Author Topic: Slot limit for attacking side  (Read 4291 times)

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
Slot limit for attacking side
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »
+2
As I can see now, Raven attacking Saren village with near 60 slots available to accept. And I suppose everybody will attack AI villages like this.
So be sure, 2 weeks and almost all villages would be captured.
But only one thing that bothers me right now - WHY? Why is slot limit was increased now and so drastically???
Mercs lost their battle. So what now, everything must be done just not to repeat that situation again? The Union lost their village only because they were outnumbered. Wolves lost their first attack. Everybody were in the same conditions and it was hard to take villages. Not any more.
This really pisses me off.
If I will find some bugs and inappropriate things that make this game hard I will go to Mercs to complain, just only because it works really fast to change gameplay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
Re: Slot limit for attacking side
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:58:12 pm »
Come on, you must admit, 3 - 1 is just rediculous, 2 - 1 would have been better, it should have been 2 - 1 from the start...

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:07 pm »
+4
Come on, you must admit, 3 - 1 is just rediculous, 2 - 1 would have been better, it should have been 2 - 1 from the start...
I'm sure Naduril realizes that this method is better. You just have to understand that DRZ had to deal with the prior method and got 4 villages while fighting against that stupid numbers game. They probly came up with the idea of sending 1500 troops in with 500 well armed and 1000 armed with crap just so they could have a decent amount of slots. The upkeep for sending such a large army to wait 24 hours to attack would be a huge sacrifice. Now it turns out if they waited, they could have attacked with smaller armies, so it's only natural to be steaming. And if they did come up with that plan, chances are they're not set up to split their army in half and just take 2 villages at once now. Since a lot of other clans who weren't forced into the selective equipping may have well distributed armies, they didn't get screwed over quite as hard as DRZ.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:31 pm »
Yeah, it's understandable, same goes for everyone, we also took a heavy hit from this system, it needed fixing, as it was, you were laughing if half the roster turned up, if a full roster turns up, you were pretty much screwed...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:37:53 pm by Lizard_man »

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:47:26 pm »
+1
Lets face it...A very well organized full defenders roster... :rolleyes:

Offline naduril

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:23:11 pm »
+3
This will happen more often
(click to show/hide)
And thus there is absolutely no reason to apply for village because of absence of XP, gold reward and ANY chance to win.

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »
+1
There were several successful attempts at taking villages despite the odds why change it now?

Offline naduril

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:38 pm »
There were several successful attempts at taking villages despite the odds why change it now?
Because of started non-stop whinning. I am really dissapointed about that.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:31 pm »
This will happen more often
(click to show/hide)
And thus there is absolutely no reason to apply for village because of absence of XP, gold reward and ANY chance to win.

So defenders aren't signing up because the attackers now have more players in there roster, right...

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:09 am »
Lets face it...A very well organized full defenders roster... :rolleyes:
this.

1. No exp
2. No gold
3. No chance to win
4. Attackers  ~50-60
5. Defenders ~20-40
6. Plus attackers usually have better equip and better teamplay
It ruins any interest in defending villages. Remember strat2, when ATS took all their villages loosing 1-3 tickets due to TKs.
Coming soon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:32:39 am by Zaharist »
Igni et ferro

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:56 am »
Dehitay - we didn't get decent slots from 1500 k... it was 31 merc same as with 700, 999, 1400 and 1740, we always had the same ammount of mercs, I think only below 500 u had 22 merc slots.

Not sure if u watched our battles we didn't have any heavy equipment, we had Nomad Armor for all troops and shities cudgels, pitchforks and other similar equop and few crafted axes... thats all. Our armor cost 6 gold :) Ah and red practice shields :)))

Hm 50 slots maybe way too easy now. 40 maybe would be better.

Especially on NA servers, i've seen that a lot of players there in defence losing on purpose. And defenders usually same ammount as attackers. Now with 50 slots village will have less defenders then attackers and assuming half of the team will be bribed to lose by attacking team.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:47 am »
Especially on NA servers, i've seen that a lot of players there in defence losing on purpose. And defenders usually same ammount as attackers. Now with 50 slots village will have less defenders then attackers and assuming half of the team will be bribed to lose by attacking team.

Wow!!  Way to just completely make shit up.  "applause"  Everyone defending NA tried just as hard as on EU.  There were no free villages, the fights were just as difficult.  No on "lost on purpose".  No one "bribed defenders to lose." 
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 01:10:27 am »
Dehitay - we didn't get decent slots from 1500 k... it was 31 merc same as with 700, 999, 1400 and 1740, we always had the same ammount of mercs, I think only below 500 u had 22 merc slots.

Not sure if u watched our battles we didn't have any heavy equipment, we had Nomad Armor for all troops and shities cudgels, pitchforks and other similar equop and few crafted axes... thats all. Our armor cost 6 gold :) Ah and red practice shields :)))

Hm 50 slots maybe way too easy now. 40 maybe would be better.

I'm definitely not saying that your equipment was awesome. I'd have to say the village had better stuff. I'm just saying I never saw DRZ lose more than half its troops, so it could have easily been hiding half of it's army with nothing but crap equipment. And judging by how fast y'all were on the uptake, it would make a lot sense if less than 50% of your army was actually equipped with anything even mildly decent. I'll be honest, I didn't pay attention to your melee weapons. I play range on EU servers and remember nothing else than our team getting ripped the hell apart by DRZ ranged.

The thing is, without multi-accounting or paying crpg gold for supplies, I don't see how DRZ could have fielded a strong enough army to take a village as quickly as they did unless they only equipped a fraction of their army with any outfit costing more than 10 gold/troop

However, I am surprised if you only got 31 slots regardless of how many troops you sent in. I was under the impression that the more troops you threw at a village, the more slots you could fight with. You consistently attacked with bigger and bigger armies. Since you had already proven time and time again, your previous sized army could take a village, I don't see why you would have attacked with a bigger army that would have meant paying more upkeep for the same outcome.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 01:36:59 am »
6. Plus attackers usually have better equip

This is the one thing where you're wrong. The villages we took had roughly 6x or 7x more gold to spend on equipment. We certainly did not have a gear advantage.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 03:42:29 am »
Dehitay - :))) we are very big clan, bigger then ever before :) in every battle we didn't have enough slots for our own members: 1. who was present at a time 2. who had hight enough level 3. who was active enough to participate - and we managed to easily fill the all merc slots with our members.
A lot of them without a tag by their own choice, but yes they all druzhina members.

And I have to say its not only about numbers now. Its about economy, organisation and understanding of new system, which I'm sure a lot of ppl don't understand still.
I'm wondering why such a huge clan as Fallen haven't attacked anything yet, while a lot of smaller clans managed to grab something.
Maybe its as difficult to understand as to how we capped our fiefs :)

Btw Mercs not a big clan as you, and they almost took a village - if merc slots would be higher they would surely take it.

As for FCC: i was present at 2 battles in defence, and i've seen naked ppl runing around doing nothing half of the battle, yes there was a number of good NA players giving all their best to fight you off, but if u only count them it would feel like you had a lot more attackers then defenders. I don't know what you did with NA Kesh, but smells like bribery.
Increasing merc count would just let you take villages soo easy, that it would be too booring. I'm sure if you pay defenders well enough they will cut their own throuts.

I didn't go to LLJK battle and don't know how it went. But i'd suggest some EU admins to have a look at some of the NA battles.
when UIF looks at you