Author Topic: Attack on Emirin!  (Read 9353 times)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
Re: Attack on Emirin!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 01:11:00 am »
  :P :P :P the most stupid things ^^
What will you feel if you woke up tomorrow to discover that all village belong to the Templar and chadz will tell you: Do not pay attentions guys, you would have lost anyway.  :P

This bug has stolen the pleasure of a good battle, for which many have spent time and effort. (check equipment list and count gold for all this stuff XD)
Well as i say before you knowingly attacked even tho you had the experience in Strategus to know you would not succeed. as posted on other thread, we win tomorrow or the day after and so on...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 01:27:29 am »
+1
Soon will come the moment of payment for the meanness and audacity. Now just waiting for a response of developers.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 01:28:31 am »
Our defeat was merely a delay, heretics!
Turtles

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 01:42:54 am »
our battle was clearly bugged, i hope devs will do something about it
when UIF looks at you

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 01:50:38 am »
our battle was clearly bugged, i hope devs will do something about it

Al_Adin strikes again!!
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 02:40:34 am »
+2
Gingerpussy states that alot of defenders, saw the withdraw message.. yet there's no screenshots of it.. nor did they charge us right away.. even tho we only had 10 players left. I quess none of them seen shit, and figured out somewhat later that we werent respawning anymore.

None of the attackers saw a message about a retreat. We only saw a spam message where it said:" a flag has been lost.

The battle was crawling with devs and admins.... yet none of them have said anything about it. Im suprised if none of them could have already read the logs. And figured out what happend.

I am 100% sure, nothing of any kind of retreat message popped up for the attackers.

Also, i say it again. There's been 100's of strat battle's before... and this bug has never occured, except for when its Mercs last stand.. and a bunch of developers fighting the battle.

Im starting to find this all very very dodgy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:42:05 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 02:44:06 am »
Gingerpussy states that alot of defenders, saw the withdraw message.. yet there's no screenshots of it.. nor did they charge us right away.. even tho we only had 10 players left. I quess none of them seen shit, and figured out somewhat later that we werent respawning anymore.

None of the attackers saw a message about a retreat. We only saw a spam message where it said:" a flag has been lost.

The battle was crawling with devs and admins.... yet none of them have said anything about it. Im suprised if none of them could have already read the logs. And figured out what happend.

I am 100% sure, nothing of any kind of retreat message popped up for the attackers.

Also, i say it again. There's been 100's of strat battle's before... and this bug has never occured, except for when its Mercs last stand.. and a bunch of developers fighting the battle.

Im starting to find this all very very dodgy

typical Jambi :D

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 12:19:14 pm »
+1
The timer thing IS an issue.

While you could argue "get skilled l33t peoples HURR-DURR", that really doesn't apply since as a defender I can just fill my roofs with ranged and go "what the fuck you gon' do now, BITCH?" with my 5k tickets and just wait out the timer.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 12:40:34 pm »
+1
The timer thing IS an issue.

While you could argue "get skilled l33t peoples HURR-DURR", that really doesn't apply since as a defender I can just fill my roofs with ranged and go "what the fuck you gon' do now, BITCH?" with my 5k tickets and just wait out the timer.

That is a very good point. Without scaling and with 5k+ troops on defender there is no way to win for the attacker. It is simply impossible to kill 5k troops within the given time limit, no matter how good the attackers are.

One can say "make several attacks with smaller forces". But this is based on the assumption that the first attacks will not be successful, but aimed in bleeding the defenders out. However, in the current loot system each time the defender wins due to the time out it gets +/-100% of eq of the attacker and portion of its troops. Therefore each such attack makes the defender stronger, not weaker.

As of now the best deference tactics is to keep large amounts of troops. The eq and skill does not matter really, is is a question of time only.  The upkeep for such army is substantial, however if it is kept in the location and the team of people crafts goods and sells on spot - it is possible to upkeep such troops without any major problem.

The solution i can see - scaling kicking in in smaller battles.

And - as usual - MORE XP IN STRAT BATTLES!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:43:49 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 01:26:59 pm »
That is a very good point. Without scaling and with 5k+ troops on defender there is no way to win for the attacker. It is simply impossible to kill 5k troops within the given time limit, no matter how good the attackers are.

One can say "make several attacks with smaller forces". But this is based on the assumption that the first attacks will not be successful, but aimed in bleeding the defenders out. However, in the current loot system each time the defender wins due to the time out it gets +/-100% of eq of the attacker and portion of its troops. Therefore each such attack makes the defender stronger, not weaker.

As of now the best deference tactics is to keep large amounts of troops. The eq and skill does not matter really, is is a question of time only.  The upkeep for such army is substantial, however if it is kept in the location and the team of people crafts goods and sells on spot - it is possible to upkeep such troops without any major problem.

The solution i can see - scaling kicking in in smaller battles.

And - as usual - MORE XP IN STRAT BATTLES!!!
This is not the case. Holding large amount of troops are not possible in this strategus, and you guys know that you are talking about a village ? don't forget the 4 hour battles in sieges (easy kills a large large army). Scaling was not cool at all. don't u guys remember the buy 10 construction sites and you get 1 only ? And how many time will you see this large troop amounts attacking and defending a village fief ? most likely not many times. When it does its simple, use a smaller force fight to last man and retreat when like 5 tickets left. yeah u loose the stuff you haven't used, but that's up to you.

this tho i agree
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:28:05 pm by Gingerpussy »

Offline moorane

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Moratai
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:41 pm »
Sucks if you lost your troops/equip due to a bug.

A solution to the "autoloss" of big (attacking) armies would be to split the army in a small attack force, lets say 1000 troops, and attack the enemy so long with armies of that size until his troop count is down to a level where you could actually win in one big push. Would be even more "realistic" (yeah, I know, game=/realism, but still ;)) with more attack"waves" than one big battle...

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 01:43:28 pm »
Time for new tactics,

so i sent wave after wave of my own men at them

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 02:04:08 pm »

Show me the battle where that worked against Drz/Grey-Ranged and I will applaud you.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 02:04:22 pm »
Timer needs to stay alright, (noone wants the 10 hr battles) but then capping flags needs to be made an actual viable tactic.

This should be done in 2 steps:

1. Add a respawn timer, and make flags permanently cappable (maybe reduce the number of them?). Say, if a flag is not recapped within a minute it's permanently lost. This would make "pushing" actually doable, while not making random ninja'ing OP. A clearer message when your flag gets taken would go well with this.

2. Reducing the power of ranged.

Seriously? If I would make a strat army right now, the ideal would be 80-90% archers. However this is fixed (better armor, nerf...) I don't care, just make sure it's done. Otherwise you will see no offensive tactics employed anytime soon.

Show me the battle where that worked against Drz/Grey-Ranged and I will applaud you.

The point is that because of the respawn timer, you don't actually need to win the ranged duel. There just needs to be enough people to hold of a rush (which isn't that hard with a full roster).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:07:49 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:50 pm »
Why don't we have scaled battle anymore?

this is the only solution if you want to keep timer, otherwise it's ridiculous or exploiting (warm the carpets!)