Author Topic: Time Ran out, Commander not there for qmr, Everything left transfered to defence  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
+1
An army without a commander would be in dissaray irl too so maybe it is a just result :p

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
I don't argue about timing, it wasn't my suggestion to just go ahead and attack, but to wait till prime time.
How or what did i talk about HRE, besides mentioning that both attackers as defenders were on eye level making a good job and having close to the same overall K/D ratio. If you want another flame war please go to another thread.

Sory i'm not into flame war but it seems you are.
So next time use your brain when preparing an atack and don't qq on forums after you got pwned by your own fault.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
+1
the attackers didn't take "THAT" long we formed up a first time at the mill , and were instantly skirmishing on left and right flanks, but kept some troopers behind so the healing tent could be built.  After the healing tent was built 10min, we were constantly charging. We kept an even eye with the defenders on K/d ratio. So explain me how that would have been stalling, we didn't have that many archers nore shielders mostly 2h/pole arm dudes.

You took a long time. I was considering taking a nap during the battle. The last 25 minutes or so was what I call charging.

Even if you argue that it would be a loss because time ran out. Giving 95% of the remains to the enemy ... including tickets, come on really?

Defenders getting your remaining gear was fair, however them getting most of your remaining troops seems very silly. Preferably, they should only get the gear.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
BATTOHURTO

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
+1
BATTOHURTO
(click to show/hide)
Fuckin' lol.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
+7
Well, the time ran out just as expected. You spent first 30min pouring arrows at our shieldwall, while making some puhsing attempts. Then you tryed to pull us from the village... and Finally during the last 25min you actually tryed to invade the village like you should have done from the beginning with. I noticed that during 10 minutes the defenders lost almost 500 tickets. Meatgrinder like that would have depleted the defenders ticketcount in 1 hour, and you had 2 hours. Also, taking a village isn't supposed to be easy, what did you expect?

You also had superior gear (kuyaks an' stuff + mw weapons vs. defenders in leather armors looting the mw weapons) and still the kill death rates for teams were about 1:1.
 :arrow: I think that the defenders earned their victory and the spoils of war.

The troops getting moved to the winning team has been there since the beginning of strat 3. Why didn't you start campaining against it from the very beginning instead of just now when it turned against you. If you need any logical explanation for it:
Your troops decided to join the winning side because they are quite like everyone in the carebear alliance, they want to make sure they win. Even if it means going against all ideas of honor and loyality.

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
The troops getting moved to the winning team has been there since the beginning of strat 3. Why didn't you start campaining against it from the very beginning instead of just now when it turned against you.

Because he was sure his army would win hack and slash style with superior numbers. But since he is butthurt now he needs a reason to qq about.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
+1
The big clans have largely benefited from army transfers of this nature.  I know a number of villages have been taken over without the defenders all being killed and I think they got to keep those troops.

So this is the same thing, just the other way around.

Really, troops are not loyal subjects -- they are hired mercenaries and rabble.  They don't have much trouble switching sides if their side loses.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
+2
i have to say that if you had attacked from the start instead of doing whatever you were doing you would of killed all the tickets in time

the timer is there to make attackers attack - not so the attackers can do feint after feint to draw the defenders out without actually doing any fighting

the last 30 mins was a lot more entertaining and the ticket difference was still the same as the first 30 mins in so you should of just done that from the start imo

the high % of lost items and men has been around for some time now also so its a bit late to say "I DINT KNOW GOV, HONEST!"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:21:59 pm by RandomDude »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
You took a long time. I was considering taking a nap during the battle. The last 25 minutes or so was what I call charging.
So basicly what you want is Chargus not Strategus? Because in the last 25 minutes there weren't any tactics/strategies included, and they stopped earlier when we got aware of the time pressure.

Defenders getting your remaining gear was fair, however them getting most of your remaining troops seems very silly. Preferably, they should only get the gear.
So this implemented rule is mostly against, stallments of archery and camping festivals, why don't you then get the balancing of archery/xbow fixed that it is a support class and people who love it because it is mid century battle style keep going with it and people who are out for FPS can go somewhere else? I was in the impression that you chadz didn't want to have it as a ranged festival, but the servers are just bursting by pure or hybrid ranged. So make it a support class again and not a class with a "realistical(?)" fighting chance. Then it would be used also in strat as support not as main strategy and this stupid rule can go down the sewer.

Maybe i am butthurt, not like weeks of preparation, crafting, trading, diplomatic trickery and other shit was not only more or less for nothing but indeed the opposition was strengthened.

My summery on this:
- not user friendly - not well documented - complettly out of proportion in terms of sanctions and benefits - buthurt - whatever
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future