Author Topic: Return of Polearm/2hand Great Long Axe  (Read 1700 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Return of Polearm/2hand Great Long Axe
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:59:49 pm »
I guess you only will know this if you play native, in native the Great Long Axe can be switched to 2h mode by pressing X, I remember when I first made my cRpg dude I bought one thinking it was the same, but was sadly disappointed.   It would be awesome if it was once again a 2hand/Polearm weapon and I doubt it would affect game balance as I can't remember seeing anyone ever use it

_
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Return of Polearm/2hand Great Long Axe
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »
I guess you only will know this if you play native, in native the Great Long Axe can be switched to 2h mode by pressing X, I remember when I first made my cRpg dude I bought one thinking it was the same, but was sadly disappointed.   It would be awesome if it was once again a 2hand/Polearm weapon and I doubt it would affect game balance as I can't remember seeing anyone ever use it

_

I actually use it on my xbow/support toon.  Pike, Great long axe (for shield bustin) masterwork light xbow, steel bolts.  The only issue I'd see with it is that it would need to become "unbalanced" when used in 2h mode and would need a serious speed decrease as 2h animations are faster than polearm animations.  Unfortunately this would make it crappy as a polearm as a side effect.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?