Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 49923 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2012, 11:28:20 am »
Thomek is a good admin, leave him be.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2012, 07:31:01 pm »
+4
Wow BlindGuy, I can understand that the kick caused some tension and it was a bad call. But the way you go about it is not going to help your case at all and doesn't make you look too good either.

No, I dont care that he kicked me, I used to get kicked all the time by all the admins, cause I would jump onto roofs to shoot as an archer and apparantly thats NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE ITS NOT FAIR TO THE OTHERS, because they would have to jump up too and thats too much to ask of them.

Now, pls explain what my case is? I didnt think i had one, but apparantly you think I do?

Anyway, my main irritation is ppl DEFENDING him:

1/ He isnt a good admin.
2/ he isnt a nice person.

Both those are UNDISPUTABLE, just end this fucking thread already.

Heres some funtimes from days gone by:

YEAH HES SUCH A GREAT ADMIN.

EDIT: For those who cannot be asked to check the SS carefully: It shows Kinn whining, but thats besides the point XD  what it shows to do with this thread is Badmin Thomek, drunk, angry that he cannot avoid being couched, threatening to ban next person who couches him. Then, guess what, he wonders into a lance AGAIN, laughs in admin chat for all to see, and bans the guy who killed him FOR TEAMKILLING.

YES HE IS TRULY BEST OF THE BEST OF ADMINS TRULY. derp
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:34:22 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »
what it shows to do with this thread is Badmin Thomek, drunk, angry that he cannot avoid being couched, threatening to ban next person who couches him. Then, guess what, he wonders into a lance AGAIN, laughs in admin chat for all to see, and bans the guy who killed him FOR TEAMKILLING.

I see Thomek, maybe drunk, making a statement* of banning someone for the night if he gets couched. Then some banter between Thomek and Polo before and after Polo killing Thomek. And then a 2 minute ban on Polo, probably as some sort of, maybe drunken, continuation of the joke.

An example of a lapse of professionalism, i.e. using his admin powers for a joke. Not an example of Thomek being a bad person or particurarly bad admin. If Polo took offense to it, then it's not good and Thomek should probably apologize for the bad joke.

I have kicked fellow clan members once or twice as a joke or muted them, so I can understand the joke. But I would not personally kick an unknown person. It has the potential of making someone mad, especially if they think they've truly been banned for the night, or 2 months as some think the "m" stands for.

Thomek has always been strict, and he does ban people easily, but generally the punishment for rulebreaking is left to the admin. I tend to be more lenient with people I do not know to have a history of rulebreaking. Thomek gives longer bans more readily.

*a joke, most likely. I may be part reason to why Thomek gets this image of raging and truly hating cav, because it's a kind of running joke between us to watch the responses to his threads. They're always good reads. He does think they're OP, but he doesn't rage to them apart from occasionally shouting "NO!!" or something similar in TS when the cav barely manages to hit him and he dies.

I try to remain as objective as I can to this, while at the same time trying to bring forward a side of Thomek that some of you do not know. The kick of the horse archer was something I wouldn't have done, personally, since he was shooting arrows. Though, I can see some reasoning behind it since the horse archer had no hope of actually shooting 20 people with the amount of arrows he must've had left by the time. I wouldn't strip his admin rights(probably just warn him), though giving some more clearer rules as what constitutes delaying would not hurt.

Something I would like to know:
I've been in situations where I am unreachable by arrows and I am the only one left alive versus ~2-4 ranged and they refuse to engage me in close combat. According to cmp's interpretation, the ranged are leeching, since I am unreachable by their ranged weapons. In these cases I always charge because I'd rather respawn and get to fight than do nothing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:46:27 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:20:19 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1088
  • Infamy: 1136
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
+7
LET'S PLAY GAME OF THOMEK

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »
Rage ban? On poor Templol who even cannot poll :(

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #381 on: October 04, 2012, 11:33:34 pm »
I disagree with the Goztepe's kick, if there's fighting then there's fighting.

That is all.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:28 pm »
Really, whining about that two minute ban? Learn to appreciate jokes, even if admins do it. It's cRPG, devs and admins are allowed to troll.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #383 on: October 04, 2012, 11:57:13 pm »
You are right 2 minutes ban is nothing with comparison to flying carpet and Aladin but still I have that feeling that admin should be more than that to give an example.

Offline DeWalker

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Laconicus
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2012, 12:17:59 am »
Really, whining about that two minute ban? Learn to appreciate jokes, even if admins do it. It's cRPG, devs and admins are allowed to troll.

It's not the ban really, its losing a multi, whatever.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2012, 03:01:48 am »
+2
blblabla screenshot.

1. I remember that situation, and it was a late night joke I had with polo who was constantly trying to troll me. We are all friends and good. Coming with a screen 1 year after trying to prove something is bullshit. "oh no! he's an aboozer!!" Give me a break. Obvious joke to someone who can take it.

2. If it is true that Blindguy is former Templar_Grey..  (Something which makes sense since he also had a habit of screenshotting "proof" and would also explain why he is in this thread and wants me to burn)

Well, Templar_Grey tried several times to FRAME unknown/new/innocent players by trolling them into teamkilling him, then posting screens in the ban threads asking for their bans. The whole charade ended with him personally threatening me. Of course he got permabanned.

And now he's trying to use the same creative use of screens to frame me.. (If he indeed is the same person)
Templar_Grey has absolutely zero creditability, formerly being the most poisonous troll in cRPG.

@Khorin
I rarely ban, mainly use kicks, and or light bans. Can't remember last time gave a harder (4days or so) ban for anything but leeching.

I do realize some of you don't like my admin-style, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest..

Goztepe (missing in this thread btw) got a message. Don't do pointless delaying. The punishment was without consequence (a kick) and should be regarded as a statement.

And for those of you who seem to read a lot of bs into how I am as a person:

I personally don't give a single fuck if I have adminship or not. Tbh, recently it seems more of a burden with the shitstorm I have to take for a kick.
The only reason I won't resign by myself is that it would satisfy certain players too much. :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:18 am »
+4
Let me explain this real slow...
He.
Wasn't.
Fucking.
Delaying.
...get it?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2012, 08:45:25 am »
+4
Get it through your fucking head, Thomek, that was not delaying. Even your fanboy Khorin is saying that.

The "shitstorms" are not unfounded, Thomek. You actually do make rash choices. Like that one time when you kicked a Druzhina whilst they were fighting for delaying. Granted, I agreed with the kick but only because they were pissing everyone off by not helping the team and camping somewhere. After you kicked him, they got butthurt and mass-quit.

Anyway, like I said I don't want your head to be chopped off, but if you keep saying that he was delaying then consider me one of the people who'd be satisfied if you resigned.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »
Well, according to rules Goztepe was not delaying.

But he did ignore my warning and suggestion to not draw it out, by riding further and further away. (Logs are still broken so I can't check how many seconds passed)

Anyway.. I'm a bit worried that HX/HA can and will draw out hopeless situations if they know they are safe from the delaying rules. Perhaps my call was borderline, but I'm worried they will abooze this fact as much as they can if we let them do it.. It should be up to admin discretion to evaluate the situation, warn, and kick for it.

Perhaps we need some more flexible delaying rules. We will see if their behaviour will change if they feel safe from kicks.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »
+2
Thomek you are good admin and you do good job as admin.... pple annoyed by your kicks / ban have just to CHANGE THEIR BEAHVIOUR and then they will be quiet...

Crpg needs admins like you !
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !