Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
41 (61.2%)
No
22 (32.8%)
Luna
4 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: [NA] Braeden  (Read 9052 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: [EU/NA] Braeden
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 02:13:59 pm »
I disapprove of you actions in the lovely 7am battle between Invicti and FCC.

The defenders retreated to a tower in the map which you all made and because the defenders refused to loose another ticket to bring a ladder you kicked the whole defending  team in a pompous show of support for FCC.

The defenders were not delaying but trying to wait for 'reinforcements' to keep the enemy from taking the village and because Kesh didnt want to looose a ticket to get a man to bring a ladder you decide to kick every one! Absurd and bad admining IMO. Tasteless decision to interefere with a strategic strat battle on a very biased whim.

That is called team killing, and it is against the rules. It was impossible for us to reach you without breaking server rules, and that is unacceptable.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »
That is called team killing, and it is against the rules. It was impossible for us to reach you without breaking server rules, and that is unacceptable.

This is called using your fuckin brain,

step 1) pull cock out of your ass
step 2) go spectator
step 3) place ladder
step 4) kill the last defenders

goddamn that was hella hard.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 02:17:56 pm »
Being at the 7 eastern fight, I'd have to say the actions Braeden took in kicking/banning/WARNING all of the defenders that decided to delay (breaking a server rule) at the end of the match when they were out of tickets were appropriate. We attackers had no way of reaching yall as you destroyed your ladder (the only way in), so the only suitable course was to punish the rule breakers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »
That was abuse because attackers didn't check their equip before battle. Thats the same as if attackers siege castle and demand defenders to cut their throats to each other.
Villagers hid in the tower. And attackers couldn't reach them. Thats not the problem of defenders. And as Canary sad, that they had 0 tickets, so what? If they hid like this during middle of the battle and attackes didn't have ladders you would ban for an hour defenders. What a nonsense...

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »
This is called using your fuckin brain,

step 1) pull cock out of your ass
step 2) go spectator
step 3) place ladder
step 4) kill the last defenders

goddamn that was hella hard.

If this is in reference to a certain strat battle from earlier tonight, I don't know whether to call you mad, or just a flat out retard. One side is not obligated to waste tickets and respawn with gear (which will also be wasted) simply because one team is a bunch of sour crybabies and decides to put themselves in an unreachable spot. I and pretty much any other admin that would have witnessed this fight would have been well within their rights to ban those glitching in strat matches like that. Play the game the way it's meant to be played or don't play at all, it's that simple.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:59:53 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »
If this is in reference to a certain strat battle from earlier tonight, I don't know whether to call you mad, or just a flat out retard. One side is not obligated to waste tickets and respawn with gear (which will also be wasted) simply because one team is a bunch of sour crybabies and decides to put themselves in an unreachable spot. Play the game the way it's meant to be played or don't play at all.
Darkkarma, and again. attackers spawend with inappropriate equip, with no ladders and CS, is that the problem of defenders? Attackers must TK someone to bring a ladder. No, thats the breaking of rules, cause there shouldn't be TK and thats why defenders are guilty.
Pfff...

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:13 pm »
+1
This is what happened. A large army attacked a village. The village rallied an army and opposed them, for a while. When nearly all of the army defending the village was defeated, the remaining few were inside of a stone structure they could not get out of.

In essence, the attacking army killed the majority of the opposition and the rest were effectively jailed, taken prisoner. There is no way the remaining defenders could have retaliated, whether the attackers could have actively killed them or not. I mention zero tickets because it wasn't an army using the stone tower as a defensive point, it was the remainder of an army stuck inside of it. They weren't getting reinforced, no one was left to save them.

You may have seen it as a stalemate, and having a dozen or so men draw out a battle to wait for the attackers' flags to drop is one thing, but there was no fight left. The defenders were stuck in their prison, and the attackers had the town.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:06 pm »
Darkkarma, and again. attackers spawend with inappropriate equip, with no ladders and CS, is that the problem of defenders? Attackers must TK someone to bring a ladder. No, thats the breaking of rules, cause there shouldn't be TK and thats why defenders are guilty.
Pfff...

When defenders go to an unreachable spot by any other way other than ladders when they have zero tickets and virtually zero chance of winning, then yes, it is breaking the system. Say whatever you want about it, siege ladders are meant to aid in taking castles and villages but they are not meant to be the sole means of entering a defended spot, which is why castles always always have already built in ways for attackers to get in. It is the same as breaking a ladder in regular battle after getting into an unreachable spot for the other team, I guess it's their fault and deserve to lose or draw a round for "not being prepared" right? Get real.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 03:31:20 pm »

When defenders go to an unreachable spot by any other way other than ladders when they have zero tickets and virtually zero chance of winning, then yes, it is breaking the system. Say whatever you want about it, siege ladders are meant to aid in taking castles and villages but they are not meant to be the sole means of entering a defended spot, which is why castles always always have already built in ways for attackers to get in. It is the same as breaking a ladder in regular battle after getting into an unreachable spot for the other team, I guess it's their fault and deserve to lose or draw a round for "not being prepared" right? Get real.
Nope. They are removed now. Only the ladders you bring (to a strat siege, ofc) and the siege towers you make are available.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
Well then that point is totally moot, thanks for pointing that out, as I wasn't aware that they had changed that. Still, attackers should not be penalized for not bringing siege equipment to a village battle once they've already taken the village and only have to deal with a few remaining survivors who have decided to hold up in an unreachable spot.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 04:10:25 pm »
Hide in a hole until the timer runs out -> delaying.  Not going to apologize for acting accordingly on that, and I think allegations of my being biased towards FCC as an explanation for my actions is frankly silly.

I do appreciate the feedback though, thank you.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »
Well then that point is totally moot, thanks for pointing that out, as I wasn't aware that they had changed that. Still, attackers should not be penalized for not bringing siege equipment to a village battle once they've already taken the village and only have to deal with a few remaining survivors who have decided to hold up in an unreachable spot.
Of course. I just wanted to point it out. Hate seeing wrong or outdated information go uncorrected xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gVWG5IQ7w&feature=related

now as you can clearly see in the following link, aragorn and the rohirrim were clearly the HATE Alliance in this point of view.  The uruk-hai, tkoh/tkov. 

now from 0:00 to approx :48 seconds you can clearly see they are preparing for the charge, which was obviously what they were doin in the strat battle.  As Lordark so pointed out, you can also see the "reinforcements" being called in at :48 seconds.

Now this is where you all stray from the path, look, i know you see it, the uruk hai.  They brought siege equipment, they knew what to do at this point. 

Now if you continue to watch you could have seen what would have unfolded, if only you didnt kick everyone, this is obviously what would of happened. 

Your quick administering of such unrightful justice left to more of this as a ending. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2lk5FmGBo

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »
defenders that decided to delay (breaking a server rule)

So, I dont want to play devils advocate too much here... but when Fallen archers ran to the edges of the map for 10 minutes at the end of a strat battle and we called them out on delaying - we were told the delaying rule did not apply to Strategus battles.

The situation which took place this morning has its own problematic that I'm not arguing against. I just want to be clear on what the rule is concerning delaying.

If the attackers siege a castle and fail to bring enough ladders to kill off a dozen troops who survived the siege... do the defenders get called out on delaying because they're not jumping down from their castle walls to attack the enemy?
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »
The rule is delaying in strat is just as actionable as delaying in battle.