Author Topic: Losing what you didn't lose after a victory  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Losing what you didn't lose after a victory
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:42:42 pm »
Yesterday, Fallen had a battle and we lucked out by having an enemy that wasn't equipped. Consequently, we didn't lose a single man. However, we did lose a hell of a lot of equipment for having nobody die. To my knowledge, if nobody dies, you're not supposed to lose the equipment that they brought into battle as they would still have it in the end. So either there's a bug, or the dev team decided to change the system and I was never told. This is a huge kick in the ass to any army that uses expensive equipment. Don't even get blood on your gear and lose it in the end.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: Losing what you didn't lose after a victory
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »
Would you be able to tell me exactly what you lost? Or as close as possible? Would make wading through the logs easier. (Also by pm if it's.sensitive info.)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »
It wasn't me who lost the equipment, but Fallen_Curtis_the_cunt. I can't remember the exact number since he's requipped since then, but I believe it was 26 Rawhide Coats, 26 Wrapping Boots, 8 Short Bows, 22 Arrows, some Axes, some Hide Covered Shields, and some Scythes. When I say some, I mean between 1 and 8, but don't even vaguely remember which was which now. However, now that I've gone and said all that, to answer your question: No, I can't tell you exactly. And to make things more fun, he's re-equipped since then, so unless you actually keep track of what's been lost during battle, I'm not sure it can be found out.

We do however have this info if it makes it any easier to find logs
Fallen_Curtis_the_cunt vs Hospitaller_Troyicide
- Battle time: 18.10., 22:51
- Battle duration: 03m23s
- Army size: 36 vs 25
- Battle result: 36 vs 16
- Winner: Attacker

It wasn't such a big battle, so while Curtis would appreciate getting his equipment back, I think we're more interested in just making sure this is a bug and seeing it get fixed.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:47:13 pm by Dehitay »

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 11:56:50 pm »
well, you lose arrows quivers, once they get used, plus scythes are not sheathable, so maybe some people forgot to pick 'em up again.
the other stuff shouldn't be lost, when u lost no tickets.
if yes, it's a bug.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »
well, you lose arrows quivers, once they get used, plus scythes are not sheathable, so maybe some people forgot to pick 'em up again.
the other stuff shouldn't be lost, when u lost no tickets.
if yes, it's a bug.
This happened again during this battle:
Fallen_Dehitay vs Occitan_Gruk
- Battle time: 20.10., 12:00
- Battle duration: 02m20s
- Army size: 50 vs 103
- Battle result: 41 vs 97

I lost 30 Robes, 30 Woolen Hose, 30 Black Hoods, 13 Cudgels, 2 Tridents, 6 Short Bows, and some Falchions, Yellow Practice Shields, and Arrows. I can't tell how many of those last 3 items I lost cause the enemy was using them so we got some extras for the victory. This time we did actually lose 9 men, but about 30 men worth of equipment. It really seems that all the equipment you bring into battle, you automatically lose now. And I believe that's not supposed to be the case.

Also, not related to this thread, but related to this battle, Occitan says they were having problems modifying their roster. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they reinforced their initial army.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:31:06 pm by Dehitay »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »
Please let us know when this is patched.

I think I'm going to be avoiding Strategus battles until I hear it's fixed.  I might risk some robes, hose and cudgels, but not mail shirts, heavy round shields and nordic swords.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »
Please let us know when this is patched.

I think I'm going to be avoiding Strategus battles until I hear it's fixed.  I might risk some robes, hose and cudgels, but not mail shirts, heavy round shields and nordic swords.
Rather than avoiding battle, you could always help encourage the dev team to fix it by helping to mass exploit it. The way I see it, you could continuously attack fiefs with a tiny army armed with nothing of value. The fief on the other hand will waste the equipment of however many troops show up and spawn. If you consistently have one person pound on a fief with crap and take out about 10% of their wealth each time, it would make it a lot easier to take over in the end.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 04:30:37 pm »
1) Do we know if it even works vs NPC fiefs?
2) Wouldn't NPC fiefs recover their losses before the next attack 24 hour later anyways?

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »
1) Do we know if it even works vs NPC fiefs?
2) Wouldn't NPC fiefs recover their losses before the next attack 24 hour later anyways?
Since all battles work on the same logic, I would have to assume it would work the same, though it is possible it works different considering the way villages equip themselves. And AI controlled fiefs get money the same way player owned fiefs do: donations and trade actions. If you're taking away 10% at a time, that's going to be an initial drain of over 15K and villages don't make that much a day off of trading
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:15:14 pm by Dehitay »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »
Well I guess a larger clan with a lot of extra troops could try it, although it would be basically as much exploiting as getting your friends to sign up as defenders and throwing the battle.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 05:27:20 pm »
Well I guess a larger clan with a lot of extra troops could try it, although it would be basically as much exploiting as getting your friends to sign up as defenders and throwing the battle.
The very first village attack was done with only 13 troops. I don't think you need that many. Though what I'm hoping is that this bug will be fixed long before this can be exploited. However, if not, exploiting could encourage them to speed it up. So if Slamz is going to stop playing to avoid this bug screwing him over, he can continue playing to screw over the bug. Fallen is losing equipment left and right due to this thing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:29:16 pm by Dehitay »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 10:33:31 pm »
for some reason all equip that is spawned and still on you at the end of the battle is lost.

At the end of our village battle we had about 8 archers with strong bows on them, but after battle they was gone. So i assume looting at the end of the battle doesn't work anymore.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
Any updates on this bug?

Still wary of starting anything exciting in Strategus above peasant gear due to this.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 10:04:52 pm »
Would you be able to tell me exactly what you lost? Or as close as possible? Would make wading through the logs easier. (Also by pm if it's.sensitive info.)

If you need another case:

Leiknir_Leifrsson vs SI_Puchas -
- Battle time: 26.10., 22:43

He didnt show up, me and my merry men spawned with 2 blue tunics and 2 stacks of stones. That stuff is gone. (troops got added back up)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:10 pm »
If you need another case:

Leiknir_Leifrsson vs SI_Puchas -
- Battle time: 26.10., 22:43

He didnt show up, me and my merry men spawned with 2 blue tunics and 2 stacks of stones. That stuff is gone. (troops got added back up)

When I saw a dev posting, I thought there was going to be an update. Is there really no bulletin board or something of the likes for the dev team so they know the progress of ongoing projects? I thought any dev would be able to tell me if this is getting worked on, but now I'm beginning to realize some may be left out of the know