing at their home, I asked people who multiaccount.
ah kk my bad...  :oops:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »
Dunno if it includes me or not but i bought my mate Warband on steam and he only ever plays it once every few months when hes at my house. I make him use his account because he is a lazy **** who only skips the fun for a few mins/hours then gets bored.

My Main is ofc Osiris im not 100% sure what his is called but i guess i could make a hybrid for him to play instead of logging in on my comp

(just to note he never plays strat never actually plays much more then 5mins-1hour and im still not sure why its not allowed)

Its up to you if you belive the friend "excuse" as you put it but meh if i was going to use and abuse another account i would do it more then once every few months. I have tried many times to make him play but he isnt much of a grind monkey :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »
I'll say it again, this is only for those who have multiple accounts.
You don't? You're ok, no need to post here.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 11:55:34 pm »
I am curious how you differentiate besides IP.

I live at a dorm with more than 400 residents all sharing the same fixed external IP. I know of at least 3 that plays the game however they are both inactive. I cannot however say for sure if more are playing. It would not be entirely unlikely.

If I find my account banned I'll contact you.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:27 pm »
I have two accounts and I believe I got banned from Strategus as it's completely fucked right now.
I used one for a bit but then never touched it again (Klassic_Flook_ATS) which can be banned forever since I don't use it. (Lost my CD key for my original one for awhile so used my brothers who doesnt play)
However Noobie_ATS is my main and remains the same.

(I am a big cheater)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:05:36 am by SuperNewb »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 12:48:54 am »
+2
I think you wouldn't be bothered by people posting how their brothers/friends/neighbours use the same IP if YOU would bother to explain how you want to differ those from multi accounters... if people knew how, they would know if they need to inform you or not. But as long as you play the allmighty, allseeing eye, people will be insecure.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:30 am »
I think you wouldn't be bothered by people posting how their brothers/friends/neighbours use the same IP if YOU would bother to explain how you want to differ those from multi accounters... if people knew how, they would know if they need to inform you or not. But as long as you play the allmighty, allseeing eye, people will be insecure.

Fantastic idea. Especially the fact that it teaches all multi-accounters how to evade it.
How about thinking before throwing accusations around? Especially if it's something you don't know shit about.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 01:02:47 am »
I expected something like this. But then I thought: "Hey, if there was something he mustn't tell them, he would know that people needed this info to know whether they need to post or not. So he wouldn't be pissed about people who posted without need."...  :(

And the fact, that you must not tell the information how you differ multi accounts from multiple people playing the same game, as it could be faked by those multi account users shows that your system is not really reliable, doesn't it?  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:51 am »
+1
I expected something like this. But then I thought: "Hey, if there was something he mustn't tell them, he would know that people needed this info to know whether they need to post or not. So he wouldn't be pissed about people who posted without need."...  :(

And the fact, that you must not tell the information how you differ multi accounts from multiple people playing the same game, as it could be faked by those multi account users shows that your system is not really reliable, doesn't it?  :?

Joker, I don't think you know how stuff like this works (I might be wrong, but that's my impression), because it's kinda obvious that we don't have a system that can tell you that stuff with absolute certainty - if we did, we'd probably be rich (or in jail for breaking over 9000 privacy laws). However, what we can do is pretty effective as long as people don't know the exact procedure... and they can't find it out it by trial and error, because we ban at random times, not at the exact moment one uses his second account.
Sorry if I was a little bit rude, but it annoys me when people make accusations without knowing all the details.

Unrelated:
2 people already muted for spam/trolling. Good job guys, keep going!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:19:14 am by cmpxchg8b »