Author Topic: Want to hear some suggestions about a map.  (Read 852 times)

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
Want to hear some suggestions about a map.
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »
I've been hearing there's been some discontent with one of the maps on the NA server, "Pueblo Village":

(click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, I don't know any specifics, so from those who have played this map, I would like to hear what your complaints are and anything you'd like to see different about it.  I can't guarantee I'll get to it right away, what with 16 hours of engineering classes eating my life away, but I'll do what I can.  In the meantime, the map will probably be taken out of rotation until the map is updated, so no worries, you won't continue playing something that needs fixing.

Opinions and comments are welcome, but trolling is only encouraged if you want me to put you on a list of people's opinions to ignore. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
Re: Want to hear some suggestions about a map.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:08:05 pm »
I think its fine except one of the spawns needs to be moved slightly forward, the other team always gets to the mid a hair faster.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:18:23 am »
Withe the addition of the side passage things got a lot better. My main complaint on this map so far is purely cosmetic; the stretched textures of the side walls and the gravity defying overhanging rock shelves are a tad hard on the eyes.

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:55 am »
I liked it better without the side passage and the giant rocks hanging over the sides. Just a simple desert valley with a crazy town in the middle was awesome to me. Could instead make passages through the middle (underneath maybe?). Yeah the main reason people disliked it was that one side had an advantage.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »
I also preferred it before the side tunnel was added. First, it looks weird but it also drags the round out unnecessarily as the teams circle each other. I agree with making a passage straight through from the bottom middle area.

My other issue with the map is that with all the climbing needed, one team always gets to the top first. The other team then must fight to try to take the stairs, while also fighting on a weird and tight dome area. I am not a fan of a lot of stairs in general but I guess that can't be helped here.

I don't hate the map at all though. I'm pretty open to all kinds of maps for something different. There are only 2 I really do not like.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch