Author Topic: Selling trade goods doesn't seem to be working as intended  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Selling trade goods doesn't seem to be working as intended
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:42:40 pm »
I just got done crafting 18 goods worth at a 20 gold price (so I paid 10 gold per craft). Then I moved one town over to check hour much profit there would be from that town with the faraway good bonus. When I got there, it said the selling price would be 6.47 with my faraway good bonus of +9%. The trading item at that village is worth 6 gold, so this selling value is obvious derived from that good rather than the actual good I am selling. I went ahead and sold a single one of the goods from the original town just to make sure that it's not a display error, but it did actually sell for 6 gold rather than the 22 gold I would have expected with a +9% bonus. While this completely screws me over, it also means that anybody making the exact opposite trip that I made is getting a massive freaking profit (crafting for 3 and sellilng where it's suddenly worth 20 instead of 6) for a rather short trip.

Also, under trade goods, I was expecting it to list the faraway goods bonus and selling prices for each item individually. I was going to move from town to town in a circle crafting and selling when I got to the town in the circle furthest from the source of each trade good. But if there's only a single far away good trade bonus, will it simply reset when I start crafting in a new village on my path? Or will it just be the bonus from the first village I crafted in to my current location? If it's the former, that's going to be incredibly annoying. If it's the latter, that's going to be incredibly abusable

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Re: Selling trade goods doesn't seem to be working as intended
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »
I just got done crafting 18 goods worth at a 20 gold price (so I paid 10 gold per craft). Then I moved one town over to check hour much profit there would be from that town with the faraway good bonus. When I got there, it said the selling price would be 6.47 with my faraway good bonus of +9%. The trading item at that village is worth 6 gold, so this selling value is obvious derived from that good rather than the actual good I am selling. I went ahead and sold a single one of the goods from the original town just to make sure that it's not a display error, but it did actually sell for 6 gold rather than the 22 gold I would have expected with a +9% bonus. While this completely screws me over, it also means that anybody making the exact opposite trip that I made is getting a massive freaking profit (crafting for 3 and sellilng where it's suddenly worth 20 instead of 6) for a rather short trip.

That's the point, craft low, sell high. chadzONOMICS!

You should start crafting in that other town for 3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:51:52 pm »
The goods were really intended to just be "trade goods," all the individual names were added for flavor / entertainment.  So the economy of a local village dictates both its buying and selling price.

Were I you, I would stock up on goods there and travel nearby to sell them.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »
Seriously?! Even if I include the 1 gold town fee, this is a 400% profit. Faraway goods distance bonus is a joke in comparison to that kind of profit/time. Why did they even bother naming trade goods differently if they're not going to be thought of seperately?

However, even if that's working as intended, I'm still curious what would happen to my faraway goods distance bonus if I went to a third town now. Would it reset now that I've started crafting in a second town and be the distance between the 2nd and 3rd town? Or would it still be the difference between the 1st and 3rd town?

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:11:09 pm »
You can only carry one type of good at a time, so it would be from the origin point of your goods.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »
Strategus!! *logic need not apply

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 09:40:37 pm »
+1
So you can't even raid someone and grab his goods if you already have some other goods? Thats just stupid...
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:17:26 pm »
Yes it's barely understable. I made Slate for 9 in the village aab. I can directly sell it for 20. But if i travaell to big city ahmerrad, i have Slate but i sel them as it was Carpets for only 7. If it is intended, it is quite weird. And because crafting in big town is low percentage , the better i can do is stay in the same village and never move.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:20:00 pm by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:08 pm »
Trading was a good idea, but it doesn't seems to work as intended, i traveled half the map and can't even make a good profit...

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 09:42:30 pm »
The fact is if you make gold ingot and travel to Ahmerad city of carpet , you will sell your gold ingot is it was carpet. If you make Carpet and travel to the gold ingot village ,you will sell your carpet as it was gold ingot.  I hope it is a bug , because economicly it is really not an interessant concept.
(Gold ingot village doesn't exist, it is just an  example of an hypothetical expensive good)

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:00 pm »
The fact is if you make gold ingot and travel to Ahmerad city of carpet , you will sell your gold ingot is it was carpet. If you make Carpet and travel to the gold ingot village ,you will sell your carpet as it was gold ingot.  I hope it is a bug , because economicly it is really not an interessant concept.
(Gold ingot village doesn't exist, it is just an  example of an hypothetical expensive good)

You need to understand that is just a name given to random trade goods to differentiate each other.

You don't have trade good "gold ingot" and trade good "carpet" or trade good "slate" you just have trade good, and the price you craft and sell them for is different in every town.

He should really just get rid of the names and have it be "trade goods from Aab" or "trade goods from Curaw" until something can be fleshed out.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 09:57:41 pm »
And for the moment it isn't "Trade Good from Aab" , because when i sell it in ahmerad , it work like i've done it in ahmerad. That imply that crafting expensive good has no interest. That also mean for some region no caravan since i can do Slate in Aab and make more profit selling them in there instead of travelling. That also mean that villages where crafting cost a lot will be villages where people will sell goods , whereas villages where crafting cost nothing , will be villages where people will craft. Instead of a complex Multipolar economic system this bug leads to a two group system :
-Place you craft in
-Place you sell  in
No matter if it is a village or a town.
This may be very disapointing ...

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:15 pm »
And for the moment it isn't "Trade Good from Aab" , because when i sell it in ahmerad , it work like i've done it in ahmerad. That imply that crafting expensive good has no interest. That also mean for some region no caravan since i can do Slate in Aab and make more profit selling them in there instead of travelling. That also mean that villages where crafting cost a lot will be villages where people will sell goods , whereas villages where crafting cost nothing , will be villages where people will craft. Instead of a complex Multipolar economic system this bug leads to a two group system :
-Place you craft in
-Place you sell  in
No matter if it is a village or a town.
This may be very disapointing ...

It's not a bug, that's how chadz designed it.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:57 pm »
I hope no...
It should be how it looks like to be. Because it's really more natural , and leads to a really more complex system. Bringing strange berry from Veluca to the other side of the desert should give a lot of money for example because of the distance. Or we should never have to sell something below the cost of crafting only because it is the number written on the top of the village.