20 (23.8%)
No
26 (31%)
Derp
36 (42.9%)
Other (Please specify)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: [NA] Earthdforce  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: [NA] Earthdforce
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 05:43:36 am »
I admitted to team wounding, not killing, get your facts straight.  I've seen people get less ban time for multiple intentional team KILLINGS.  Oh ya, lets not even mention the fact that punishment is completely subjective and there are no guidelines posted anywhere about punishment times. 

A good admin would have recognized he was prejudiced against the player and let another admin handle it.  That would have taken maturity to though, which Earthdforce clearly isnt.  He jumped at the chance to ban someone he doesnt like, thats called abusing power.

You aren't exactly prom king with the player base in general, Digglez. Also, while the day ban was pretty extreme, I probably would have given you more than an hour ban being that there are no set in stone guide lines for how long bans can be given out and going by your critiques in other posts about admins, you really ought to know better when it comes to understanding and following the rules.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:08:03 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 08:32:39 am »
You aren't exactly prom king with the player base in general, Digglez. Also, while the day ban was pretty extreme, I probably would have given you more than an hour ban being that there are no set in stone guide lines for how long bans can be given out and going by your critiques in other posts about admins, you really ought to know better when it comes to understanding and following the rules.

I fail to see how giving honest critics of admins has anything to do with me knowing the rules, actually quite the opposite.  By knowing the rules very well I can recognize which admins choose to look the other way.  I know the rules very well and I uphold & defend them, everyone knows I'm a teamplayer (which is why I got banned, I was helping defend my team and was HONEST).  I report offenders on a regular basis, especially on siege where team play matters alot more.  This wouldnt have to be the case if admin was given to clans that actually play there.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:34:29 am by Digglez »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »
Friendly reminder that this is a feed back thread.

I would like to point out that even if someone were to give me harsh criticism (as long as it does not break the board rules as in contain ridiculous personal insults) I would not want anyone defending me in my thread.

I like Earth a lot, but I don't think the point of these threads (as much as they are bullet magnets for trolls) are to have people critique the critique. I think that is for the Original poster, yes?

These are not "trials" these are merely Suggestion Boxes. If you think a "Suggestion" has merit, act accordingly. If you do not think a "Suggestion" has merit, ignore it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
Gee, I feel pretty popular right now

EDIT: Not that I don't like all this negative attention, but can yall please give me some constructive feedback? Ya know, so I can stop being such a badmin?  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:20:16 pm by Earthdforce »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 12:11:30 am »
Gee, I feel pretty popular right now

EDIT: Not that I don't like all this negative attention, but can yall please give me some constructive feedback? Ya know, so I can stop being such a badmin?  :lol:
Easy. Don't give 1 day ban to people that teamkill/teamhit multiple people and then give the exact same punishment to a guy who hits a friendly once to stop him from fucking the server up for the rest.

Scale your penalties according to how severe the action was and don't punish people who had a pretty good reason to do it as much as you punish people who are just dicks.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 01:34:15 am »
Easy. Don't give 1 day ban to people that teamkill/teamhit multiple people and then give the exact same punishment to a guy who hits a friendly once to stop him from fucking the server up for the rest.

Scale your penalties according to how severe the action was and don't punish people who had a pretty good reason to do it as much as you punish people who are just dicks.
For the record, this is probably the first 1 day ban I've given. Just because another admin gave a ban for x amount of days to y player for z punishment does not mean that EVERY SINGLE other admin would have reacted the same way. Sure, perhaps my fellow admins wouldn't have given digglez the same length as I did, but that matters not. I gave him the one day ban and I stood by it. He did his time and now he's free to play. As for this topic, I'm done discussing it, accuse me of something else from now on.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 03:08:28 am »
I fail to see how giving honest critics of admins has anything to do with me knowing the rules, actually quite the opposite.  By knowing the rules very well I can recognize which admins choose to look the other way.  I know the rules very well and I uphold & defend them, everyone knows I'm a teamplayer (which is why I got banned, I was helping defend my team and was HONEST).  I report offenders on a regular basis, especially on siege where team play matters alot more.  This wouldn't have to be the case if admin was given to clans that actually play there.

In your case, your critiques of admins definitely show that you have an understanding of how the rules work, being that you give legitimate complaints, rather than "said admin is a fucking douchebag",etc. You've played in both the community servers and the official servers long enough to have a great understanding of what is right and what is wrong.
You're a pretty honest player, and I can understand your frustration, as no admins really do play on siege, and for the most part, you do uphold the rules, however, you know that one of the most obvious things for an admin to see is a blatant TK, which is usually what a retaliation TK turns out to be. I can't speak for earth, but I know most admins on here, myself included do our best to make sure griefers aren't around on the server ruining the game for others. Being that admins are getting accepted with little to any prejudice, i'd suggest you apply for admin on siege. I personally think you'd make for a good admin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:09:30 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 07:19:28 am »

Knowing the rules is probably an important thing as an admin, considering you are supposed to uphold them and all.
Also muting someone for making a valid criticism is bad form and supports the view that you are a power tripping admin that other people seem to have.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 07:21:10 am »
Just to be clear, the whole csite rule has been discussed so many times it's fuzzy in my head...in fact, there are csites blocking the flag right now and I'm not doing anything about it.

EDIT: So yeah, I was wrong. No one was banned, but I'm apologizing anyways. Sorry for all that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:32:29 am by Earthdforce »

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 09:53:15 pm »
Knowing the rules is probably an important thing as an admin, considering you are supposed to uphold them and all.
Also muting someone for making a valid criticism is bad form and supports the view that you are a power tripping admin that other people seem to have.
Wait?!? admins arent humans? and cant make any mistakes?!?!?

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:04 am »
I like your avatar.  You could be more of a hardass.  I like cats.

^sandwich style critique

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 04:26:00 am »
I like your avatar.  You could be more of a hardass.  I like cats.

^sandwich style critique
Cat avatars = Best admins.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:24 am »
Cat avatars = Best admins.

then why was nuffen slapped around like a dirty whore

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 04:54:49 am »
then why was nuffen slapped around like a dirty whore
I said best, not most popular :P

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 09:51:21 am »
You try very hard to keep the server clean of idiots, and you are usually considerate towards people whom may have been unfairly accused.

I have been frequently ignored and thrown aside by quite a few admins (though I understand there are more important issues), and you are not one of them. I respect you for this.

Asking the community how they view your performance is also very wise in my opinion. Too many have developed this sense of being too good for judgement, yet for us to improve we must subject ourselves to it. Yes there will be haters, but it is good to know why they are hating. A key concept of being a critical thinker, is being able to reflect upon your own and everyone elses opinions.

Keep up the good work, and continue to evolve your methods on what is best for the community.

Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.