Author Topic: Strat - 6 Week mark  (Read 4241 times)

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Strat - 6 Week mark
« on: November 23, 2011, 01:20:26 am »
+4
Well six weeks have gone by since the start of the Strategus v3 and its been an action packed fun filled roller-coaster of epic proportions  .... Oh wait.

What are peoples thoughts on this strat so far?

And any thoughts on what the next 6 weeks will hold?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:21:31 am by VVarlord »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Strat - 6 Week mark
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:36:45 am »
+3
Major overhaul as chadz incorporates all the elements he wanted to see in Skyrim - so flying dragons, magic, and giants.

Honestly, just hope the many small issues get worked on so its actually fun again:

1) looting not working properly
2) horses, siege equipment, average armor - priced out of proportion to new income that never see them
3) villages don't have minimum upkeep of 0 like people so you actually pay more to upkeep in village for first 200 troops
4) fief transfers only done by attacking one's own village (no diplomacy, 7 day wait should be fine between transfers)
5) movement speed needs some tweaking especially with caravans relation to horses and troops
6) byzantion helmet is glitched invisible in all the neutral village fights
7) crafting needs fixing so that everyone can get it, not just people retiring, and its less random
8) strategus xp needs a buff an neutral fiefs need to pay gold that they promised to mercs
etc., etc. (these are just off the top of my head that haven''t been resolved in last 6 weeks)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:46:47 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 01:41:36 am »
Well six weeks have gone by since the start of the Strategus v3 and its been an action packed fun filled roller-coaster of epic proportions  .... Oh wait.

What are peoples thoughts on this strat so far?

And any thoughts on what the next 6 weeks will hold?

I didn't like eu/na split .
Trade system seems like a good addition , people enjoy this mechanism.
cRPG is dead , most of the people only play strat battles.
Strat v3.0 has no drama nor hard-core diplomatic problems.
Strat v3.0 has no big wars on eu side.
LLJK doesn't have afgoonistan :(
Thovex is a lazyass you guys still have 1 fief  :shock:
No drama = No action = No fun so far.

We definetly need some upgrades on cRPG cuz people started to lose interest without cRPG , strategus can't survive.
also Serfonz should unban Panos , salvation of cRPG/Strategus depends on this unban.

Eventually the faction which has Gaydalf's support will prevail.Hope he'll choose us to support.
Gaydalf ftw !

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:13:57 am »
I like crafting, hate the cost and looting problems.

Trading I'm wishy washy about. I like the concept, even the point of how you make money off it.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:12:23 am »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.... go play Skyrim!  :lol:

(click to show/hide)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:05:54 am »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. unless robe heirloom benefits are increased... bringing CTF back might not hurt either
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 07:14:40 am »
Strat v3.0 has no big wars on eu side.
Attack Druzhina and claim Grey Order hired you to do it. Or vice versa

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:30:14 am »
Attack Druzhina and claim Grey Order hired you to do it. Or vice versa
Do i look like a member of dark brotherhood ?
I rather join stormcloaks .
(click to show/hide)

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:32:09 am »
+1
It's BORING as fuck.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 07:45:42 am »
booooooooooooooooorinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
 I think the new changes are good but still many work to do to make them work properly.
I also think items should be cheaper, as of now a medium sized clan will take months to make a decent equip for an army. And when that army dies they'r screwed.
With this economy everybody tries to stay out of war or at least be very well prepared.

Also, a necessary addition is a bandits and raider buff and the ability to convert in an automatic way strat gold in crpg gold. That should encourage randomers and small clans to do funny raids  :D

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 01:35:00 pm »
Boring. Everything is just too slow and some of the bugs are game breaking (loosing gear on battles, loosing everything and getting beamed without a fight).

Some of the new features aren't bad, like having bandits around to intercept merchants is quite a bit fun. It just needs some balance.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:38:19 pm by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 01:36:57 pm »
+1
The new system is great, really, and the trading thing is brilliant and generates a ton of cash if you do it the way you're meant to, which is actually caravaning stuff across the map.  Anyone crafting and selling in one city is an idiot -- they are literally shorting themselves by 400+ gold per day per person.  So if you have 10 people doing this, your clan is missing out on 4000+ gold every day.

You read that right.  The math isn't wrong.  It's actually the minimum benefit you would see from short range trading because you could get way more than that depending on how far you go.  24 goods could potentially sell for 3000 gold if you got the maximum bonus.

The #1 problem right now is losing items you spawned with, even if you didn't die.

That MUST be top priority.

It's the whole reason nobody wants to fight with good gear and it creates way too much potential for serious abuse.  It's a huge bug.  In fact, it is not a bug, it is a dragon.  chadz must slay this dragon before it destroys the world.  That is his new epic quest line.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:39:19 pm by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »
+2
It's boring for most of the players and it doesn't look any different for most of the clan members, they still have to sit in one village produce and send it to someone who will transport it to the other end of map.
But it is more time consuming for clan leaders and their officers, caravans encourage more planning from their side.
And yeah, cost of equipment makes the fights completly none profitable, why would one want to attack if he's almost sure that he'll loose everything? Loots in most of the cases are too small to take them under consideration. Troops doesn't matter at all, their upkeep hurts but not as much as costs of armors, weapons etc.
Crafting is fine, it cuts army equipment costs by half, it's not easy to find a good crafter since most of the people change their class/eq every generation, and others just stopped retiring months ago.
If you're lucky well organised, you're not in war and your allies are in the other corner of map you can make shitloads of money on caravans.

I'm loosing my interests in strategus so as in cRPG, the first one is kinda boring (to be honest I find Travian more interesting  :|).cRPG becomes more and more laggy (at some point it's becouse of my PC, but still...), Warband is buggy as fuck. It's frustrating that I can run on my PC games such as Skyrim and they run smoother than this  :|

PS Also strategus battles are not rewarding as they should be, by rewarding I'm talking about amount of experience, unintenionally it's been cut to something not even worth considering. So adding a fix amount of xp, like 2,5 per ticket plus current sustem like someone mentioned in other topic would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:58:09 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »
It's boring for most of the players and it doesn't look any different for most of the clan members, they still have to sit in one village produce and send it to someone who will transport it to the other end of map.

"Strategus", the website, can only be so exciting.  It's a map.  How exciting do you want a map to be?  But if you're complaining that too many people are sitting around, then that's their fault because there's no reason for that many people to be sitting around.  I see a lot of fiefs with 15 people sitting in them.  There is no reason they couldn't be out there raiding, even if it's in peasant gear.  I carted 1000 goods across 40km at absolute minimum travel speed and wasn't attacked once despite passing right by several towns packed with people, a number of which were already in the "enemy" column.

But, again, I think a big problem here is chadz' bug dragon.  Most clans are avoiding war and I think that's the main reason.  It's certainly the main reason you have not seen NH doing more raiding.  Fix that one bug and I think strategus will get a lot more exciting, real fast.

But it is more time consuming for clan leaders and their officers, caravans encourage more planning from their side.

Did you mean this as a pro or a con?  Personally, I like it.  Clans that put in more effort get more benefit -- the way it should be.  Clans who sit in town crafting and selling are weak, and will be turned into vassals and slaves once the fighting starts.

If you're lucky well organised, you're not in war and your allies are in the other corner of map you can make shitloads of money on caravans.

Nothing "lucky" about Strategus.  If your enemies have prime real estate that they're making a lot of money on, that should be where you attack.

You could also be raiding their caravans.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde