Author Topic: repeating server crashes and rescedule of Battle(s)  (Read 2785 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
repeating server crashes and rescedule of Battle(s)
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:09:31 am »
+3
In 3 days, besides stalling and and awsome wrath of god, we experienced 2 server crashes through technical problems.

first battle against
Occitan_SHinOCk(300) vs RubiconCrossed_BRD(376)

110 shown in the k/d stats and estemated 140-160 tickets left including those who were still alife

Occitan with low tear gear and BRD with slightly better gear in terms of armor and some nice gear in terms of weapons.

the fucked up battle after the restart
<09:10:12>"arowaine": Occitan_SHinOCk vs RubiconCrossed_BRD - Hide Details
- Battle time: 30.11., 03:47
- Battle duration: 01m40s
- Army size: 300 vs 376
- Battle result: 291 vs 375
- Winner: Defender

second battle crash

2608 Occitan commanded by Occitan_Arowaine
vs.
2378 Fallen Brigade defending Dusturil

in first the 10 min, many weren't able to spawn with gear at all and needed to rejoin
myself had a Huscarl but no weapon ... died in vane by punshing a dude in the face.

at the time of the crash, we took half the spawn flags

and around
2300 Occitan vs. 2100 Fallen were left

overall we lost 3 days through all what happened there worth in gold for 3k+ troops upkeep around 10k gold

now my suggestions whatever is easier to be done:

version 1:
calculate out of the dustruil battle the numbers in troops and gear

version 2:
give 2x the stuff what Fallen had through the fucked up first server crash to the forces of Occitan.
Reason: this is a though village, every troop and equipment counts on defenders sight just more then on attackers site.

in any case, through 3 days delay, 10k gold on Occitan to be able to resupply.

Now on a personal note:
I noticed that only because of this people are close to loosing it.
I liked the wrath of aladin, to give the community the sign, bad things may happen to you if you go against common sense rule. But when then over and over kind of the same stuff happens people get more and more suspicious and bad blood is been spread. So i ask all players guys stay calm, let chadz handle it and remember it is only a game.

@Desert Alliance
yes we may have taken disadvantages because of this, loosing momentum in a tactical wargame, ... not good.
Are we because of it not able to reach our goals, dunno, strat as i experienced from 2.0 and also already from 3.0 is constantly shifting, Fortuna gives it Fortuna takes it .. she's a bitch.

And also for me it is not only about killing all enemies but enjoying the company of this community(even if not all enjoy mine  :twisted: )
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: repeating server crashes and rescedule of Battle(s)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:13:21 am »
+5
FYI.

Lose only has on "o" in it.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:13:39 am »
+4
TLDR
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:37:25 am »
+3
Ahh kinngrimm, how biased can you be with the proposals. Give our stuff to Occitan just because the village is hard to conquer?

If they want to conquer our village, they just have to do it on their own, walking up those hills against the arrow rain. In here, it simply doesn't matter if you have capped half our flags or not, the attacker spawn is so far away that when you die in the village and walk back, defenders would have just re-raised them.

I think the best thing that can be done now is just leave the situation as it is with the equipments that are left. Then we can just re-initialize the battle when server is less buggy.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:51:02 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Kinngrim

braindamaged biased little fuck
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:53:09 am by Vibe »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 11:08:51 am »
Ahh kinngrimm, how biased can you be with the proposals. Give our stuff to Occitan just because the village is hard to conquer?

If they want to conquer our village, they just have to do it on their own, walking up those hills against the arrow rain. In here, it simply doesn't matter if you have capped half our flags or not, the attacker spawn is so far away that when you die in the village and walk back, defenders would have just re-raised them.

I think the best thing that can be done now is just leave the situation as it is with the equipments that are left. Then we can just re-initialize the battle when server is less buggy.
I didnt say transfer, also i suggested different possibilites and also mentionend that there are possibilities where i dint thought of. Am i biased sure, are you? Well i guess at least as much. But yes a resceduled match would be ok too, but when we are still at dustruil in a week from now with the 10th server crash i don't think that would be fun, not the point anyways.. Point is there are reasons we had to do this battle here in the first place with these numbers. If you would be unbiased you would perhaps suggest to make the battle like 3k vs 1300+300 population, before the accidental lock of the own village happened.

@Vibe
(click to show/hide)
who are you? do i know you? should i care? do you have anything of value to say? need some time to find yourself in the void which is your life?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:01 am »
I agree on the crashes, they spoil the fun. That's why I said it should get rescheduled until the server is less laggy / devs fix whatevers wrong with it now. In an ideal world, strat would be paused and we could just continue from the same situation a week from now when the problems are fixed.

Also, of course I am biased towards my clan. I love the Fallen Brigade.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:12 am »
+6
The only thing I would support would be chadz awarding BOTH SIDES with enough Strategus gold to account for the upkeep paid for those troops.  2000 troops = 184 gold per hour or 4422 gold per day (if held by a player).  It's not really fair that both sides are having to pay fairly large amounts of upkeep for troops that by all rights should have been mostly dead by now.

Your other suggestions are ridiculous.  You basically want to punish Fallen and reward yourself for a server crash, which makes no sense.

Clearly there are still big issues with strat battles.  Spawning without equipment and the server crash are big ones that they need to deal with but I think it's safe to say nobody is causing these crashes.  I was playing on the Fallen side and was in their vent when it crashed.  The feeling was we were doing quite well at the time the server went down as they had killed quite a bit more tickets than they had lost.  Knocking down outlying spawn flags doesn't do much for you, since it only takes 2 seconds to prop them back up, and you were not overrunning the central village.  If anything, knocking down the outlying flags just makes people spawn in the middle, when you should probably just leave the outlying flags up and camp them!

(I tell people to manually set their respawn location to one of the central flags anyway but you might still catch some who didn't do it.)

Anyway, yes, strategus is badly in need of some critical fixes.  I'm sure they are well aware at this point.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:56 am »
+2
I agree on the crashes, they spoil the fun. That's why I said it should get rescheduled until the server is less laggy / devs fix whatevers wrong with it now. In an ideal world, strat would be paused and we could just continue from the same situation a week from now when the problems are fixed.

Also, of course I am biased towards my clan. I love the Fallen Brigade.
Spoiling the fun ... you have no idear. But i would not only include the reference to the server crashes which spoils.
Having seen how the first crash was fixed and that thereby unbalance was created and not removed afterwards but taken into the second battle, where then the attackers actually did a pretty good job when i think of that other clans had at the very same village their problems when it was AI village, this achievement then neglected through crash, getting crap then about it in irc and the forum up to the point of organized forum abuse. An admitted use of locking own village as means for getting reinforced, against the commen sence rule.

It is not like without the lock those reinforcements would have found a Fallen village anymore, who would then had to fight an uphill battle?

You love Fallen fair enough, but this is not about Fallen only.

edited:reference link
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:45:36 am by kinngrimm »

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 01:15:45 pm »
now my suggestions whatever is easier to be done:

version 1:
calculate out of the dustruil battle the numbers in troops and gear

version 2:
give 2x the stuff what Fallen had through the fucked up first server crash to the forces of Occitan.
Reason: this is a though village, every troop and equipment counts on defenders sight just more then on attackers site.

These two versions are shitty. Just Give back the gold for upkeep to both sides and fix the server crashes.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »
+1
Version 2:

Priceless.

If we follow this, fallen should have a bonus for taking it in first place...

and remember it is only a game.

that's all we should remember

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »
+1
first battle against
Occitan_SHinOCk(300) vs RubiconCrossed_BRD(376)

110 shown in the k/d stats and estemated 140-160 tickets left including those who were still alife

Occitan with low tear gear and BRD with slightly better gear in terms of armor and some nice gear in terms of weapons.

the fucked up battle after the restart
<09:10:12>"arowaine": Occitan_SHinOCk vs RubiconCrossed_BRD - Hide Details
- Battle time: 30.11., 03:47
- Battle duration: 01m40s
- Army size: 300 vs 376
- Battle result: 291 vs 375
- Winner: Defender

I love how Occ/Hosp and now wolves keep referencing this battle. Before the server crashed we destroyed the army they had and they were down to 0 tickets and only 4 players left. was about a 2.5-1 KD for us. We were perfectly fine with the result. Then the crash. We came back when it was back up to fight again. very few attackers came back.

We capped flags battle won. We would have much rathered the result from the first before server crash. Nothing we can do about it and stop the crying. The tears are about to cause a flood.
Leader of BS

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 07:48:28 pm »
I don't get where the notion of 'cheating/lying/deceiving/taking unfair advantages' falls in the category of "It is just a game" - If someone (not naming names since we're Switzerland) does cheat, lie and what not to "achieve" something in a game, that clearly means this person takes it very seriously and more than most. If you didn't care - like a baws - you'd take it like it all like a man.

Silly reality TV mentality... (Oh I don't know this person so it's OK to be a complete liar and fake person)...
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »
If you didn't care - like a baws - you'd take it like it all like a man.

Not sure who you're refering to, but we took our punishment very well, I doubt anyone from the Brigade is mad because we got punished for locking down that fief (except Mike, he's always mad because he's german), we all agree we deserved that.
It's actually Hospitaller/Occitan and Kingrim now apparently who can't stop whining about every single crap that happens in strat

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 07:55:51 pm »
Just general referral 8-) It applies to way more than 1 group/persons..
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!