Author Topic: Slot limit for attacking side  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
Re: Slot limit for attacking side
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 04:01:50 pm »
lol
Igni et ferro

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 04:02:37 pm »
+1
I merc'd for FCC at Vayajeg and we were definitely outnumbered and hard pressed but the difference was better organization and overall better players to make up for the numerical disadvantage. A few times the defenders did overwhelm some flanks and even push to the boundies of the spawn but we were all on the same voice comm which is a huge advantage. Our commanders reacted to pressure by organizing rally spots on stronger defensive positions and we were able to hold them off until they started to run out of gear and tickets. If they had been a bit more coordinated they probably could've overwhelmed our spawn because a few times we were basically holding the last line of defence in front of it.

Overall it was a fun fight and I think it's good the defenders get extra people for NPC villages, it balances the fact that with open recruiting, no command structure and probably no voice chat, their force is going to be man for man lower quality than the attackers. Defenders will still fight their hardest because they have a shot at payment, and get a chance to give a rival clan a bloody nose using NPC resources.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
I merc'd for FCC at Vayajeg and we were definitely outnumbered and hard pressed but the difference was better organization and overall better players to make up for the numerical disadvantage. A few times the defenders did overwhelm some flanks and even push to the boundies of the spawn but we were all on the same voice comm which is a huge advantage. Our commanders reacted to pressure by organizing rally spots on stronger defensive positions and we were able to hold them off until they started to run out of gear and tickets. If they had been a bit more coordinated they probably could've overwhelmed our spawn because a few times we were basically holding the last line of defence in front of it.

Overall it was a fun fight and I think it's good the defenders get extra people for NPC villages, it balances the fact that with open recruiting, no command structure and probably no voice chat, their force is going to be man for man lower quality than the attackers. Defenders will still fight their hardest because they have a shot at payment, and get a chance to give a rival clan a bloody nose using NPC resources.

Defenders don't get paid.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 04:48:42 pm »
Yeah I know, this is presumably a bug that everyone knows about, I was describing the system as if it's working...

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »
I was at Kwynn, you didnt push anyone away from your spawn, we fully retreated as soon as we realized there was an invisible wall defending part of it, at that point village still had 200+ tickets left I think. Incidentally it was all Badplayer's fault, I totally called that rushing out and going for the spawn was a bad idea.OMG DRZ conspiracy is right! Badplayer=FCC mole working to undermine the defence XD.

edit: well actually I only got near the attacker's spawn on (our) right side. So left-side spawn for attackers, but that was definetely blocked by invis wall. Not sure what the other flags were like.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:57:39 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »
I was at Kwynn, you didnt push anyone away from your spawn, we fully retreated as soon as we realized there was an invisible wall defending part of it, at that point village still had 200+ tickets left I think. Incidentally it was all Badplayer's fault, I totally called that rushing out and going for the spawn was a bad idea.OMG DRZ conspiracy is right! Badplayer=FCC mole working to undermine the defence XD.

edit: well actually I only got near the attacker's spawn on (our) right side. So left-side spawn for attackers, but that was definetely blocked by invis wall. Not sure what the other flags were like.

If there wasn't an invisible wall it would of worked! I have over 1000 hours in medieval 2 total war and eu3 I know tactics and mine NEVER fail.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »
+1
This game isn't based on EU3 or Total War.  This is clearly a Lords of the Realm II revamp.  That is why you failed, Badplayer.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »
This game isn't based on EU3 or Total War.  This is clearly a Lords of the Realm II revamp.  That is why you failed, Badplayer.

True,  I really enjoy shooting fireballs out of my arse at the enemy and casting invisible wall when they charged - I think that is what won us the village.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 07:15:52 pm »
BaleOhay - post the 2nd battle video please

I knew i had to make screen of battle scores. But was too tired. :)

Anyway this is pointless to discuss now. Because nothing probably going to be done about this.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by Nebun »
when UIF looks at you

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 07:38:35 pm »
Nothing will be done when you have no proof. Sure you can spread your lies and look like a typically ridiculous, paranoid, angry russian. Its entertaining.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »
:)) nah on lieing part :)) Matey and Kesh :)) well are champions :)
personal experience from strat 2 :))

doesn't matter how easy u take fiefs, doesn't make u any better )
when UIF looks at you

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 08:17:56 pm »
since you are accusing us of cheating I believe the burden of proof sits with you. I also believe the first video accurately depicts what happened. Plenty of aggressive fighting on both sides. I do not have a video of the second battle but it was basically just more of the same.. except this time all the defenders in light strange armor instead of robes.

Leader of BS

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 08:42:11 pm »
Nope, the first battle was better, more ppl defending :)
I was talking about 2nd battle
when UIF looks at you

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 08:47:37 pm »
so it went from both battles being paid off to just the one we do not have a video. Interesting. Will you be sticking with this story or do you plan on revising it again if we can find a 2nd video?
Leader of BS

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 09:02:06 pm »
so it went from both battles being paid off to just the one we do not have a video. Interesting. Will you be sticking with this story or do you plan on revising it again if we can find a 2nd video?
Post the video anyway. I wanna see it :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia